College tuition costs are just part of the challenge for illegal immigrants

Nov 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Janesville Gazette

A change in state law means they have to pay out-of-state tuition, even though they grew up here.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
sxx

Janesville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Good about time
JUANs ISP

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

My goodness!!!!!
name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Why should they even be allowed to go to school when hiring them is illegal? When I enrolled in college I needed a SSN. What's going on in this country?

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

"A change in state law means they have to pay out-of-state tuition, even though they grew up here. They are illegal immigrants."

Even thou they have been hiding out here most of their lives, because they are illegal aliens.

These people should not be worried about College tuition costs, they should be worried about being deported.

"It's all they know, whether it be Madison or Janesville or whatever. They pretty much are American," said Javier Neira."

Pretty much, is that like almost, pretty close, but no cigar?

That must mean that i'am pretty much Angelina Jolie's husband. Hell we both live in the same country, she's a women and i'am a man, we both speak English, she's pretty much my wife, right? Who needs it to be legal?

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

The problem with the dream act:

"It discriminates against children of legal immigrants. Under the law, for example, high school graduates under age 30 who were brought to the country illegally before age 16 would have access to in-state tuition, publicly funded student loans and a green card. But foreign-born high school graduates in those same age groups who were brought into the country legally wouldn't quality for these invaluable benefits. The DREAM Act benefits illegal immigrants only."

"The age range is too broad. Because of the generous qualifying age range of before 16 and up to 30 years old, an estimated 2 million adult illegal immigrants would qualify immediately for green cards under the DREAM Act, according to the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute -- twice as many as normally are given out in a single year. Opponents call this unacceptable "sneak amnesty."

"To be sure, the DREAM Act does fulfill one dream -- the dream of colleges and universities for more Hispanic students. Last winter the powerful Hispanic Association of College and Universities urged passage of the act, saying that it not only would send a positive message to Latinos, but would also help colleges qualify for a new $1 billion U.S. Department of Education fund aimed exclusively at Hispanic-serving institutions.

To apply, colleges need to document that 25 percent of their students are Hispanic. The DREAM Act would be a rich source of such students."

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/08/opinion-wha...

“www.GordonWayneW atts.com !”

Since: Sep 06

Lakeland, Florida, USA, Earth!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

If you want to keep it OK for college students (and make it easier to find a place for illegals that want to become 'legal'), then help save higher ed:

http://wh.gov/jU8

Sign my petition -- it's short & easy, and if lazy Americans can't even help me reach the 150 signatures necessary to save my petition in the archives permanently in The Whitehouse archives like the Evolution one here, we deserve what we get:

--> note THIS 'expired' petition: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions #!/petition/promote-enforce-te aching-evolution-over-creation ism/H4HkDs0B It was created Sept 24, 2011, well over a month ago, but since it reached over 150 siggy's it is imortalised and still listed on The Whitehouse website -- So, what's the point?

THIS other petition that did NOT get 150 signatures in 30 days was deleted: http://wh.gov/24m -- it simply said that her petition was expired -- Who KNOWS what it was?

So, what's the bottom line?

ANSWER: Sign petition, http://wh.gov/jU8

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Janesville Discussions

Search the Janesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 20 min Tealiban faschists 6,887
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) 21 hr Tealiban faschists 45
Debate: Marijuana - Janesville, WI (Aug '10) Apr 13 Dan Lawrence 23
Police: Beloit homicide suspect from Janesville (Oct '10) Apr 8 Janesville 32
Right-wing destroying Wisconsin's proud history Apr 3 Jaimie 5
michaela horseley- kent (Apr '11) Mar 31 worked with you 8
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 87
•••
•••
•••
•••

Janesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Janesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance