Childers Auctions-My Experience

Childers Auctions-My Experience

Posted in the Jasper Forum

Since: Sep 12

Woodstock, GA

#1 Sep 29, 2012
Catch up on all the current news about the Childers' brothers on Blairsville Topix.

Greg and Chris Childers, auctioneers, Blairsville and Jasper, Ga
A personal experience/PLEASE BEWARE OF SELLING OR BUYING FROM THESE MEN
9-27-2012
I first met with both Greg Childers and Chris Childers in late May, 2012 and do to my difficult financial times; I was in need of selling my collections and other miscellaneous items. I signed a contract with Greg Childers that evening stating that I would get 70% and he would get 30% payable 10 days after the auction.
I had asked if I could be paid in cash and Greg Childers stated that he could pay some at 10 days post-auction and the rest in two weeks.
The auction was held June 16, 2012 in Tate, Ga. And it grossed more than $20,000.00. My share was to be $14,250.00.
When the 10 days were up I called to make arrangements to get my first installment. There was no reply for several days. Finally on or around July 2, 2012 Greg Childers agreed to meet me in Jasper, Ga. He paid me $4000.00 and stated that the balance would be paid by the 14th or 16th of July.
When this did not happen, I began calling and got no response. On July 21, 2012 I began texting Greg Childers and his brother Chris Childers, who was at every meeting, assisted in the auction and listed the auction on his own website and I believe that Chris is complicit in this.
On July 23, 2012, I received a text stating that the check was mailed. I never received it so I texted Greg Childers again and filed a complaint with the Pickens County Sherriff’s office.
On Thursday, August 16, 2012 I received a call from a Detective Sergeant in Pickens County who stated the he had spoken with Greg Childers and that he was told that I had requested installments which I explained was totally false. Greg Childers stated that he would pay me the balance of $7,250.00 the week of August 19-25, 2012 which did not happen.
On August 19, 2012 I received a check for $3000.00 dated August 17, 2012 with a note saying “rest the weekend”. Don’t know if I was supposed to rest or if I would get the rest, but I didn’t get any more money.
On August 25 & 26 I went to Blairsville, Ga, to try and locate Greg Childers address so that I could take Greg Childers to court. After 2 days I was able to find it at 675 Earney Rd, Blairsville, Ga. 30512.
On August 28, 2012 I received a text from Greg Childers stating “you will get your check on the 10th. Full payment.” It is now September 27 with no money.
I believe that both Greg Childers and his brother Chris Childers have used my money for their own purposes and are not to be trusted.

Jim Williams, willdiv@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr griffis May 10 firedup04 7
Water Park (Mar '14) Apr '15 rock and roll 101 12
padgett family (Feb '13) Apr '15 Stormy Weather 3
News Hammer-wielding girlfriend arrested Mar '15 Who Was Minister 2
anybody but Craig in 2016!!!! Mar '15 Stormy Weather 6
Advice on neighbors annoying dog (Jan '10) Mar '15 welcome to hll 13
News Border Collie puppies stolen (Nov '12) Mar '15 keeps on givin 5
More from around the web

Jasper People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE