Charlie

Ashburn, VA

#84757 Jun 20, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Intelligence Contractors Omitted From Whistleblower Protections."
Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federa...
no one likes you!
Wow

United States

#84758 Jun 20, 2013
your spellcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
The first word of a sentence is capitalized.
well who gives a sh!t? Does that make the statement any less there, oa ?
Gordon

Livingston, TN

#84759 Jun 20, 2013
Republicans hate ,Labor,Women,Children Education,and LOVE Tax Cuts for the Very Rich

: Eric Cantor will propose Federal Law that Ends Overtime Pay for hourly workers

Gordon
Republicans hate ,Labor,Women,Children Education,and LOVE Tax Cuts for the Very Rich

Not to worry. The loyal republican sheep will be willing to swallow this like...

Even more stupidity: And here we are thinking ACORN was dead. The stupid ass ...

Speaking of ACORN... did you catch the report on that scumbag fake video hitman James O'Keefe... having to pay One Hundred Thousand Dollar settlement with the Acorn employee he made look like he was helping set up prostitution.... when the guy (IT WAS PROVEN) actually went to he police and reported the whole thing immediately after O'Keefe left... and it got the guy fired?

He sued. O'Keefe paid him One Hundred Thousand dollars rather than go through discovery and a trial:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/jame ...

Prove yet again that everything a ConRepub believes is just all bullshit.

Sarge

Even more stupidity: And here we are thinking ACORN was dead. The stupid ass Republicscam clowns need to keep their idiot based aware of the threat of dead horses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Subject: Eric Cantor will propose Federal Law that Ends Overtime Pay for hourly workers

Daily Kos: Eric Cantor will propose Federal Law that Ends Overtime Pay for hourly workers

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/25/1189 ...
hogurs

Mckeesport, PA

#84760 Jun 20, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……… Getting Lucky again
Bush wants the job

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#84761 Jun 20, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You politicize everything, I bet you politicize your toothpaste, it has to be liberal toothpaste.
Kind of hypocritical coming from a man (whose son is quite wealthy) who refuses to eat a recipe that suggests adding a liberal amount of butter.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#84762 Jun 20, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"'Spanking For Jesus' Movement Lets God-Fearing Husbands Feel Good About Punishing Their Wives."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/19/spankin...
Linda you did it now........you stirred up a hornets nest of every "Bible Thumping" male to start spanking you.
With you over their lap of course.
Only after they spank you will they start spanking their wifes.....I mean wife.
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#84763 Jun 20, 2013
Hey wrote:
What amazes me is how new posters pop up out of nowhere and carry on as if they know everything about what's been said, for like forever, and pretend they just arrived. And you know damn well that's BS.
Didn't you read where "vet" posted that there are 40 to 60 people reading this thread at all times? If "vet" said it, it must be true right? Of course he was trying to justify the judge-it's running in the teens. What "amazes" me is that when "willie" is "out of town" 59 of those "readers" stop judging. ;)
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#84764 Jun 20, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
I may be wrong, but I doubt Jesus looks highly on people who rub their wealth in other's faces.
"Again I say to you it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"
Joey

Aurora, NE

#84765 Jun 20, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda you did it now........you stirred up a hornets nest of every "Bible Thumping" male to start spanking you.
i want someone to spank me!
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#84766 Jun 20, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda you did it now........you stirred up a hornets nest of every "Bible Thumping" male to start spanking you.
In Sharia Law in Islam it is not only permissible to have a multitude of wives, but to beat them as well.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#84767 Jun 20, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Fact ? Lets have the figures. All wars combined .....since when ? Costs ? Lets have the costs posted versus the taxes generated.
Let's have those "facts".
Yes, I stand in awe at your vast knowledge and stand corrected.

Cigarette smoking is not only healthy for the human body - but for all those in the immediate vicinity as well. In fact, as soon as a child is born, he/she should have cigarette smoke pumped into his/her crib as they sleep.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#84768 Jun 20, 2013
Russia Publicly humiliates Obama

Moscow said Wednesday it cannot welcome U.S. President Barack Obama's proposal of cutting Russian and U.S. strategic nuclear arsenals up to a third.

"This means (Obama) either doesn't understand the essence (of the problem), or he openly lies, or he is deeply unprofessional," Deputy Prime Minster Dmitry Rogozin told reporters.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2013/06/20/2941s77...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#84769 Jun 20, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well OT, based on what you stated in your post, I called up my dad and simply asked him about what you posted. I am sort of proud of my father because he is 82 years old and was mowing hay when I called. He still does about 90% of what he has always done.
Anyway, I digress. He stated in his own way of stating things that income is not important. He said what you keep is more important than what you sell tobacco for. He also stated that it depends on what type of tobacco you are growing and how you cure it. I have no idea what he means by this. I am certainly no expert on this matter. Anyway, he said in our area, Burley tobacco was the predominant tobacco grown. I am assuming you know what that is because I don't.
He also stated that tobacco is a lot more labor intensive and a lot more costly than raising cattle. He also stated that tobacco didn't have a market price. He said you had to negotiate the price with the buyer directly during every sale. He stated in some years, he would have a great crop and great yield, but the buyers would collude together and finagle a low price to all tobacco farmers. He said negotiating was just as important as farming when it came to tobacco farming. He said he quit growing tobacco because there were fewer places to sell it and he could profit just as much doing something else.
He said that currently, beef prices are very high. He also said that the price for hay is very high in drought stricken areas. That is what he is doing and he says his farming profits are at an all time high, and that he doesn't have to spend a whole lot of time raising cattle and growing hay. Anyway, that is his two cents.
He said one little tidbit at the end of our conversation that I found interesting. He said that a lot of U.S. grown tobacco is exported. I never knew that. His statement regarding tobacco production outsourcing was quite simple. His answer to that was if there is a 40% or higher tax on cigarettes, less people are going to demand tobacco. He stated that is why cigarette manufacturers import tobacco. He said before the taxes were so high, U.S. cigarette manufacturers would never import tobacco due to quality and complexity.
Anyway, I realize this is simply my father's opinion and his sole experience. Yours may be different. He seems a lot happier and less stressed now so I am guessing everything worked out for him. He also said the going rate for corn is about $6.00 per bushel and that is close to a high point for corn.
There is a lot to digest here "Pete". First, your dad and grandpa both raised tobacco, you were born and raised in East Tn. and your dad is 82.
Well, somehow I was under the impression that you were a much younger man. Based on your father's age, you aren't that many years behind me, and I know of no kid raised around here (including mine) who had a parent or grandparent, let alone both that raised tobacco and doesn't know what kind of tobacco was predominant in the area, how it was cured or what it brought per pound and per acre. That would include kids born way after you. I began picking up broken leaf in the fields as soon as I could walk, and the highlight of the year for every farm kid in East Tn. was the day our tobacco sold at the warehouse.
My final crop under the program which DID guarantee a base price, averaged two dollars and a penny a pound. The average yield for an acre of tobacco is 2,000 pounds of cured leaf. The yield of an acre of corn in E.Tn. in an average year, 90 bushels, the average fall price per bushel around four dollars. You and the other posters can do the math.
The loss of tobacco farming to cheap foreign labor markets has destroyed small farming in this area and taken with it a way of life. In that process, not a single life was saved, but big tobacco got exactly what they wanted. That's nothing new in today's America, and based on this thread, big business has a lot of you to thank for chreeleading them on.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#84770 Jun 20, 2013
Yet another example of liberal lunacy. Liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

The New York City Council is trying to ban using ‘race, gender, or age’ to ID suspects to prevent 'profiling'.

Cops might as well wear blindfolds.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cops_say_n...

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#84771 Jun 20, 2013
Founders Quote of the Day

Wow! How prophetic and, considering the ill-conceived 17th Amendment, this prediction is even more valid.

"Those gentlemen, who will be elected senators, will fix themselves in the federal town, and become citizens of that town more than of your state."

--George Mason, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#84772 Jun 20, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I stand in awe at your vast knowledge and stand corrected.
Cigarette smoking is not only healthy for the human body - but for all those in the immediate vicinity as well. In fact, as soon as a child is born, he/she should have cigarette smoke pumped into his/her crib as they sleep.
What's the matter ? Couldn't you find the facts to back up your post and this is the result ?
Why am I not surprised ????

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#84773 Jun 20, 2013
72 killed in Boston

BOSTON

Army units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and... law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.

The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily." Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition.

However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans. During a tense standoff in Lexington 's town park, Army Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes.

The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the Army units.

Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.

... And this, people, is how the American Revolution began .

April 20, 1775

We should never forget the lessons history teaches us. Citizen ownership of Firearms are a big reason the USA has survived this long.
Johnnie

Kansas City, MO

#84774 Jun 20, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
72 killed in Boston
BOSTON
Army units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and... law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.
Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.
The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.
One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily." Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition.
However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans. During a tense standoff in Lexington 's town park, Army Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes.
The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.
Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the Army units.
Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.
Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.
... And this, people, is how the American Revolution began .
April 20, 1775
We should never forget the lessons history teaches us. Citizen ownership of Firearms are a big reason the USA has survived this long.
You have a link to this?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#84775 Jun 20, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy howdy: I will say this for you, you adapt at spinning what I just said. Just like a liberal---spin it and make me look like I said something wrong------NOT::::; I don't care if she is from a poor family or if she is using tax money to get it done. Medicaid does this all the time. You party is the party of death panels and with your sec of health condemning this little girl to death is proof. You are such a whore to the US system of government. Liberal
Changed your mind (I wasn't sure you had one)? I asked you about government healthcare (Medicaid) should be used to keep this kid (from a poor family ACCORDING TO YOU) alive....and your answer wasn't no but H*ll no.

The reason why the HHS Secretary denied the request for this kid to et an adult lung transplant was because doing so would violate FEDERAL law. Perhaps you can get your representatives in congress to take time out from repealing Obamacare for the 39th time and change that law. I'm all for it being changed....then again, I'm all for helping pay for this kid to get life saving healthcare, even if it costs me a few more bucks.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#84776 Jun 20, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What's the matter ? Couldn't you find the facts to back up your post and this is the result ?
Why am I not surprised ????
I was referring to U.S. War deaths - not sure about Pete, he may have been too.

OK.

FACT: Total U.S. battlefield and 'other' deaths from 117 - present: 1,321,612 souls.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_mi...

FACT: In the U.S. alone, there are 443,000 deaths every year from smoking cigarettes.

Source:

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fa...

So, in less than 3 YEARS more people will die from cigarette smoke - than have died in ALL wars the U.S. has been involved in 237 years.

FACT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amber skiles 15 hr Blake McCormick 2
black girls vs white girls 22 hr swole 3
what about them marion county girls (Sep '10) Thu JasperNurse 56
Softball pitching Lessons (Mar '13) Wed curious 7
Wayne Jordan for cheif Wed stupid is as stup... 5
Looking for men Wed stupid is as stup... 5
Swingers Mar 2 Jack 11
Jasper Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web