Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Federal Court Sets Taser-use Standards
Written by Steven J. DuBord
Saturday, 02 January 2010 14:00

The Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled on December 28 that police officers need sufficient reason to believe a suspect is dangerous before shooting them with a Taser, the San Francisco Chronicle reported on December 29.
continued..........

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnew...

Since: Mar 08

Jamestown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

It is about time. To many taser happy officers. Don't get me wrong, most do a great job but when you have kids and elderly people getting the taser, something is badly wrong with that picture.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Jabber Jaws wrote:
It is about time. To many taser happy officers. Don't get me wrong, most do a great job but when you have kids and elderly people getting the taser, something is badly wrong with that picture.
I agree.

Jamestown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

TrueBlueFire

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Jabber Jaws wrote:
http://www.infowars.com/memphi s-police-to-use-amnesia-like-i njection-in-lieu-of-taser/
Never heard of this before.
Wow! That's a tad scary, isn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Jabber Jaws wrote:
http://www.infowars.com/memphi s-police-to-use-amnesia-like-i njection-in-lieu-of-taser/
Never heard of this before.
It is disgusting.

I have seen newscasts from Russia where this method is used against political protesters. A woman who was interrupting an outdoor speech by Putin was chemically restrained and it was caught on camera. As the U.S. cried foul, the Russians remained unapologetic. "It is for their own safety" say the Rooskies.

You know this will be abused and perverted in short order here in America. And it will get people killed.

Have the police forgotten how to hogtie a madman and take them to an Emergency Room.

Jamestown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

I agree with both of you and I can see a whole lot of problems that can be caused by it. I can see it now, we have the right to deny any medicine etc. but in these situations, I can very easily see someone who is merely upset and venting losing that right. They said the taser was a safe alternative and look at how many have been tasered that shouldn't have and how many have died from it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Use of Taser on Pregnant Woman Not Unconstitutional, Court Rules

Metropolitan News-Enterprise | The Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals yesterday ruled that the Seattle Police Department’s use of a Taser on a pregnant woman, three times, to effect her arrest after she was stopped for a traffic violation, was not unconstitutionally excessive force.
conyinued..........

http://www.infowars.com/use-of-taser-on-pregn...

http://www.metnews.com/articles/2010/broo0329...
dollop

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Cop Cleared By Grand Jury For Tasering Great Grandmother During Speeding Stop

Old woman dared deputy to tase her so he did
Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Thursday, April1st, 2010

An Austin cop was cleared of any wrong doing by a grand jury this week after he tased a 72 year old woman during a routine speeding stop.

The Travis County grand jury declined to indict Deputy Constable Christopher Bieze on a charge of injury to an elderly person, following the incident on May 11, 2009.
Bieze pulled over Kathryn Winkfein on Texas 71, west of Austin, on suspicion of driving 60mph in a 45mph zone.

An internal investigation also concluded that Bieze didn’t violate any county policies and he was not disciplined.

Mrs Winkfein was awarded a $40,000 settlement by Travis County commissioners last October, after she filed a lawsuit seeking $175,000 from the county.
continued..........

http://www.prisonplanet.com/cop-cleared-by-gr...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Lancaster County Man Dies After Being Tasered

State Police Investigating Death

POSTED: 9:27 pm EDT November 6, 2010
UPDATED: 9:43 pm EDT November 6, 2010

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa.-- A Lancaster County man died after being tased by police early Saturday morning.
State police said Robert Neill, Jr., died after he was tased twice and maced.

It happened around 4 a.m. Saturday at Neill's home on the 300 block of Marietta Avenue in the borough of Mount Joy.
Several police departments assisted including Mount Joy Borough Police Department, Susquehanna Regional Police Department and State Police from Ephrata.

According to police, Neill reported to them that he had been harassed by his neighbors. When officers arrived, they said Neill was combative and aggressive.

That is when officers tased him.

Neill died on the way to the hospital.

The State Police Major Case Team is investigating.
article..........

http://www.wgal.com/news/25659485/detail.html

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

West Richland Taser Lawsuit Settled

By Molly Kelleher
Story Published: Apr 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM PDT

WEST RICHLAND -- A Benton City man tased by police and severely injured will now get hundreds of thousands from local agencies.

It's a case KEPR Action News has followed from the beginning and this is a development you're hearing first from KEPR.

The lawsuit has been settled and money is due from the city of West Richland and Benton County.

The man who was tased is speaking for the first time to Action News.

" It's 50,000 volts and I'm 270 pounds. It hit me so hard I go up on my tip toes and fall flat on my head and back," said Mark Clark.

Clark is talking for the first time about the taser incident from four years ago.
"That's the one thing people don't realize is how severe it was. I had a fractured skull and brain hemorrhage and I was in intensive care with a coma," said Clark.

They key to the case was video was taken by a West Richland police officer's dash cam. Mark Clark was drunk at the time, he doesn't argue that.

The video shows cops are telling him to put down his cigarette or be tased.

Then Officer Brian Galusha pulls the trigger, and Mark goes down hard.

No one expected he'd get hurt so badly. Which is why Mark Clark sued. And now all sides have reached a settlement.
Action News has learned Benton County will pay $35,000 because their two sheriff's deputies were the first on the scene. West Richland will pay ten times that. They're on the hook for $350,000. It was a West Richland police officer who was called in for back-up and ultimately pulled the taser trigger. We're told the money should come out of insurance.

The officer who tased Mark Clark will also have to pay but there's no word on that amount.
continued..........

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/119887389.ht...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Man dies after being tasered in Waterbury

Updated: Sunday, 01 May 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 01 May 2011, 11:20 AM EDT

Waterbury, Conn (WTNH)- A man has died after being tasered by police outside Saint Mary's Hospital in Waterbury early Sunday morning.

Around 12:30am, police responded to a report of a man creating a disturbance in the lobby of the Emergency Room at the hospital. The man was taken into custody and placed in the back of a police cruiser.

Police say that while in the back of cruiser, the man continued to be combative, so an officer tasered him. The man then became unresponsive. Attempts were made to resuscitate him at the hospital, but he was pronounced dead a short time later.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/ma...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Tasers, stun guns - are dangerous lethal weapons.

Using one for compliance inducement should be a felony.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

Disabled Man Tasered To Death For Falling Off Bike

Would not stop for cops so they used a stun gun on him

Steve Watson
Infowars.com
November 24, 2011

A 61 year old man from Halifax County, Virginia, was tasered by cops and died Tuesday after they were called to the scene by an onlooker who saw the man fall off his bike in a parking lot and feared he was drunk.

When the police arrived, Roger Anthony was riding away on the bike. Anthony did not respond to the officers’ requests for him to stop so Officer John Turner used a stun gun on him, causing Anthony to once again fall off his bike, reports wral news.

Family members told the press that when Anthony arrived at the local hospital shortly afterwards, he was declared brain dead.
continued..........

http://www.infowars.com/disabled-man-tasered-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Tasers No Longer a Non-Lethal Alternative for Law Enforcement

infowars.com
May 5, 2012

Tasers subject their victims to a 50,000 volt shock followed by 100 microsecond pulses of 1,200 volts. Since 2001, more than 500 people in the United States have died after law enforcement officers used this weapon against them. A study published this week by the American Heart Association’s Circulation Journal confirms that the misuse of a Taser can cause sudden cardiac arrest and death.

In theory, a Taser is intended to serve as a non-lethal method of control for law enforcement officers when they need to physically restrain a dangerous person. But as the new Circulation study demonstrates, Tasers cannot so simply be categorized as “non-lethal.” In addition, there are far too many instances in which officers have impulsively deployed Tasers against children, pregnant women and the mentally ill, even though the victims posed no real danger to either the officers or anyone else.

The new evidence that Tasers can cause cardiac arrest and death, coupled with the disturbing trend of officers using Tasers in flagrantly unnecessary situations, makes it all the more troubling that states do not uniformly or consistently govern or regulate officers’ use of Tasers.

This means that Taser policies vary greatly between police departments, often leading to vague, outdated and inaccurate guidelines that result in misunderstanding about the misuse of these allegedly non-lethal weapons.
continued..........

http://www.infowars.com/tasers-no-longer-a-no...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Cops Taze Woman Into Cardiac Arrest During Traffic Stop: Video

CBS Los Angeles
November 20, 2012

A video taken by the California Highway Patrol may be the first time a camera has captured all of the events leading up to a cardiac arrest following the use of a TASER® electronic control device.
continued..........

http://www.infowars.com/cops-taze-woman-into-...
jill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

As of last year, not one successful lawsuit against taser. Not sure about since then. Sure is safer than breaking bones with baton or having to use deadly force. Just my thoughts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

jill wrote:
As of last year, not one successful lawsuit against taser. Not sure about since then. Sure is safer than breaking bones with baton or having to use deadly force. Just my thoughts.
Umm, you didn't watch the video in post # 16 did you. And I think I would prefer a broken bone to the deadly force of cardiac arrest by taser.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

VIDEO: Woman Brutally Tased By Police For Trying To Buy iPhones

50,000 volt shock for not obeying orders she could not understand

Steve Watson
Infowars.com
Dec 12, 2012

A Chinese woman living in Massachusetts was tased repeatedly by police at a mall after store owners called police when she attempted to buy more than one iPhone as gifts for her family.

WMUR news reports that 44-year-old Xiaojie Li was visiting the mall in Nashua, New Hampshire, last week to buy christmas presents, but ran into trouble at the Apple store.

Li, who cannot speak English very well, was confused when workers refused to allow her to buy more than two iPhones. According to her daughter, Li recorded video of other customers buying multiple iPhones, prompting Apple staff to ask her to leave.

According to Nashua police, the store notified them of the incident and requested a no-trespass order.

When Li returned to the store Tuesday and attempted once more to buy several iPhones, police were called to the scene.

Her daughter told WMUR,“My mom says she doesn’t know why they called the police because she doesn’t understand what they are talking about.”
“The manager of Apple store came and told her something but she doesn’t understand,” the daughter added.

Police claim she then resisted arrest, forcing them to use a taser on her. Onlookers captured the incident on a camera phone. Li can be seen writhing on the ground as the cracking electricity of the taser causes her to scream.
Watch the video:

“My mom’s just really upset because she’s in a different country (and) nobody’s helping her. She doesn’t understand any English,” Li’s daughter said.

Li was charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest, and will appear in court in January.

As we continually note, incidents like this involving police using tasers are occurring everyday, despite the fact that the weapons are designed only to be used as a last resort before lethal action.

It is clear that police are now being trained to use tasers on anyone who does not follow orders or resists them in any fashion. The fact that Li could not understand their orders clearly had no bearing for police in this instance, and may have even exacerbated the situation and made them reach for a taser even sooner.
continued..........

http://www.infowars.com/video-woman-brutally-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

More Than 530 Taser-Related Deaths In U.S. Since 2001

Donna Anderson
Infowars.com
June 21, 2013

Using a taser to immobilize an adult seems like a good idea when you consider the alternative would be to pull out your gun and kill the guy. But over-zealous law enforcement personnel are obviously taking taser-use to extremes. As of April 2013, there have been 538 taser-related deaths in the United States, and some of them have been children.
continued..........

http://www.infowars.com/more-than-530-taser-r...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Jamestown Forum right now

Search the Jamestown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min LOL 140,847
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr Zeke 8,946
TR Record /Overton 4 hr ooklathemok 23
walmart hiring 8 hr WinterRose 1
Joe Carr or Lamar Alexander 8 hr Mechanic_45 14
what a..... 11 hr Just a bystander 2
next register of deeds 19 hr Info 42
Local election thoughts Wed Correct 95
•••