Perkins Logistics and specialized tra...

Perkins Logistics and specialized transportation lease scam

Posted in the Jasper Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hinze

Saint Charles, MO

#1 Dec 17, 2010
Perkins lease commercial vehicles to C.D. L. drivers and in turn dispatches freight, to the drivers. then takes deductions from the driverís settlements which in most cases leave the driver owing the company money each week resulting in the driver having no pay, this goes on and on for months until the drivers quit. They then release the same trucks and it starts all over again.

In addition to what have previously mentioned, They take money out of the drivers maintenance escrow accounts and then will replace the money over and over again. When a driver leaves their employ they are rarely refunded the escrow money (another source of income covered up). Several others are they mark up parts sold to driver for repairs at their maintenance facility and add undisclosed fees to the deductions from the drivers settlements.

They only dispatch freight other carriers would not take and the freight in most cases will cost you more to haul than is paid. They will threaten you with a bad DAC report if you fail to do as you are told. You will be told you were in a hole owing the company money from the previous week and will receive no pay for your work.(The company store scam). You are told you must pay taxes on the money paid the truck even though you were never paid a dime. This also known as Debt bondage, a practice used by many lease scams.
These crooks need to be investigated!
Bill

Saint Charles, MO

#2 Dec 20, 2010
Those crooks riped me off $2400.00 lie and cheat
Carlisle

Saint Charles, MO

#3 Dec 21, 2010
I worked there for two months and in that time ruining very hard I never got paid. They should be forced by law to pay all the drivers they ripped off, I can't believe these people are getting away with this scam and nothing is being done.
Kbar

Saint Charles, MO

#4 Dec 25, 2010
I heard Perkins was being sued and is getting ready to shut down anybody know?
Brain

Saint Charles, MO

#5 Dec 26, 2010
I heard a that they are milking the company as much as they can before they bankrupt it, thats why all their drivers are complaining about not getting paid and most of the drivers will tell you that they have not been paid for weeks and even longer. I would leave after I din't get my first check.
Perkinsfriend

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2010
You are full of it. I find it funny that all the people are posting from Eugene, OR, yet Perkins doesn't hire drivers from Oregon. Sounds like a personal agenda against a good company. I wouldn't believe a word he says, whoever you are. They are all lies anyway. Perkins is not bankrupt and their doors are not closing. Go find another company to post lies about.
Hinze wrote:
Perkins lease commercial vehicles to C.D. L. drivers and in turn dispatches freight, to the drivers. then takes deductions from the driverís settlements which in most cases leave the driver owing the company money each week resulting in the driver having no pay, this goes on and on for months until the drivers quit. They then release the same trucks and it starts all over again.
In addition to what have previously mentioned, They take money out of the drivers maintenance escrow accounts and then will replace the money over and over again. When a driver leaves their employ they are rarely refunded the escrow money (another source of income covered up). Several others are they mark up parts sold to driver for repairs at their maintenance facility and add undisclosed fees to the deductions from the drivers settlements.
They only dispatch freight other carriers would not take and the freight in most cases will cost you more to haul than is paid. They will threaten you with a bad DAC report if you fail to do as you are told. You will be told you were in a hole owing the company money from the previous week and will receive no pay for your work.(The company store scam). You are told you must pay taxes on the money paid the truck even though you were never paid a dime. This also known as Debt bondage, a practice used by many lease scams.
These crooks need to be investigated!
Jimmy Joe Knoxville Tn

Jasper, IN

#7 Dec 27, 2010
Amen Brother!!!I have drove there 16 years and have never had to worry about my check not being good. some people always have to blame somebody else for their inabilities.I have seen a few people come there with a company driver mentality and fail because as soon as they get that first big check, they think they are rich and have to go home and spend it!!! anytime you get into the owner operator business, you have to use good business sense! Perkins has helped many drivers get into the business and be sucessfull. all you have to do is LISTEN AND LEARN!!! I did, my truck is paid for and I do just great working there maybe you should spend as much time doing the same instead of just bashing companies that you worked for because you cant run a business
Tammy

Saint Charles, MO

#8 Dec 27, 2010
Thats bull 100s of people are being scammed by Perkins I know many of them they are a joke, maybe you are thinking of a company not run by Andy rip off Card. The Card Perkins are a scam. You will not make a dime there and the turn over rate is 98% what does that tell you? Hundreds of people think they are a scam! must be some truth there.
Homer P

Saint Charles, MO

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Perkins is a rip off everyone knows it I don't who that other guy is but he must have worked there before they started the scam. Nobody gets paid at Perkins they are crooks
Mongol Man

La Jolla, CA

#10 Jan 11, 2011
Homer P wrote:
Perkins is a rip off everyone knows it I don't who that other guy is but he must have worked there before they started the scam. Nobody gets paid at Perkins they are crooks
No way you can be so stupid. All your postings are from Eugene Or.
Perkins Logistics

Saint Charles, MO

#11 Jan 12, 2011
Perkins are crooks $.056 per mile rip off they must be living in 1941 paying these rates!
truckers wife

Queensbury, NY

#12 Feb 17, 2011
My husband worked for Perkins in Noblesville, Ind. for 6 weeks late 2010 into early 2011. The company was talked up, maling them sound great. He was told he could bring home $1500.00 per week. In the 6 weeks he was there, he received NO pay. Each week he was in the red. They play games. The shut your fuel card off, strand you. Give you a rough time about wanting to go home and refuse to dispatch you once you're home. I say stay away. When he guit, the payroll dept. told him he owed them for orientation $1000.00. What orientation, he didn't learn anything. The company has electtonic logs. Did you know that the trucks would shut off, if you went over your hours? How safe is that? Take my advice, if you want to lose your shirt, home, car or anything you owe on. STAY AWAY.
Been There Done That

Denver, CO

#13 Mar 20, 2011
Lies, Lies, and more Lies..Is what Perkins business Ethics rely on....... O NEXT WEEK YOU'LL GET A CHECK!!! Yeah heard those words to many times. After 2 months and that was it! I had it with those scramming crooks. Of course I never received my escrow money. SOme how the truck mysteriously needed $5895.12 worth of repairs. BULLSHIT! Thiefs!!
truck drivers wife in-TN

Cunningham, KY

#14 Jun 4, 2011
question for NY wife....my husband is a potential canidate to drive for perkins. after seeing all these posts we are realy wondering about it, and would like more info about what has happened, or any other info about the situation. so we can decide what to do. thankyou.
truckers wife wrote:
My husband worked for Perkins in Noblesville, Ind. for 6 weeks late 2010 into early 2011. The company was talked up, maling them sound great. He was told he could bring home $1500.00 per week. In the 6 weeks he was there, he received NO pay. Each week he was in the red. They play games. The shut your fuel card off, strand you. Give you a rough time about wanting to go home and refuse to dispatch you once you're home. I say stay away. When he guit, the payroll dept. told him he owed them for orientation $1000.00. What orientation, he didn't learn anything. The company has electtonic logs. Did you know that the trucks would shut off, if you went over your hours? How safe is that? Take my advice, if you want to lose your shirt, home, car or anything you owe on. STAY AWAY.
truck drivers wife in-TN

Trenton, TN

#15 Jun 25, 2011
uummm...somthings wierd...first time i looked at this most of these was from oregon...now it says they all from winston salem nc...whats up...didnt change the txt that responded to the driver from "eugene" oregon(mongol man &perkins friend)...the ones that were for the company and the ones with questions dont think changed.
Perkins Scam

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Sep 12, 2011
Trust me they are a scam check it out and stay away!
POed turcker wife

Mocksville, NC

#17 Oct 17, 2011
I am from NC so that there is no confusion. My husband worked for them for 6 weeks. He did ok at first though nothing near the money they said they would make. Then when he didn't get a check he started looking for a new job as we had agreed. He let them know he would be quitting when he found a new job. On the next pay day they told him he was missing paper work he had already turned in. A girl said she would work on it and see if they would fax the paper work. I ended up googeling the name of the company he delivered to and he called them. after waiting a week for these people to do their job my husband and I got it done in 15 minutes. They faxed it and they said they couldn't scan it into their own system. Then there was no one there to look over the truck when he went to turn it in. A week later he was called by a guy who said they owed him $2200. 3 days after that they told him they were charging him $2000 for orientation. We are getting a lawyer as we have the proof that they owed him money on his voice mail and he signed his contract under false pretenses. STAY AWAY FROM PERKINS!!
Perkins is on its way out

Erwin, TN

#18 Mar 9, 2012
Perkins is on its way out, thank God these crooks are going down check it out in Land Line Magazine on line!
djtnt

Lafayette, LA

#19 May 2, 2012
Jimmy Joe Knoxville Tn wrote:
Amen Brother!!!I have drove there 16 years and have never had to worry about my check not being good. some people always have to blame somebody else for their inabilities.I have seen a few people come there with a company driver mentality and fail because as soon as they get that first big check, they think they are rich and have to go home and spend it!!! anytime you get into the owner operator business, you have to use good business sense! Perkins has helped many drivers get into the business and be sucessfull. all you have to do is LISTEN AND LEARN!!! I did, my truck is paid for and I do just great working there maybe you should spend as much time doing the same instead of just bashing companies that you worked for because you cant run a business
ok Mr Jimmy, do you have a good number far the office in Noblesville,Indiana, my husband had to step away from trucking and when he went in to sign his papers he was supposed to get back 4,000 yes he keep calling and even talk to the man as you would say, he always gave him the run around so if you have a number I would like your 4,000 that we are intitle to... thanks for reading
djtnt

Lafayette, LA

#20 May 2, 2012
OK Mr. Dick we would love to have our money... and is there anybody out there that is filing a civil suit against them, please let me know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tarah Sage Sat Just wondering 3
Girl at Hucks Aug 17 Molly C 2
Divorce without kids Aug 13 Dude 1
Looking for some release. Aug 11 Paul Bunion 18
Daddy looking Aug 11 Paul Bunion 6
Looking to rent a room Aug 7 Renter 3
are we here sid (Aug '11) Aug 4 George 3

Jasper Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance