Paul Wayne Evans
Funny

United States

#1 Feb 14, 2013
so you got the other post deleted...haha you a worthless,lying piece of crap...you tell everbody you will do this and that to get your vote and then when we all voted for you..you dont do anything you say...lets hope these 3 yrs go by quick so you can be replaced!
Friend of PW

Brevard, NC

#2 Feb 14, 2013
Rome wasn't built in a day and Jasper won't change in a couple months. Anyone who knows politics knows you just can't come into office and turn things upside down, it's a process. Hang in there "PW" I have faith in you!
really

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2013
I think he is doing a good job,you should run for office if you think you can do better.
mountain slide

United States

#4 Feb 15, 2013
And he thinks he owns all of Aetna mountain and open roads! Read about it in the newspaper last week.
OldSchool

Lookout Mountain, GA

#5 Feb 15, 2013
mountain slide wrote:
And he thinks he owns all of Aetna mountain and open roads! Read about it in the newspaper last week.
He does not, he just is tired of jacka$$e$ on 4 wheelers and 4WD's tearing up his property. And the guy from Chatt doesn't know what he is talking about, that is not a county road. It never has been.
hootch

Newberry, SC

#6 Feb 17, 2013
I have already seen good things that paul wayne is doing. He is going to be way better than Billy Simpson was.
ben

Jasper, TN

#7 Feb 24, 2013
PW is gonna do a killer job
dana
#8 Feb 25, 2013
pw is one of the nicest people i know!!
whats up

Jasper, TN

#9 Mar 11, 2013
when people make "campaign promises" they should be kept but getting elected is all they want
daisy1956

Jasper, TN

#10 Mar 12, 2013
Paul Wayne is serious about improving Jasper, give him a chance.
Odd

Fort Payne, AL

#11 Mar 12, 2013
It's odd that you talk about "campaign promises" but don't mention any specific promises.
Friend of PW

Benton, TN

#12 Mar 12, 2013
the man is doing a fine job . he will do what he said he will do for this town . if people knew all the things that was dropped in his lap by him just winning the office they wouldn't be so quick to jump on his back . i'm sure the next 4 yrs under his leadership this town will improve by far more than it did in the past and as for him and his mountain land --- the people raising hell about it --- they must be the outstanding citizens that cut the tires off of the TWRA trucks on the mountain . i'm sure the TWRA would love to talk to them .
Odd

Fort Payne, AL

#13 Mar 12, 2013
Friend of PW wrote:
the man is doing a fine job . he will do what he said he will do for this town . if people knew all the things that was dropped in his lap by him just winning the office they wouldn't be so quick to jump on his back . i'm sure the next 4 yrs under his leadership this town will improve by far more than it did in the past and as for him and his mountain land --- the people raising hell about it --- they must be the outstanding citizens that cut the tires off of the TWRA trucks on the mountain . i'm sure the TWRA would love to talk to them .
I agree 100%, PW is the right man for the job. I can't wait to see the outcome of these next 4 years. If you have ever talked to PW face to face then you know how much he cares about Jasper and that he wants to make it a better place for all it's residents. Good luck PW!
Jeff Perlaky

Chattanooga, TN

#14 Apr 24, 2013
I would like to make a statement and respond to a few of the comments made.

I am a property owner on Aetna Mountain. All I want to do is to be able to access my property. This has been an on-going battle for many years. How would you feel if you had property and your access was being denied? You probably wouldn't like it. I don't and thats why I have been fighting for so long to keep access to my property.

While, there have been many stories told of off-roaders obliterating the mountain and doing damage by causing erosion. TVA routinely sprays under the power lines with all of their vegetation killers so even if you stopped off-rodaing all together there will be no vegetation to prevent soil erosion. Also, the off roaders do help maintain fire breaks and the ones I have met have been very nice over the years and many have been families. Does crime occur up on the mountain, my answer would be yes. Now, think were we would be as a society if we closed any road that a crime occurred on? Also, I feel safer on the mountain than I do in downtown Chattanooga any time of the day or night.

To answer "Friend of PW" comment. "the people raising hell about it --- they must be the outstanding citizens that cut the tires off of the TWRA trucks on the mountain . i'm sure the TWRA would love to talk to them."

I would not say I am raising hell about anything. I am fighting for my right to access my property and to keep a public road as recognized by different court orders open. I have followed the legal system and fought in court which is very expensive and can be dissapointing. I have never broken any laws and do not appreciate the insinuation that I may have caused any of the alleged damage by TWRA. I am happy to talk to TWRA at any time should they so desire. However, I can tell you that TWRA appear's to be in violation of the 2010 court order by having a sign before the Perlaky property corner in the road stating no motorized vehicles allowed beyond this point. Despite a promise made by Kirk Miles with TWRA in the interest of being good neghbors that the sign would be removed, he then changed his mind and said the sign would remain. So much for being good neighbors and it taught me not to believe what TWRA says.

I put my name on here and am not trying to hide behind a screen name. If Mr. Evans does not want people on his property that is his decision and I respect that. Perhaps, if it is such a problem for him having tresspassing problems a public road for law enforcement to be able to access the mountain may be a good idea as I am sure in this day in age he or someone he knows has a cellular phone and he could simply dial 911. Additionally, by having a public road and traffic on the road there is usually safety in numbers and with more people perhaps that may discourage any criminals from doing any illegal activities.
Jeff Perlaky

Chattanooga, TN

#15 Apr 24, 2013
Also, I would like to respond to "Old School" comment: "He does not, he just is tired of jacka$$e$ on 4 wheelers and 4WD's tearing up his property. And the guy from Chatt doesn't know what he is talking about, that is not a county road. It never has been. "

I don't know if I am the person from Chatt you are referring to but I have said Aetna Mountain Road is a public road. I have never said that Aetna Mountain Road is a county road. I just wanted to offer some clarification.

Again, I don't know if I am the person from Chatt you are reffering to or not.
mountain slide

Tucker, GA

#16 Apr 24, 2013
Don't worry Jeff, you got a big number of people that's got your back. It's bs what they have done and are doing and the huge amount of money you and other property owners have spent fighting this $hit over a public road. Anybody that makes any kinda comment on here that has anything to do with that PUBILC ROAD needing to be closed off to PUBLIC USE don't know what the hell they are talking about. Why the hell has PW left that damn gate open out there for years well let's see here maybe because its a PUBLIC ROAD and yes Jeff your right I have never saw it heard you say it was a county road. It's a PUBLIC ROAD and anybody that wants to disagree with that fact is going to be family of PW or a hunting club member of his. Once again brother don't sweat the BS on this site. Facts are facts and that's a done deal so they can get over it. I remember about 7 or 8 year ago PW stopping me by the Bowwater tree and telling me I couldn't go any further that I was on private property so I told him I was sorry about that and I turned around and went back off I'm lookout valley. Now facts come out and that man flat out lied to me. You can't tell me he didn't know any better, he knew good and well that was a public road. Me and many other really appreciate all the time, work and effort you've put into keeping this road open.
Jeff Perlaky

Chattanooga, TN

#17 Apr 25, 2013
Mountain slide: Thank you very much. Your kind comments are very much appreciated. It is comments like yours that are what keeps me going. Thank you again. The road has never been abandoned and should not be. Aetna Mountain Road has been around since at least the Civil War. I think it is in great shape for how old she is. Yes, she has a few bad spots but those can be fixed. Just think of the history that has taken place on this road. It needs to be preserved. Thank you again.
mountain slide

Tucker, GA

#18 May 12, 2013
Jeff Perlaky wrote:
Mountain slide: Thank you very much. Your kind comments are very much appreciated. It is comments like yours that are what keeps me going. Thank you again. The road has never been abandoned and should not be. Aetna Mountain Road has been around since at least the Civil War. I think it is in great shape for how old she is. Yes, she has a few bad spots but those can be fixed. Just think of the history that has taken place on this road. It needs to be preserved. Thank you again.
You welcome Mr. Perlaky, your a well respected man and there are alot of us that do care and appreciate all that you've done and are doing. Anyone that's against keeping this road open does not know or understand what the truth and history is with this road. And the few that want it closed are the ones on the hunting lease. The solution is not closing the road. They need to handle it like everybody else has to that owns land anywhere else and have people trespassing. You don't close any other roads just because you have people trespassing on land that joins other roads do you? And yes there are a few rough spots on the old road but like you said its in good shape for how old it is and not have any upkeep on it really and yes those areas can be fixed. Thank you again!
Duh

Jasper, TN

#19 May 12, 2013
Duh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Derek tucker (Aug '15) 10 hr Tucker 15
Corrupt Marion County Justice System 11 hr Dontgetcaughtupin... 15
Holly Morrison and Steven O'Neil getting divirced 12 hr Nbridge 13
Gray Mazda 12 hr Nbridge 1
Tonya Brown 15 hr Found 3
Need name 20 hr Mayberight 12
Justin "Gus" Dagnan Tue Haha 2

Jasper Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance