Fayetteville couple faces 48 counts o...

Fayetteville couple faces 48 counts of cruelty

There are 96 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jan 19, 2011, titled Fayetteville couple faces 48 counts of cruelty. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A Fayetteville couple will face 48 counts of animal cruelty for allegedly allowing their 24 hound dogs to live in unsanitary conditions that a humane officer described as "horrendous." "This is truly the worst case I've seen in Franklin County in nearly six years of doing this," said Franklin County Humane Police Officer Floyd "Buck" Hessler.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Marine Mom

Chambersburg, PA

#88 Jan 20, 2011
@Cburg1
I guess I'm wondering why you feel it's appropriate to air their family business on topix. Shame on you! Who do u think u are?!? Hope nothing bad ever happens to u!

I did not post anything that wasn't posted previously. I think it would be nice just a few of the people on here would be willing to help clean up the house maybe even get some church groups involved and the Flory's get real help for there emotional issues they can return to their home. The fact that others stated it wasn't the first time their home was in this condition shows the help they needed wasn't there. If someone organizes this and gets the public opinion to publish when I will be there to help.

@Flory's Daughter I'm sure you can figure out who I am. I am very serious about helping to clean up but your mom and dad can't be too proud to get emotional help so it doesn't happen again.
florys daughter

Fayetteville, PA

#89 Jan 20, 2011
all the dogs were licensed except the litter of puppies that were born on christmas eve
florys daughter

Fayetteville, PA

#90 Jan 20, 2011
marine mom please look me up on facebook if you have it and i am on facebook right now please i would like to talk to you in private if possible i am the oldest
Marine Mom

Chambersburg, PA

#91 Jan 20, 2011
Just to clarify I when I said get the PO to publish when that was meant as a way to help people know when so maybe the whole community can help. It would be a shame for the house to go into foreclosure and for this couple to lose their home.
Clarisse

Chambersburg, PA

#93 Jan 20, 2011
florys daughter wrote:
all the dogs were licensed except the litter of puppies that were born on christmas eve
That just pisses me off even more that they were licensed, nosey neighbors that can't mind their own doorstep always have to cause trouble for others.. 48 counts of cruelty is unreal, this warden needs ousted...
huh

Carlisle, PA

#95 Jan 20, 2011
Did someone really say they came and took pictures at the wrong time? This family had 24 dogs living in a fece infested home and a dead dog outside their home. Enough said.
huh

Carlisle, PA

#96 Jan 20, 2011
Also, maybe the show Hoarders would be willing to come help? Not joking.
meagain

Newville, PA

#97 Jan 21, 2011
...that MESS in Waynesboro certainly needs looking into by "those that inforce" especially if they have mentally and physically handicapped people ......bet they are making big bucks!!!!! and TAX FREE!!!! More money to buy dogs.....Oh God, this world is in a MESS.
Need To Know Basis

Carlisle, PA

#98 Jan 21, 2011
@Marine Mom, how can you get the smell of ammonia and feces out of the wall? You can't unless you tear down all the drywall and remove all the insulation, and rip out all the carpet, remove all the furniture. Then spray some kind of germ killer, then get new insulation/drywall/carpet/etc. ...etc....

Like I said I know this people also, and ever since I've known them there house has been like this (except the dog feces and pee), There is no way, anyone could ever relive in that house unless everything was replaced.

Also at the people that are saying this animals weren't neglected, how can you say that? Yes we all know they where well feed and had water, but image this. There's a plate of food on the floor, and next to that plate of food was a pile of feces, and next to that was a puddle of pee, now everyone knows what pee gives off? Ammonia, so now your eatting your food next to a pile of feces, and puddle of ammonia that stinks really bad, and on top of that, all the germs and bacteria, feces is called a hazardous waste for a reason. Now image that through the whole house, would any of you eat your food next to a pile of feces and puddle of pee? If so then you need help. You ppl need to realize its more then just underfed animals, its how they where living, where they slept, where they ate there food.
Need To Know Basis

Carlisle, PA

#99 Jan 21, 2011
What I meant was it's not about underfed animals.
Duh

Gardners, PA

#100 Jan 21, 2011
This is such an unfortunate situation. Should they have had that many dogs? No, of course not. Animal abuse? Yes, but I believe that they really thought they were doing well by the dogs. They're used to living that way, so they probably didn't realize how bad things were. It was a way of life to them (and will continue to be, unfortunately, without help). They themselves were subject to the same conditions the dogs lived in. That just shows that they don't have a realistic view of how to live, and they definitely need some intervention. The house needs to be torn down, no question. The family (all of them, including the older children) needs mental help and I agree that they should not be able to have pets until they get their lives together, and then to have a limit. However, while we have our own opinions about people who live like this - they are people. People without one iota of sense about how to live properly, but people God loves nonetheless. This family is homeless now. How sad.
Need To Know Basis

Carlisle, PA

#101 Jan 21, 2011
This family is not homeless, the father owns a a few trailers, and has moved into one of those.
Disgusted

Salisbury, MD

#103 Jan 23, 2011
My post seems to have disappeared. Offend the wrong person?
Section R

Gardners, PA

#105 Jan 24, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
My post seems to have disappeared. Offend the wrong person?
I complemented you on your post and was happy to see the first volunteer step up to either clean the barn yard out of the house or give them a key to your home. I did ask what "choice" you were going to make. Still interested in what you will do - I'm sure you will not take the easy way out and just be one of those guys that bash the other posters on here.
Disgusted

Salisbury, MD

#106 Feb 2, 2011
Section R wrote:
<quoted text> I complemented you on your post and was happy to see the first volunteer step up to either clean the barn yard out of the house or give them a key to your home. I did ask what "choice" you were going to make. Still interested in what you will do - I'm sure you will not take the easy way out and just be one of those guys that bash the other posters on here.
Direct reply to you, Section R, is a little late, as I do not usually participate in blogs; however, since you made the effort to address me directly, I shall not disappoint you with the lack of an appropriate response. My comment was not specifically addressed to any one person as you should notice, though it was, however, certainly an expression of my feelings toward how I believe we should treat other people. If you took offense, then perhaps it permits you to examine yourself and the underlying reasons for this offense, as I certainly took no pains in singling out your response, or those of anyone for the purpose of "bashing," as you so state. As far as the Flory's are concerned, even though I do not feel much obliged to entertain you with a debate on this issue, I would welcome them in my home, as I have before; and yes, I most certainly would assist in the clean up of the property. As you seem so interested in my personal reply to the specifics of this issue rather than understanding the broader scope of my comment, which was to speak more directly to the cruelties of human words and behaviors toward others, I have no problem stating my own security in the fact that I have always been of the nature to assist those in need with an understanding heart. If you feel you need to attack this with conceit and sarcasm, then you certainly need to follow what makes you feel good about yourself; however, take heed, it is very unbecoming.
Section R

Gardners, PA

#107 Feb 3, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Direct reply to you, Section R, is a little late, as I do not usually participate in blogs; however, since you made the effort to address me directly, I shall not disappoint you with the lack of an appropriate response. My comment was not specifically addressed to any one person as you should notice, though it was, however, certainly an expression of my feelings toward how I believe we should treat other people. If you took offense, then perhaps it permits you to examine yourself and the underlying reasons for this offense, as I certainly took no pains in singling out your response, or those of anyone for the purpose of "bashing," as you so state. As far as the Flory's are concerned, even though I do not feel much obliged to entertain you with a debate on this issue, I would welcome them in my home, as I have before; and yes, I most certainly would assist in the clean up of the property. As you seem so interested in my personal reply to the specifics of this issue rather than understanding the broader scope of my comment, which was to speak more directly to the cruelties of human words and behaviors toward others, I have no problem stating my own security in the fact that I have always been of the nature to assist those in need with an understanding heart. If you feel you need to attack this with conceit and sarcasm, then you certainly need to follow what makes you feel good about yourself; however, take heed, it is very unbecoming.
And you continue down the same path - bashing others comments - but you are not practicing what you preach as they are not living with you and you are not cleaning up the squalor. So who is "unbecoming"? You choose to be cruel with your words in this response and your behavior is absent as again - you have done nothing to help them. P.S. You have not dissapointed or offended me, only made me laugh and I thank you for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Jul 11 Don D 778
Review: I Love Kickboxing Jun '16 Mallory R 3
Review: Christopher Day Real Estate (May '09) Apr '16 N Day 4
ToughLove Intl founder David York (Dec '07) Apr '16 Suzanne Croken 41
Review: Donchez, Gerard P CPA - Gerard P Donche... (Nov '09) Apr '16 Kim Bennett 6
Attempted murder (May '09) Apr '16 john 13
Review: Ophthalmology Physicians - Francis J Cl... (Jun '11) Apr '16 Rebecca 67

Jamison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamison Mortgages