Fresh Cut Meats
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Ooltewah, TN

#1 Apr 26, 2012
Does anyone know anything about Fresh Cut Meats that opened up in Kimball?
Yeah

United States

#2 Apr 26, 2012
I hear they buy their meat at Sam's and resell it. Seriously.
wow

Trenton, GA

#3 Apr 27, 2012
Yeah wrote:
I hear they buy their meat at Sam's and resell it. Seriously.
U have an hour consult and YOU, the customer, tells them what cuts you want and how.
I've had some of their meat, and it is definitely NOT store bought!
concerned

Catawba, NC

#4 Apr 27, 2012
try smith grocery in whitwell their meat is the best
yep

Charlotte, NC

#5 Apr 27, 2012
Smiths is the best around.. anything how ever u need it...
meat money

Jasper, TN

#6 Jun 2, 2012
I went to check out the meat place...and found out they make you fill-out a credit application for Pioneer Credit in order to buy the meat. The woman I talked to didn't really know anything more about it, and I asked if I could just pay the monthly price or whatnot to do that, and was informed I'd have to finance it...that's how it worked. Apparently her "boss" wasn't there at that time though, and I was informed I'd have to come back and talk to him. I really just wanted to check them out to see if it was worthwhile for my family. I saw NO meat inside the place (it was probably in the back) and all the freezers in the front were just plain white freezers. No ability to see inside. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to finance friggin' meat... I'll continue buying it as I need it! And YES, Smith's in Whitwell really does have the best meats and cuts and they are some of the most friendly people on Earth. I've known them all for years and give them my business whenever I'm in Whitwell. Their steaks and chops are far better than those you can find anywhere else here in the valley.
big momma

Nashville, TN

#7 Jun 3, 2012
Where in Kimball is this place don't sound to good
guess who

Jasper, TN

#8 Jun 4, 2012
meat money wrote:
I went to check out the meat place...and found out they make you fill-out a credit application for Pioneer Credit in order to buy the meat. The woman I talked to didn't really know anything more about it, and I asked if I could just pay the monthly price or whatnot to do that, and was informed I'd have to finance it...that's how it worked. Apparently her "boss" wasn't there at that time though, and I was informed I'd have to come back and talk to him. I really just wanted to check them out to see if it was worthwhile for my family. I saw NO meat inside the place (it was probably in the back) and all the freezers in the front were just plain white freezers. No ability to see inside. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to finance friggin' meat... I'll continue buying it as I need it! And YES, Smith's in Whitwell really does have the best meats and cuts and they are some of the most friendly people on Earth. I've known them all for years and give them my business whenever I'm in Whitwell. Their steaks and chops are far better than those you can find anywhere else here in the valley.
You walk in there and the smell makes you nauseaous why in the devil would you buy meat from a place that smells that way. I bought some hamburger meat there last year and it was nothing but grease it was terrible. I refuse to buy anything from there and I know alot of other people that feel the same.
livewire

Chattanooga, TN

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Fresh cut has the best and there sure is alot of jealous hillbillies around this place
livewire

Chattanooga, TN

#10 Sep 13, 2012
Some of our meat is supplied by Sams wholesale division as well as amerfoods rheinhart food and nashville meats we have been in business since 1987 and have no consumer complaints. If you want to pay cash fine if you have bad crediy we will finance for you. The reason we have 90 days no interest is so the customer has 30 days to try the meat before any money is needed Try doing that with a local farmer Ha. We do this in a way to guarantee our service and meats There is no bad sn\mell here come see for yourself I cant help that meat is so high but if your a deadbeat like the previous posters must be. We wont give you a hotdog on credit. Our ground beef is made fresh everyday and amount of fat is regulated according to customer preference. Sorry if you cant afford quality and I feel sorry for you folks who buy at grocery store because it will go to 5 dollars a pound for hamburger by January. YOU GARBAGE GUTS ON HERE WOULD NOT KNOW A GOOD PIECE OF MEAT IF YOU GOT SLAPPED UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH IT. We have over 60 years combined expierience in meat industry and probally forgot more about meats than any meat cutter around here will ever know Come on down and see for yourself We have meat to please you and pleased to meet you Any futher comment can be verified by calling Andy 837 meat{6328}
a Hill William

Jasper, TN

#11 Sep 13, 2012
livewire wrote:
Some of our meat is supplied by Sams wholesale division as well as amerfoods rheinhart food and nashville meats we have been in business since 1987 and have no consumer complaints. If you want to pay cash fine if you have bad crediy we will finance for you. The reason we have 90 days no interest is so the customer has 30 days to try the meat before any money is needed Try doing that with a local farmer Ha. We do this in a way to guarantee our service and meats There is no bad sn\mell here come see for yourself I cant help that meat is so high but if your a deadbeat like the previous posters must be. We wont give you a hotdog on credit. Our ground beef is made fresh everyday and amount of fat is regulated according to customer preference. Sorry if you cant afford quality and I feel sorry for you folks who buy at grocery store because it will go to 5 dollars a pound for hamburger by January. YOU GARBAGE GUTS ON HERE WOULD NOT KNOW A GOOD PIECE OF MEAT IF YOU GOT SLAPPED UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH IT. We have over 60 years combined expierience in meat industry and probally forgot more about meats than any meat cutter around here will ever know Come on down and see for yourself We have meat to please you and pleased to meet you Any futher comment can be verified by calling Andy 837 meat{6328}
After reading your last two comments I would not do business with you. I have never heard of you prior to reading this and I see no reason to be getting to know you now. I suggest though, prior to insulting someone's intelligence, you try working on your grammar and sentence structure. You should also work on your spelling. I can't speak for whoever started this thread but it looks like somehow, somewhere, you offended someone. Gee, after reading your entries I can't imagine how that could have happened.
uranidjit

Prosperity, SC

#12 Sep 14, 2012
U might wanna watch who you're calling hillbillies, that's who makes up most of this area. Name calling to potential customers is not the greatest sales tactic.
street stuf

Bristol, TN

#13 Sep 14, 2012
buy your chicken at SAVEALOT, whitwell, pork an beef at SMITH whitwell, all are courteous an friendly
qaz

Seaside, CA

#14 Sep 16, 2012
livewire wrote:
You need some training in good customer service. You never insult current or possible clients. You should have been the bigger person and not have said anything.
Marion County Resident

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2012
Decided to try to spend my dollars locally - will not go back. A prime example of the customer service/attitude you will receive (older gentleman) is written on this page: rude, inconsiderate, insulting, and I could go on... I would not recommend any female entering business without husband due to the treatment received. I enjoy spending my money locally but not here.
wake up

Wildwood, GA

#16 Sep 23, 2012
Cmon people... fraud scheme here......finance meat at a strip mall really .... 5 0 standby

Since: Oct 12

Jasper, TN

#17 Oct 6, 2012
WOW!!! All I can say is : if I owned that business and my employee got on the Internet and spoke out the way this employee just did, well lets just say : YOUR FIRED!!!
Nancy Havis -Gruetli TN

Tracy City, TN

#18 Jan 1, 2013
RE: Fesh Cut Meats in Kimbal, TN
I Purchased a few ribeyes last June 2012 and they were very good. I decieded to make a purchase (special #4). Which consisted of mostly ribeye, and ground chuck, a a few other cuts of lesser roasts. I found that when I went to cook the steaks some of them were very tough. I brought them back to the store and he swapped them for better steaks. But after that almost all the ribeys (roast and steaks) were awful. The only way they were edible was to braise them. What I found out by watching a Martha Stewart cooking show about braising is I was givinen instead of ribeye, was chuck roast - I didn't bother trying to return all this meat. As I live an hour away, and all the meat I purchased was in my freeze, and in an hour ride down the mountain it would have defrosted. I'm sure they wouldn't have given me money back of previously frozen meat. I am in the process of contacting The BBB.
Dffsdg

Chattanooga, TN

#19 Jan 2, 2013
Good!
Coffee County Resident

Manchester, TN

#20 Jan 8, 2013
You have to make an appointment to purchase. You are not allowed to be in the business while another person is in there placing their order. That was kind of fishy to me. We saw the advertisement in a local paper and thought this might be a good way to stock our freezer. We wanted to only try one of the specials in the advertisement which would be around $13 per week and then if it was good, purchase more later. Well, that wasn't an option apparently because we weren't even asked what we wanted. Some how we ended up purchasing $1700 in meat. Go ahead and call us stupid. He supposedly threw in many "free" things which included country style ribs, pork steaks, chicken breasts, bacon, sausage, catfish and vegetables. Once we got home, we weighed it best we could on our bathroom scales just to see how much we got. It averaged out to be around $10/pound and that's counting the "free" stuff. My husband called and left a message asked what our price supposed to be. We never got a call back. Let's just say he was a salesman and he talked so fast you didn't have time to think about what he was saying because he made it sound like you were getting a great deal. Joke is on us and it won't happen again. To top it all off, I cooked some the the country style ribs for my husband to have during the week while I was at work. He bit into a piece of a hypodermic needle. He tried to call to tell them and guess what? the number has been disconnected. I would think long and hard before doing business with them. The meat is no better quality or price than what I can purchase locally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sequatchie (Jan '15) 2 hr Jrush 8
Amberly Sitz 11 hr Ummhumm 2
gang stalking 13 hr mountain man 5
Green Chevy Avalanche 18 hr truth 9
Whitwell who??? 19 hr TTH 5
josh caldwell (May '10) Sun Just meeeee 42
the 5 year old dillon boy case? Sun taco 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jasper Mortgages