Echoes of Sparrows Point -

There are 4 comments on the Aug 25, 2007, Baltimore Sun story titled Echoes of Sparrows Point -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

There's something of a literary renaissance going on in southeastern Baltimore County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Mark

Washington, DC

#1 Aug 25, 2007
I would like to see some stories done on the East Baltimore hood. Sure the place is now pure scum, but things are changing with the JHH Biotech and other happenings but most dont know the history of that area when the the large 3 story rowhomes were occupied by the cities wealthier residents. It would be interesting to read how a wealthy community is reduced to squalor and crime.
CINDY B

Baltimore, MD

#2 Aug 25, 2007
I'd like to get a copy of the book Growing up in Dundalk. Where is it available?
bob staab

AOL

#3 Aug 26, 2007
CINDY B wrote:
I'd like to get a copy of the book Growing up in Dundalk. Where is it available?
Growing Up In Dundalk
Precious Memories
By Bob Staab
“Growing Up In Dundalk” is 361 pages of Dundalk nostalgia with numerous Dundalk stories and over 800 photographs of both the Dundalk and Sparrows Point areas from the forties, fifties, sixties and beyond. The book is perfect bound with a laminated cover on large 8 ˝” x 11” pages. The book consists of twelve chapters plus a section on biographical sketches of Dundalk people. Three chapters are devoted to the Steel Bowl football years between 1945 and 1973.
Total cost for the book is $ 27.50, which includes sales tax and a
$ 3.00 donation to the Dundalk-Patapsco Neck Historical Society. Shipping cost, if necessary, would be an additional $ 3.50 for mailing and handling.
Books are available at the Dundalk Historical Society, 4 Center Place, Dundalk, Maryland. They are also available from the author at Email: Bstaab13@aol.com. Mail checks payable to Bob Staab and send to Growing Up In Dundalk at 1930 Robinwood Road, Dundalk, Maryland 21222.
Remembering when

AOL

#4 Aug 28, 2007
I lived in Dundalk for 7 years as a child. I attended the Grey Manor Elementary School. When I turned 10 years my parents moved our family to White Marsh. My dad worked his entire life at the steel mill. He retired at the age of 65.
My parents often spoke kindly of the closeness of the old neighborhood. The year we moved away was 1960. All I can remember is lots of row houses and the Sanbury Drug Store. Our mother would take us there and we wi=ould sit at the soda counter and drink a Coke out of a cone shaped cup. I remember my 5th grade teachers name was Mr. Mick. I would think he has retired from teaching by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarrettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Bend Elementary - North Harford Middle - ... (Oct '10) Thu BirdsOfAFeather 3
Being pee on during sex Nov '14 Hotandsexy 1
Sexting Nov '14 Hotandsexy 1
Review: Wilson's Corner LLC (Sep '14) Sep '14 anonymous 1
Dog running loose (Aug '14) Aug '14 JMDi32 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Jon SpellMAN 16
News John Archer principal leaves school, parents st... (Mar '12) Jun '14 concerned parent 2
More from around the web

Jarrettsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]