Homemade cough syrup

Since: Feb 10

The Swamp

#1 Mar 7, 2010
I would like to see other people's recipe for homemade cough syrup. Give me some ideas. I have my own recipe but I want to try others. Thanks

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 8, 2010
Oh, I clicked on this post because I thought it had a recipe. I was looking forward to learning what you use. Could you please post your recipe Barracuda?
When I was a kid, my mom would give us hot water, honey & moonshine. Whiskey can be substituted for moonshine. Since I don't drink, I never have alcohol available. So the hot water and honey still works, just add lemon juice or peppermints.
Another old country recipe.....drain the juice from a chopped up onion, sprinkle the juice with sugar to help with the taste, let it sit to thicken, and drink.

Thermonuclear Jackhammer

“That Guy Who Made Fun Of You”

Since: Feb 09

Johnson City, TN

#3 Mar 8, 2010
eBay wrote:
Oh, I clicked on this post because I thought it had a recipe. I was looking forward to learning what you use. Could you please post your recipe Barracuda?
When I was a kid, my mom would give us hot water, honey & moonshine. Whiskey can be substituted for moonshine. Since I don't drink, I never have alcohol available. So the hot water and honey still works, just add lemon juice or peppermints.
Another old country recipe.....drain the juice from a chopped up onion, sprinkle the juice with sugar to help with the taste, let it sit to thicken, and drink.
YOU DON'T DRINK?

You goddamn wimpasaurus.

The Swamp

#4 Mar 8, 2010
eBay wrote:
i use moonshine and peppermint candies. You let them melt in it. you could also add honey.

Thermonuclear Jackhammer

Johnson City, TN

#5 Mar 8, 2010
Barracuda5 wrote:
<quoted text>
i use moonshine and pepper-meth candies. You let them melt in it. you could also add honey.
Fixed.

The Swamp

#6 Mar 8, 2010
Thermonuclear Jackhammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Fixed.
WTF R U talking about now????

Thermonuclear Jackhammer

Johnson City, TN

#7 Mar 8, 2010
Barracuda5 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF R U talking about now????
I guess you just stare at my post as is dead lice is falling off your head.

The Swamp

#8 Mar 8, 2010
No I just like to fuel you. Especally when you make no sense.Its so much fun.

Thermonuclear Jackhammer

Johnson City, TN

#9 Mar 8, 2010
Barracuda5 wrote:
No I just like to fuel you. Especally when you make no sense.Its so much fun.
Amazing how you are trying to play me off as "dumb", when you didn't get what I said.
atomic bum

Grimsley, TN

#10 Mar 8, 2010
<quoted text>
Amazing how you are trying to play me off as "dumb", when you didn't get what I said.
you are such a crybaby, it should be jack-aof

The Swamp

#11 Mar 8, 2010
<quoted text>
Amazing how you are trying to play me off as "dumb", when I didn't get what I said.
You know most people don't read what they just wrote, but read what people say about it. Why would I read what I wrote, I know what I said, so why waste time reading it again. And about your smart a** remark. If you would had rewrote it instead of changing my quote then all of this could have been avoided. I don't do meth or any other drugs for that matter.That may be the way you would fix it but I won't. I got alot to live for unlike people who do drugs. I don't know you and don't want to. And you don't know me. I said PEPPERMINTS IN MOONSHINE, IF you know what those are, and I wasn't talking to you about it in the first place. And frankly Thermonuclear Jackhammer, I don't give a dam.

Thermonuclear Jackhammer

Johnson City, TN

#12 Mar 8, 2010
atomic bum wrote:
<quoted text>
you are such a crybaby, it should be jack-aof
I'd ask you to pinpoint anywhere that I sound like a "crybaby" but since there is no logical way you could, I suggest you slam your head into a wall repeatedly until you see black.

I hope when you wake up for school tomorrow the bus you're waiting for has a trailer hitch the size of a mobile home you goddamn [email protected] sack of cottage cheese.

Thermonuclear Jackhammer

Johnson City, TN

#13 Mar 8, 2010
Barracuda5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know most people don't read what they just wrote, but read what people say about it. Why would I read what I wrote, I know what I said, so why waste time reading it again. And about your smart a** remark. If you would had rewrote it instead of changing my quote then all of this could have been avoided. I don't do meth or any other drugs for that matter.That may be the way you would fix it but I won't. I got alot to live for unlike people who do drugs. I don't know you and don't want to. And you don't know me. I said PEPPERMINTS IN MOONSHINE, IF you know what those are, and I wasn't talking to you about it in the first place. And frankly Thermonuclear Jackhammer, I don't give a dam.
One time I saw a bear climb out of the inside of a f@#king tree, it was the craziest thing ever because I don't know how the hell a goddamn bear got inside a tree but I swear to God I saw it and NO, I WASN'T DRINKING AT THE TIME! I had a few beers and shots of whiskey before, but I wasn't drinking at the time. Then the bear started eying my lawn furniture and I knew he was going to try and steal my shit and take it all back to Bear County or wherever so I wrestled him to the ground and hit him with a wooden block that has a key tied to it (I stole it from the local BP).
no way

Columbia, SC

#14 Mar 8, 2010
Barracuda5 wrote:
I would like to see other people's recipe for homemade cough syrup. Give me some ideas. I have my own recipe but I want to try others. Thanks
shine, peppermint & honey. shine, lemon drops & honey. my granny used jack daniels, honey & horehound candy.
Barracuda5

Livingston, TN

#15 Mar 8, 2010
no way wrote:
<quoted text>shine, peppermint & honey. shine, lemon drops & honey. my granny used jack daniels, honey & horehound candy.
I like the sound of that. I'll give them a try. Thankyou.
tnhillbilly

Cosby, TN

#16 Mar 12, 2010
Granny used moonshine,honey,and horehound candy.She also used to make mulberry tea if that didnt break up the congestion.That mulberry tea was bitter but it would work.

“www.tntaxrevolt. org”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17 Mar 12, 2010
Take some moonshine or clear liquor of any kind and pour into a jar of rock candy and add some lemon juice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr (A) rodgers neoghborhood 4 min Ouchy 5
Ray dean absher 8 hr Big Tom 1
Hot 11 hr johnson1 5
James Cox 12 hr Tom 3
Libby Jones 12 hr Tom 5
fentress county has the worst law that has ever... 20 hr Tommy 84
World News Report Sat Smitty 2

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance