Mack Reeves for Mayor

Mack Reeves for Mayor

Posted in the Jasper Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MackforMayor

Jasper, TN

#1 Dec 9, 2011
All we got from John Graham is a property tax increase and a vote on wheel tax..Im supporting Mack Reeves for County Mayor Dont forget Judge Rusty Graham is Johns Brother
Just saying

United States

#2 Dec 13, 2011
I am for Mack Reeves all the way!! I have known his family my entire life and I think he would fo a GREAT job!! VOTE FOR MACK REEVES!!!!
SouthsideMan

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Dec 13, 2011
Mack Reeves really!!!! He does a half-a$$ed job at the job he has with the school system and he doesn't have the intelligence or the personality to represent the county in front of anybody. He talks to parents and students like they are dirt. Do I think they raised property taxes too much...yes, but last time I checked the finance committee were the ones who made that decision, not the County Mayor. John has made some mistakes since he took office but I think he is a far better choice than Mack Reeves.
Devin Hodge

Trenton, GA

#4 Dec 14, 2011
Southsideboy, I just spoke with him last week on some issues I had and he was very respectful as normal. He always answers his phone even when he is off to help. If you think parents that decide to keep their kids out of school for just whatever and become truant do not deserve some tough love,, youre nuts. He is firm fair and a good worker. The only people I think I have ever heard of him being strict with are the ones who are loser parents that chose to not send their kids to school. I will vote for him.
Anonymous

Trenton, GA

#5 Dec 14, 2011
just try finding him when he is supposed to be working....just try calling his phone....as a matter of fact, the county could save lots of money if they put a tracker on him and paid him for actual hours worked. Talk to some of the people who sat in on the fiance committee meetings with him while he stabbed the Juvenile Court workers in the back after going out to eat lunch with them day after day. Talk to some of the other commissioners to find out what kind of person he really is. The problem with people like him is always that they want to cut someone other than themselves. You don't hear him asking for a salary cut do you? No, he will only be for lining his own pocket.
Doubtful

Columbia, SC

#6 Dec 17, 2011
SouthsideMan wrote:
Mack Reeves really!!!! He does a half-a$$ed job at the job he has with the school system and he doesn't have the intelligence or the personality to represent the county in front of anybody. He talks to parents and students like they are dirt. Do I think they raised property taxes too much...yes, but last time I checked the finance committee were the ones who made that decision, not the County Mayor. John has made some mistakes since he took office but I think he is a far better choice than Mack Reeves.
. I am in total agreement with you concerning Mack. He is lazy and milks the school system for every unearned dollar he can.
Satanas

United States

#7 Dec 28, 2011
Concerning Mack Reeves, have no issue with the man, HOWEVER I know of a girl whom's father was dying with brain cancer, and was helping her mother take care of him in his last days, he took the mother to court because she missed school and she was almost put in foster care. Pretty crappy if you ask me. on both parts, especially with a man on his death bed and about to loose his daughter, and the mother didnnt seem to be in good shape either as she had a breathing machine...And I know this to be fact because I was in the court room at the old juvie hall building dealing with an issue between my son and another child.
After that day, my respect for him dropped.
I vote 2

Jasper, TN

#8 Dec 28, 2011
MarionVoter wrote:
just try finding him when he is supposed to be working....just try calling his phone....as a matter of fact, the county could save lots of money if they put a tracker on him and paid him for actual hours worked. Talk to some of the people who sat in on the fiance committee meetings with him while he stabbed the Juvenile Court workers in the back after going out to eat lunch with them day after day. Talk to some of the other commissioners to find out what kind of person he really is. The problem with people like him is always that they want to cut someone other than themselves. You don't hear him asking for a salary cut do you? No, he will only be for lining his own pocket.
Who are you talking about John or Mack I think you are Talking about John
NOMACK

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2012
Mack was a teacher when I was in school. Only thing I remember about him was he liked to feel up the 8thweek grade girls. Saw this with my own eyes too.
lwao

United States

#10 Jan 15, 2012
Mack is in it for Mack!!! He is a back stabbed. He only punishes who he wants too. But he will answer his phone If he doesn't know your number or thinks you can help his cause.
jack from sp

Jasper, TN

#11 Jan 17, 2012
Be real the man for the job is John Graham....and your right he's not the reason for the tax increase...thank your commisioners
everyone always wants to blame an office holder for everything
especially when there is a tax increase..
marionvoter

Trenton, GA

#12 Jan 18, 2012
check all the surrounding counties tax rate before you blame John Graham. Fact is we have been way behind for years. Instead of increasing a little each year, they drag their feet and when it happens, it is a huge increase. Info is available online for each county.
homer

Spencer, NC

#13 Jan 18, 2012
marionvoter wrote:
check all the surrounding counties tax rate before you blame John Graham. Fact is we have been way behind for years. Instead of increasing a little each year, they drag their feet and when it happens, it is a huge increase. Info is available online for each county.
Couldn't have said it myself and John Graham would be another slacker just like the rest.
tax n them wheels

Detroit, MI

#14 Jan 19, 2012
So which one of these running for mayor is against the wheel tax????
resident

United States

#15 Jan 19, 2012
I thought Melanie Kirkendoll was over attendance? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Gary Ellis

United States

#16 Jan 26, 2012
I, Gary Ellis am the only candidate I see actually leading the battle against the wheel tax between the 3 candidates.
Gary Ellis

Cleveland, TN

#17 Jan 26, 2012
Pretty much this same commission with the exception of John Graham, didn't bat an eye when the state went up 33% on our property taxes 2 years ago. While other counties fought against this increase and won. It appears to me, they're attempting to raise this revenue in order to pay for their mal-investments (which isn't the proper role of government to begin with) and their self appointed benefits and wage increases. One thing is for sure about a bully government, they will continue to take and take as long as the people will give. This $50 wheel tax may not seem like much to many people, but to many more, it is needed funds to feed their family or life sustaining medication. This also creates a new tax for the government to increase at their whim.
ANYONE else

United States

#18 Feb 5, 2012
Apparently our only three choices are:
John Graham - would like to know what he has done while in office INSTEAD of what he is going to do.
Mack Reeves - who hasn't had a problem with him? I had to take a day off work because he cited my 3.9 GPA student for inattendance when he had excuses for every day missed and some of the days were for school-related activities (college search, etc.)
Gary Ellis - isn't this the guy with the mullet?
Is this the best our county has to offer?
ANYONE else

United States

#19 Feb 5, 2012
Apparently we only have three choices:
John Graham - Would like to know what he has done INSTEAD of what he is going to do.
Mack Reeves - Who hasn't had a problem with him? As a law-abiding citizen, I had to take time off work because he cited my 3.9 GPA student with excessive abscenses. Excuses had been turned in for each absence (4) and two other absences were for school-related functions.
Gary Ellis - Isn't this the guy with the mullet?
Is this the best our county has to offer?
ANYONE else

Little Valley, NY

#20 Feb 5, 2012
Sorry guys. My computer is so slow I thought my first post didn't go through so I did it again....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly Morrison and Steven O'Neil getting divirced 21 min Holly ONeal 14
Derek tucker (Aug '15) 16 hr Tucker 15
Corrupt Marion County Justice System 18 hr Dontgetcaughtupin... 15
Gray Mazda 19 hr Nbridge 1
Tonya Brown 21 hr Found 3
Need name Tue Mayberight 12
Justin "Gus" Dagnan Tue Haha 2

Jasper Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jasper Mortgages