Police cite 15 more York College stud...

Police cite 15 more York College students

There are 39 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Police cite 15 more York College students. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

For the second weekend in a row, York City Police cited York College students with drinking, harassment and nuisance-related crimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 18, 2008
They should move the college kids into the Y so they can drink in public without penalty.

Picture is proof:
http://www.hitechyork.com/liberalism/beergart...
Oscar

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Sep 18, 2008
Or put spot a pots / beer taps around York College. The beer college kids drink is p*ss anyway, so who's to tell the difference? They won't urinate in public and they won't be consuming alcohol in public either!

“The Horse Stops Here”

Since: May 08

Littlestown,Pa

#3 Sep 18, 2008
Computer Steve wrote:
They should move the college kids into the Y so they can drink in public without penalty.
Picture is proof:
http://www.hitechyork.com/liberalism/beergart...
They are poor blacks not college kids with money lol
Heidi Hills

Riverside, NJ

#4 Sep 18, 2008
WOO HOO! Another victory for the York City Police. I'm glad to see they arrested some more of those albino porch monkies. Let's forget about shot spotter cameras and the thugs in york city. We need to contnue arresting these college kids and keep racking in the dough! The ploice need to lay up for a few weeks though and give the college students a false sense of securtiy about partying. Then they should stike without warning and bring in the big bucks. They should target the freshmen so they can pay the fines, transfer, and then more freshman come in and repeat the cycle. Better yet lets reap property tax from college students renting houses to pay for education they won;t use. I say York Police need to rule with an Iron Fist.
holier then Thou

Stewartstown, PA

#5 Sep 18, 2008
thank goodness no one ever drank while in college.. this must be a new thing.. and Heidi.. way to call people names! shows the maturity..im impressed!

(im not serious for all those morons who dont understand sarcasm)
Ridiculous

Taylor, PA

#6 Sep 18, 2008
I understand having someone's name in the paper and including a story about an assault, or other misdemeanors or felonies.

But an underage possession charge? We might as well start listing people who speed or run stoplights - the fines are about equal.
come on

Knoxville, IA

#7 Sep 18, 2008
It is great that the York police have nothing better to do than arrest college students. I do not condone underage drinking but come on it goes on at all colleges. With all the shootings, robberies, etc this is all they have to do.
Amos and Randy

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Sep 18, 2008
Petty bull&hit.
Good Lord

Schenectady, NY

#9 Sep 18, 2008
What an absolute waste of time. With the exception of the assault, all of those arrests are petty and frivolous. The City should be trying to attract college kids, not turning them off by arresting them for petty acts.

Two years ago, people were getting mugged on the streets in broad daylight on at least a weekly basis. Where were these patrols then?
York Sucks

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Sep 18, 2008
Lets get more college kids. Who cares about finding that guy that killed the Cuthrell kid on queen st. Way to go YCP underage posseion instead of a murder charge!
Hot Wire

York, PA

#11 Sep 18, 2008
He!! tell them to move to Stewartstown their they wouldn't need to worry about the drinking because the Mickey Mouse Patrol (aka) Police I think their police not total sure what you would call them WAST comes to mind. Could care less
get outta here

York, PA

#12 Sep 18, 2008
I want all of the kids caught and given fines or jail time. These assholes think they can do whatever they want to. I hate them all, the cops let these guys go all the time. if ur not gonna catch kid killers in the city u might as well do something
what was it

Bainbridge, PA

#13 Sep 18, 2008
Good Lord wrote:
What an absolute waste of time. With the exception of the assault, all of those arrests are petty and frivolous. The City should be trying to attract college kids, not turning them off by arresting them for petty acts.
Two years ago, people were getting mugged on the streets in broad daylight on at least a weekly basis. Where were these patrols then?
i agree with some of this but people are forgetting that these same individuals may get behind the wheel of a car and kill someone. would that make more of an impact on some people. does someone need to get killed because these guys chose to drink and drive....stop giving the police a hard time about this...if they didn't do this type of bust and someone was killed by one of these individuals drinking and driving the police would still catch grief over it because than they wouldn't be doing there job....give me a break...crime is crime no matter how petty some may seem
Whiz Spotters

Pottstown, PA

#14 Sep 18, 2008
Not one mention of drinking and driving in the article. They were in their backyards. Still against the law. Julius Caesar was arrested for underage drinking in 82 BC while attending the University of Rome. I do think it is much better to arrest college students, rather than drug dealing brothers. The dealers will take care of themselves by shooting each other. Keep up the good work YCP. They must have installed "voiding human excretion spotters" (better known as piSS spotters) in the York College area. Special grant money from Gov. Fast Eddie Rendell.
unreal

Riverside, NJ

#15 Sep 18, 2008
I do not believe one of the incidents included a DUI. All of these college kids live with a ten minute walk over to Jackson or live on Jackson. They are pulling money into the city enough as it is, now we are going to give them citations for doing what every other college kid in America does( maybe not every college kid but cmon). The fact of the matter is someone needs to step up and help this cause because there are far worse things going on around here and to devote 6 cops or whatever to constantly be walking around and harassing college kids is ridiculous.
CONFUSED

United States

#16 Sep 18, 2008
Maybe its just me.. but I was for some reason under the impression that York City has a few unsolved murders this year.. So that gets put aside now to go pick fights with college kids and "arrest" them for peeing??? Are you serious? I hope everyone in the area is sleeping better at night, knowing their lawns are so well protected.. How about your kids? I saw way too many articles in the paper about child molesters and rapers for someone to be getting "arrested" over peeing. How many of us went to college and NEVER drank? If this is the real point of focus, maybe the money would have been better spent on a "PEESPOTTER" instead of the "SHOTSPOTTER", difference is the "PEESPOTTER" camera goes off at the sound of any zipper going down within 4 blocks, this way we know for sure who is the creeping urinater.
deniqua

Jacksonville, NC

#17 Sep 18, 2008
What a joke! I can't believe these cops are arresting people for relieving themselves. I'm sure they weren't shaking it in other people's faces. Why don't these cops go after the real criminals?
heh

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Sep 19, 2008
CONFUSED wrote:
Maybe its just me.. but I was for some reason under the impression that York City has a few unsolved murders this year.. So that gets put aside now to go pick fights with college kids and "arrest" them for peeing??? Are you serious? I hope everyone in the area is sleeping better at night, knowing their lawns are so well protected.. How about your kids? I saw way too many articles in the paper about child molesters and rapers for someone to be getting "arrested" over peeing. How many of us went to college and NEVER drank? If this is the real point of focus, maybe the money would have been better spent on a "PEESPOTTER" instead of the "SHOTSPOTTER", difference is the "PEESPOTTER" camera goes off at the sound of any zipper going down within 4 blocks, this way we know for sure who is the creeping urinater.
IF that's the case then Brenner would have a LOT of these things installed around city hall....
Kelly

York, PA

#20 Sep 19, 2008
come on wrote:
It is great that the York police have nothing better to do than arrest college students. I do not condone underage drinking but come on it goes on at all colleges. With all the shootings, robberies, etc this is all they have to do.
It's all about the money.
That drives our courts, police, and the entire 'justice' system.

If the county can't sqeeze more money out of people, they wouldn't care.

I went to college in Philadelphia. The police have serious crimes to worry about. One time we were in a 7-11 minimart with cups of beer from a frat party on a Sturday night.

Two huge Philly policemen came in for coffee.
They made us chug our beer to get rid of it.
Then they laughed and went on their way.
Kevin

Mill Hall, PA

#21 Sep 19, 2008
What you people fail to realize is what really makes the Police enforce these laws. The community in that area complains.....period!!! It is same way in all college towns........go down to Towson, the community in that area is in an uproar about all the kids moving into the area and partying and causing disturbances. So what should the Police do??? Tell the community to just live with it..........not!!!!!!!!!! Also have any of you ever had to go inform parents in the middle of the night that their child has been killed while drinking and driving or been hit by a vehicle and killed because they were intoxicated and walked into the path of a car. I have its not a pleasant experience!!!!
If any of you owned a business in that area and kids were pissing in the alleyway behind your business or in your backyard would you not want the police to do something about it????
Most police give the kids a break first time they get called to loud party or whatever, problem is that majority of time warnings are not heeded and enforcement then is only alternative.

You all act like this is the only thing the Police do.........most of the street level officers do not have their heart into this type of enforcement but like I said the community demands action and the Police Protect and Serve communities!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarrettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cockroach Problem Aug '17 Chess1458 1
News Nine charged with distributing heroin in Harfor... Apr '17 noobieR 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Bill Grimes-Wyatt 20
News Bel Air veterinarian, Harford Farm Fair co-foun... (Feb '17) Feb '17 jim fielder 1
Auto Showcase of Bel Air SCAM ARTIST CROOKS (Dec '16) Dec '16 NicEl 1
News Harford exec wants to get rid of county-owned p... (Aug '16) Aug '16 noobieR 1
News Record snowfall, changing climate raise questio... (Jan '16) Jun '16 ha ha ha 2

Jarrettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jarrettsville Mortgages