Defense: Clear fleeing biker in NY trooper's death

Jan 14, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Press & Sun-Bulletin

A state appeals court is being asked to overturn the conviction of a Central New York motorcyclist convicted of leading a state trooper on a deadly chase in April 2006.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 21, 2011
lilypad

Canastota, NY

#1 Jan 14, 2009
Why bother having cops? Why bother making Laws? It's really hard work keeping right from wrong. Let's do without the hassle and while we are at it, let's finally do away with all those lawyers, too. No one likes obeying the law, obviously no one cares or respects cops and everyone hates those lawyers, we'd probably all be better off just doing what ever we all wanted to do, let's do away with speed zones, why bother having any laws? We can eradicate what semblance of a society we have left in about 20 years!
slammer

Rochester, NY

#2 Jan 14, 2009
it would be better then trying to make dumb people smart.Lets not forget that the trooper tried to chase a 185 mph motorcycle in a 4 wheel drive blazer.Now that is one less then smart cop .but then again after his fellow officer killed a innocent women on 104 going 145 and having no charges brought against him I can see that most of them are a-holes
whats right

Syracuse, NY

#3 Aug 7, 2010
yea lets make them use common sense,and be held accountable for theyre actions,theyre as bad as the criminals but they get a free pass,

they need faster cars my ass, put them in a 100,000 mile beater like what most of theyre criminals have to drive,

my office doesn't have a/c why should theyres, they always speed,for no reason just to speed,they talk to theyre g/f's on the phone while driving, emergency my ass,

why can they be a cop when they weigh 300#s they aint running nowhere,

for every 1 good cop i can showya 10 bad ones, they a merely revenue agents now and most ofthem are pussies afraid of theyre own shadow,

we can be killed in the line of duty, yea dumbass its called beinga cop wtf did you think youwere applying for it goes with the job

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#4 Aug 8, 2010
the cops have already deleted all the evidence in this case so the public will leave it alone.. Typical above the law losers!!
common sense

Watertown, NY

#5 Feb 20, 2011
I am a retired police officer. Ponder this! What kind of good judgement did this trooper use by pursuing a speeding motorcycle with a 4 wheel drive blazer???? First I question the speed of the motorcycle stated by police! Second, At what point does a Police officer, using common sense, stop pursuing a vehicle,for a traffic ticket that endangers the lives of the general public let alone his own?? Please this trooper used very bad judgment in the performance of his duties. It became an issue where-by this young man lost control of his good judgement and died for it. He became obsessed with capture and punishment instead of common sense!! Sad but true!!
One concerned citizen

AOL

#7 Feb 21, 2011
Whoever convicted this motorcyclist of that charge should be taken out behind the woodshed and severly beaten with a belt. The cop should have known better than to keep on persuing this guy and endangering everyone on the highway in the process!! Serves him right for being a gloryhound and an idiot too!
Let the "biker" go free with an apology from the "GUBNER" of the state at the time!
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Rochester, NY

#8 Feb 21, 2011
Why is it the motorcyclist's fault the cop didnt know how to handle his vehicle at a high speed on a winding hilly country road? It's not like the rider bumped the cop car or rammed him or caused another vehicle to swerve and crash into the cop car.
At what point do the cops figure out they're not gonna catch a guy in a high speed pursuit and continue to endanger the public, themselves and the suspect? Back off. If you got his license plate number, just wait for him to come home and get him then. It's not like this guy was a wanted violent felon, but just a jerkoff who was speeding.

When you play stupid games, you sometimes win stupider prizes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
manlius pebble hill school 4 hr rainy 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Lol 16,781
Buffalo housing program to expand to Rochester (Dec '13) Thu Diamond Daisy 11
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
SRC, Inc. Layoffs Aug 25 fat midget 2
Review: Law Offices Of Kenneth Hiller Pllc (Dec '11) Aug 24 Your lose my gain 19
Nicole E. Absalon (Jan '14) Aug 22 melanie 2
•••
•••
•••

Jamesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jamesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••