Assistant police chief charged with DUI

Assistant police chief charged with DUI

There are 10 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Sep 17, 2008, titled Assistant police chief charged with DUI. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Jasper's assistant police chief has been charged with drunken driving. Indiana State Police arrested 41-year-old Jeff R. Carie on Monday after a trooper noticed his pickup truck speeding and going left of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Retired

Glasgow, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2008
We must set the example, and hold ourselves
to a higher standard, and if we break the law, then pay the price because we aren't any better then those we serve. That doesn't mean he looses his job, but it could mean less responsibility, such as a demotion.

Retired, or perhaps just tired...
Jason

Greenfield, IN

#2 Sep 17, 2008
Retired wrote:
to a higher standard, and if we break the law, then pay the price because we aren't any better then those we serve. That doesn't mean he looses his job, but it could mean less responsibility, such as a demotion.
Your absolutely right sir, and thank you for your public service! Grab a six pack and a fishing pole, enjoy your retirement!!
Really

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Sep 17, 2008
As someone who lived in the community for twenty years, worked with law enforcement there, and know these individuals, I am surprised it has even been reported or an arrest made. This is typical of the above the law attitude in not only this Department, but even the State Police, and local politicians. They consider themselves to be God-like and do as they please. In Jeffs case he is smarter than this, and more honest than most. The Officer who pulled him over and made the arrest had better watch his back, he has not made any friends. Its also possible somebody was waiting for him to be stupid and has capitalized on Jeffs mistake. Its too bad he is decent, most of the people ar nice, but politics in that county is dirty and ruthless all the way up. Just glad I left.
Cheers

Waverly, OH

#4 Sep 17, 2008
Retired wrote:
I will Drink to that...
April602

Springfield, IL

#5 Sep 18, 2008
I know Jeff personally, and he is the most giving, caring Police Officer and friend. We all make mistakes, but only those without making mistakes will cast the first stone...
Spoopy

Jasper, IN

#7 Dec 23, 2008
He arrested me for a DUI i think that is pretty much BS considering he also has done it before, and a question for all the pigs on this blog do you really think that is the first time he has drove drunk. i doubt he got caught the first time he did it. He is a stupid ignorant indavidual who thought he was above the law and should be punished as everybody else but he received a lighter punishment than i have ever seen for an DUI anywhere. im irratye about the whole thing. dubious county politics are some of the dirtiest ive ever seen i aggree with Really!!!! i need to get out.
NIGHTSHIFTindy east

United States

#8 Dec 23, 2008
Spoopy wrote:
He arrested me for a DUI i think that is pretty much BS considering he also has done it before, and a question for all the pigs on this blog do you really think that is the first time he has drove drunk. i doubt he got caught the first time he did it. He is a stupid ignorant indavidual who thought he was above the law and should be punished as everybody else but he received a lighter punishment than i have ever seen for an DUI anywhere. im irratye about the whole thing. dubious county politics are some of the dirtiest ive ever seen i aggree with Really!!!! i need to get out.
We also have
punk thugs with badges here in Marion county,
But most are actually pretty fair and even handed
considering what they have to deal with recently.
I was arrested and convicted of DUI in may 07,
I was a truck driver,NO more,my job gone!
I had a prev.DUI in 1992 and on the 07 arrest
i was in my own vehicle,parked in steet,not running, but keys in ignition w/radio on.
I dont see where punishment fit crime.
I drove for a living as does the officer,I did'nt
have an option for desk duty,and when I am able
to be reinstated in may of 09,I will be lucky
to drive an ice cream truck.AND being good ole
INDIANA i couldnt draw unemployment,should
have been sellin crack. HMMM! maybe then I
can get a hardship license for my new J O B.
sorry folks! just needed to vent, THANKS :]
sheila

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Dec 23, 2008
NIGHTSHIFTindy east wrote:
<quoted text>We also have
i was in my own vehicle,parked in steet,not running, but keys in ignition w/radio on.
Yup! Vent all you wish, you have the right. A lot of cops become too overzealous when in pursuit of drunk drivers. At one time some communities were actually giving awards to the officer with the most DUI arrests. Now does that not open a really big window for abuses or does it not? I found all about that first-hand a few years back. The lies were so overblown that the case was thrown out. Still cost a bundle to have it dismissed but the cop went right on with his "Goal". I'm not saying all who are in law enforcemnet are bad, most are dedicated professionals, but a few bad apples spoil the barrel for all the good ones. This guy was a real dodo, you know the type...put on the badge, puff up the chest, strap on the gun and get in the cruiser and presto... it's instant status and not a thing really done to deserve it.
anon

Manassas, VA

#10 Dec 27, 2008
NIGHTSHIFTindy east wrote:
<quoted text>We also have
hey NIGHTSHIFTindy east? Wouldn't be easier to maybe not drink and then get into your vehicle like a dumbass? Quit bitching because you broke the law, endangered other motorists and then had the f-ing nerve to do it again years later. Grow up!
theresa

United States

#11 Apr 15, 2009
He got what he deserves, cops are no different than the rest of us

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Versteel hiring any info Thu Hunter 1
Kyle Meyer Jul 29 course 1
Jeffrey Lawless "Theif" Jul 16 FROSTIE 1
jamie hatfield Jul '15 stillwaiting 1
News Farina Family On Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Nov '06) Jun '15 Hore hater 13
Jasper Memorial Hospital Housekeeping Jun '15 lisa 1
Johnna Nelson Jun '15 hmmm 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jasper Mortgages