J Elliott

Marietta, GA

#21 Apr 28, 2012
mike wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone out there in Jamestown and anywhere else know that I have lived in Jamestown all my life and have shopped at save a lot every since it has been there.Today I went there and shopped and was going to pay with a check.Now to remind you I spend on average 50.00-75.00 every time I go in there and every one knows me and my wife.We recently changed banks and they give us counter checks.They would not take a check even when we tried to give them our driver license and extra I.D.We have not recieved our debit cards yet and it was after 2:00 and our bank was closed.But we have been going to the store every since it has been here.We have spent cash and checks and we have never had a returned check.I think it was very uncalled for and I will personally never go back.I just wanted you to know what kind of "small town hospitality"this store has.
I agree with you that save a lot sucks, I had also been a regular customer of the save a lot close to my home, until. I went to go in and noticed that they had it fixed were you had to put a quarter in to get a cart out, I tried to over look it, but to me that was the straw that broke the camels back, I normally use a debit card and don't carry change, meaning that I had try and carry all my items in my hands...come on people, just charge a little more for something, don't charge people for a cart...they just lost my business....now I go to publix, I will never spent another dime at Save a lot....and I sure I won't be the only one...
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#22 Apr 28, 2012
There fruit and veg. are good and there meat i would not give to my dog.Barnetts in allardt is the ony place to buy meat
lady in the hills

Jamestown, TN

#23 Apr 28, 2012
JAC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, it seems to me you are getting upset over something small. Many places do this as a precaution, and it is part of their policy. Just because they know who you are doesn't mean they can bend the rules for you. I have never have a check bounce but I understand where they are coming from by not accepting any checks.
Also, just because this is a small town doesn't mean the rules should be bent. That's part of what is wrong here. People here living as if their name was engraved in gold at the top of the clock tower. Welcome to the real world, my friend.
If I read this correctly, it was because they had not recieved checks from the bank and were given counter checks to use until they got thiers. I agree that it was not the right thing to do. A counter check should have been accepted with a drivers license number, phone number, etc. I don't blame her for being upset. I would have been also. Was a manager not present?
lady in the hills

Jamestown, TN

#24 Apr 28, 2012
justsayin wrote:
Rules are rules. If you have a problem talk to management.
Is it a rule that they accept no checks?
local voter

Columbia, SC

#25 May 1, 2012
i will always support sav-alot and kroger that way i dont support china
groucho marxist

Buffalo Valley, TN

#26 May 1, 2012
THIS THREAD IS FOUR YEARS OLD!!!
short stuff

Cookeville, TN

#27 May 1, 2012
i have to say that save a snot. has gotten the big head since they moved in the food lion building every thing is gone up. i mean for real. we don't have much choice gas is to high to drive out of town to shop i wish we could get a kroger or winn dixi here. i took my recipt from save a lot to walmart same shopping list and lot of thing were way higher then walmart. and the meat im sorry i will not buy from save a lot. they have some good people that work there and others that only care bout getting paid.
nearly bald

Jamestown, TN

#29 May 1, 2012
J Elliott wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that save a lot sucks, I had also been a regular customer of the save a lot close to my home, until. I went to go in and noticed that they had it fixed were you had to put a quarter in to get a cart out, I tried to over look it, but to me that was the straw that broke the camels back, I normally use a debit card and don't carry change, meaning that I had try and carry all my items in my hands...come on people, just charge a little more for something, don't charge people for a cart...they just lost my business....now I go to publix, I will never spent another dime at Save a lot....and I sure I won't be the only one...
I've lived here so long that I swear I didn't know stores in big areas away from here were even charging quarters to use a cart! I've never heard of the like! That right there would cut down on business it seems. Nearly as bad as pay toilets. Could be worse. I don't know which would be worse to be honest.
Stray Dog

Byrdstown, TN

#30 May 2, 2012
nearly bald wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lived here so long that I swear I didn't know stores in big areas away from here were even charging quarters to use a cart! I've never heard of the like! That right there would cut down on business it seems. Nearly as bad as pay toilets. Could be worse. I don't know which would be worse to be honest.
Nobody is charging a quarter to use the cart. The quarter is simply a "deposit". Bring the cart back (as you should anyway) and you get your quarter back. It keeps scattered carts off the parking lot and lowers the cost of doing business. In theory, part of the savings are passed on to the consumer. Not a bad idea at all.
Gerry

Cookeville, TN

#31 May 2, 2012
Where is the Save A Lot you have to pay a quarter for a cart? It sure isn't in Jamestown. I shop there a couple times every week and never had to pay a quarter to get a cart. I have also have compared prices Wal Mart and Save A Lot and it depends on the items your buying. To me Save A Lot is much easier to shop and much more friendly than Wal Mart.
Stray Dog

Byrdstown, TN

#32 May 2, 2012
Only store I know of using the quarter system is Aldis, but there may be others around the country. I was just responding to a previous post. I kinda like Save A Lot too, for certain things. Their tater chips are excellent at a reasonable price.
nearly bald

Jamestown, TN

#33 May 2, 2012
Stray Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is charging a quarter to use the cart. The quarter is simply a "deposit". Bring the cart back (as you should anyway) and you get your quarter back. It keeps scattered carts off the parking lot and lowers the cost of doing business. In theory, part of the savings are passed on to the consumer. Not a bad idea at all.
Ah, I got it. I do understand the "carts gone wild" in the parking lot problem. You get that at Walmart too, or any other store. I have always thought people who didn't return carts were just rude people thinking about old self only when they let carts stray and don't return them. What ever happened to peoples' respect for others? Flew out the window I guess. I was at walmart yesterday and saw a cart in the middle of the parking lot with trash piled high in it. Somebody felt the urgent need to clean out their car and couldn't wait to get home.
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#34 May 2, 2012
save a lot down south do not sell meats also they put them in low income areas.
nearly bald

Jamestown, TN

#35 May 2, 2012
woodchuck wrote:
save a lot down south do not sell meats also they put them in low income areas.
I find it interesting how stores conduct business away from here. I remember seeing advertisments in Canada that McDonald's sold mini pizzas there.
Hey-Hi-Hello

Allardt, TN

#36 May 2, 2012
if you can not use these so called checks to go shop at the stores then the bank needs to keep them or come up with something better to use till the real ones come in. you would think that if the bank gives you something it would be good to use. just saying ... ;]
harpo12

Gainesboro, TN

#37 May 10, 2012
not only does he have things happening there also some of the cashiers are just rude beth for one and a girl who works in the tabbocco dept. they are just nasty they should be fired or send for some kind of training
cactus

Cookeville, TN

#38 May 10, 2012
Sheesh, I personally like save-a-lot and like the new store - I just have to learn where everything is. I usually go there for canned goods an bulk type items and buy them by the case, but I am always surprised about how little my total bill comes to. Normally, I shop at Wal-Mart becaue I need items other than groceries.

The best meat around is from the two IGA stores, one in Allardt and one in Clarkrange
clarkrange

Livingston, TN

#39 May 11, 2012
The swaffords store in clarkrange is awful, the swafford boys are rude, need to be a store out this way to run swaffords out of business.
Gerry

Crossville, TN

#40 May 16, 2012
harpo12 wrote:
not only does he have things happening there also some of the cashiers are just rude beth for one and a girl who works in the tabbocco dept. they are just nasty they should be fired or send for some kind of training
Beth is one of the nicest cashiers there, all of them have always been nice to me. You are right about that girl in the tobacco shop that has the tattoos she has a smart mouth on her.
Customer

Jamestown, TN

#41 May 16, 2012
The blond haired girl in the tobacco shop thinks she is too pretty to wait on you. I think she might be a Stults?I'm not for sure, but she sure thinks she's pretty. Someone needs to loan her a mirro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Christians believe in modern science? 7 hr Mechanic_45 175
10 Commandments 16 hr Carbonated Water 18
Debbie Delk 18 hr Rufus 2
Election 19 hr big daddy 71
Inmates arrest records disappearing? 22 hr Charles 7
School Walkout Sat victor 159
just another day in the USA Fri betch ya 267

Jamestown Jobs

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages