North Syracuse Police arrest man for ...

North Syracuse Police arrest man for seventh DWI

There are 4 comments on the The Star News story from Dec 6, 2009, titled North Syracuse Police arrest man for seventh DWI. In it, The Star News reports that:

At about 1:59 a.m. Thursday Dec. 3, North Syracuse Police Officer Jeffrey D. Tripp was on regular duty when he noticed a black pickup truck towing a box trailer without an expiration sticker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star News.

Gouverneur, NY

#1 Dec 7, 2009
How could this be!!! Isn't there a system in place that prevents this sort of thing?

Cedar Rapids, IA

#2 Dec 16, 2009
I hope they put this guy in jail for 10 years and make him share a cell with a big lonely buck......
a friend

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2009
Lou wrote:
I hope they put this guy in jail for 10 years and make him share a cell with a big lonely buck......
It's too bad ignorance can't be cured. How uneducated you must be to think that sharing a cell with a "big lonely buck" is the way to fix a problem. I know Favid and he is a good person who made the mistake of helping out a friend. He was wrong to drink and drive but wouldn't rehab be a better choice than jail rape? It just shows how small minded you really are. I hope someone shows you the same compassion when you screw up.

Boonville, NY

#4 Dec 29, 2009
I think Lou spoke out of anger and I can well understand why. To answer Rogers question, it is a matter of who the judge is. It is up to the judge to decide what is an appropriate punishment. I hope everyone just remembers why let him off when it comes time to vote for who is to be judge.

Our laws are not strong enough, nor are they enforced enough by the legal system. Bolivia has a $50 dollar fine for the first offense and they execute the second offenders. They don't have drunk driving problems. Sweden has a five year prison sentence for first offenders and many other European countries have extremely stiff sentences for drunk drivers. They don't have problems with DUIs either.

Hmmm. Is there a lesson here for us?

As for you a friend, gee I wonder if you would feel the same way if your best friend was killed and his wife had both legs amputated after being hit by a drunk when they were driving home from dinner.

I hate few things in life. Drunk drivers are one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Town justice: 'Emergency doctrine' valid in res... 53 min alexei2001 2
News Doctor on probation for alcohol abuse suspended... 7 hr Bubba 5
Freaky women 9 hr Backdoor_Man 1
News 3 from Syracuse charged in armed robbery 22 hr The club 1
News Syracuse NAACP president: It's time for civilit... Oct 23 BlacksDontMatter 2
Blacks are destroying the city Oct 23 BlacksDontMatter 3
News Air Force colonel charged with rape in central ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Floyd 3

Jamesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamesville Mortgages