lady in the hills

Jamestown, TN

#64 Apr 9, 2009
Panther Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
But will it be pre Tribulation, or post Tribulation. There are two schools of thought on this. Like I said, I don't think any of us have the final answer. I think we will ALL be wrong when it's said and done.
I too, praise GOD. And I'll say again it's pretty moot when the rapture takes place. The thing that both you and me agree on is the fact that Christ is the true son of an awesome God. He came as a baby. He lived amoung people who rejected Him. He was killed by those people. And He was resurrected, and sits by the hand of the Father.
This weekend we celebrate his victory over death and sin for our sakes. Enjoy it! And honor Him. Praise God, and may he bless you and give everyone peace.
Actually it is NOT moot when the rapture will occur. I am thankful to God that I will not be here during the terrible tribulations. I believe we might be here during the first 3 1/2 years of it, but it will be nothing like the ending. I guess I need to study more!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#65 Apr 9, 2009
Panther Hunter,lady in the hills brought out a good point.There are some who believe in mid-tribulation.I again believe in pre-tribulation..
lady in the hills

Jamestown, TN

#66 Apr 9, 2009
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
Panther Hunter,lady in the hills brought out a good point.There are some who believe in mid-tribulation.I again believe in pre-tribulation..
I actually do not believe in mid-tribulation, but there are probably some that will. I believe I will not be here during tribulation.
Panther Hunter

Jamestown, TN

#67 Apr 9, 2009
lady in the hills wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is NOT moot when the rapture will occur. I am thankful to God that I will not be here during the terrible tribulations. I believe we might be here during the first 3 1/2 years of it, but it will be nothing like the ending. I guess I need to study more!
What I meant by "moot" was the fact is that whatever will happen will happen. And I thank God for that.
Those who are true believers will be saved, no matter what. The "devil" is NOT in the details on this one. We are going to be OK, no matter what, if we are true believers of the most HIGH GOD and his SON.
lady in the hills

Jamestown, TN

#68 Apr 11, 2009
Amen, Panther Hunter.
tnhillbilly

Jamestown, TN

#69 Apr 11, 2009
There are many opinions about the rapture and tribulations and if Christians are truly saved and/or born-again why worry when or where you shall go.I dont think God would let a person just lie there until the End comes.Lot of good posts on here and not much arguing which is good.Another subject of controversy is eternal security.I know good people that will argue about that forever.I would hate to think if i were saved that i was doing a sinful deed when that trumpet sounded.Usually people believe in how they were raised and i was raised to think as the Free Will Baptists do about eternal security.Peace to those willing to fight for it.
Bolt Thrower

Jamestown, TN

#70 Apr 11, 2009
Obnoxious wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe that there will not be a rapture. I firmly believe in the end times and that Christ IS coming back. But, I truly believe that we are in this together. Neither the Jews or Christians are spared through out history. I also think that the Jews that have rejected will be condemned. The Book of Revelation says that Christ would come back so that every one wouldn't die, and I'm paraphrasing.
If you read the Bible you will see that there ARE believers who are persecuted through out the tribulation.
Whether we believe in the Rapture or not is moot. I think when it's all said and done, we will all be wrong on a lot of things. None of us will be totally right. The important thing is; Christ came to us as a baby through the ultimate act of love. He lived a sinless life, He died, and rose from the grave. That's something NO man has EVER done. And he sit's at the right hand of an awesome GOD.
When he does come back, he won't be coming as a meek and humble teacher. I do believe that! He'll come as the king that that he is. His justice will right the wrongs of all time. We're in the age of grace right now. But when he comes back, it'll be pay day for all of us.
A lot of you people have read my often stupid and very bad posts. I'll be the first to admit that I can be a jerk. But, I do believe in my God, and his Son. And I promise to be a better example on here.
Yeah you've really lived up to that promise didn't you. You're a horrible liar.
Obnoxious

Jamestown, TN

#71 Apr 13, 2009
Hey Jackass, I never ever once said that I was a perfect person. Did you not see that I fully ADMITTED that I was wrong in some of my posts here? Did I not call myself stupid ? Did I not say that I have made some very bad posts? You pushed the quote button. DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO READ IT?
I know how you are now jackass. You most likely dont believe in anything. And that's totally OK by me. You have to live your life and accept the end result. You may get away with some act of stupidity today. But somewhere down the road , you'll pay for it. Everyone knows what a troubled person you are now. They see your silliness and desperation at trying bolster your own self esteem through being anonymous. Have at it all you want little man. But, the resonsible folk here are beginning to just a little dab of pitty for you, because you are one messed up kid. Anger is the first response. Then thinking people ask why. After that, we see that you are one really troubled soul that is very messed up.
Having said that, patience grows thin and we tend to write you off. As for me, you are a gnat, a buzzing little annoyance to be swatted away and ignored.
Now,as for me;I totally admit my faults. Hey man, I'm a sinner in the third degree. But I have turned all of that over to the most high GOD and his SON. Both you and I are doomed if we don't ask for that forgiveness. And you know what? I ask for forgiveness on everyone on this board for any true slight that I have issued. And that means you. Are you willing to do the same?
Bolt Thrower

Jamestown, TN

#72 Apr 13, 2009
Obnoxious wrote:
Hey Jackass, I never ever once said that I was a perfect person. Did you not see that I fully ADMITTED that I was wrong in some of my posts here? Did I not call myself stupid ? Did I not say that I have made some very bad posts? You pushed the quote button. DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO READ IT?
I know how you are now jackass. You most likely dont believe in anything. And that's totally OK by me. You have to live your life and accept the end result. You may get away with some act of stupidity today. But somewhere down the road , you'll pay for it. Everyone knows what a troubled person you are now. They see your silliness and desperation at trying bolster your own self esteem through being anonymous. Have at it all you want little man. But, the resonsible folk here are beginning to just a little dab of pitty for you, because you are one messed up kid. Anger is the first response. Then thinking people ask why. After that, we see that you are one really troubled soul that is very messed up.
Having said that, patience grows thin and we tend to write you off. As for me, you are a gnat, a buzzing little annoyance to be swatted away and ignored.
Now,as for me;I totally admit my faults. Hey man, I'm a sinner in the third degree. But I have turned all of that over to the most high GOD and his SON. Both you and I are doomed if we don't ask for that forgiveness. And you know what? I ask for forgiveness on everyone on this board for any true slight that I have issued. And that means you. Are you willing to do the same?
You are the last person who should ever give religious comments. It's not about being "perfect." It's claiming "I will change my actions on the forums from now on" and the go into another thread call someone a "Jackass" and the degrade them. Then when I call you out on you lying about "changing your tone" on here you want to hide behind the lame excuse "I'm not perfect!"

There's a difference between being imperfect and flat out lying. You could be in control of your post, but you're not. Which is why myself and others think you're full of shit.
lady in the hills

Jamestown, TN

#73 Apr 18, 2009
tnhillbilly wrote:
There are many opinions about the rapture and tribulations and if Christians are truly saved and/or born-again why worry when or where you shall go.I dont think God would let a person just lie there until the End comes.Lot of good posts on here and not much arguing which is good.Another subject of controversy is eternal security.I know good people that will argue about that forever.I would hate to think if i were saved that i was doing a sinful deed when that trumpet sounded.Usually people believe in how they were raised and i was raised to think as the Free Will Baptists do about eternal security.Peace to those willing to fight for it.
Worry because the saved as well as the unsaved will be held accountable for thier sins of comission or omission. We will answer for the things we did after becoming a christian but will not go to hell. Our rewards in heaven dipend on this.

Location hidden

#74 Apr 18, 2009
lady in the hills wrote:
<quoted text>Worry because the saved as well as the unsaved will be held accountable for thier sins of comission or omission. We will answer for the things we did after becoming a christian but will not go to hell. Our rewards in heaven dipend on this.
So very right.
tnhillbilly

Jamestown, TN

#75 Apr 18, 2009
lady in the hills wrote:
<quoted text>Worry because the saved as well as the unsaved will be held accountable for thier sins of comission or omission. We will answer for the things we did after becoming a christian but will not go to hell. Our rewards in heaven dipend on this.
So if i were messing with another woman besides my wife and a Christian man was too then one goes to Heaven and the other to Hell?Why did Jesus say go and sin no more instead of go and sin and I will take care of it?As far as getting to Heaven if i can get there i dont care where the Lord puts me!Personally speaking If i work out my salvation with fear and trembling i dont want to look back.I wonder how many people have let the devil use that as an excuse to just sin and God will take care of it.The road is narrow and few shall enter in.Why do you think God put those words in the Bible?Peace to those willing to fight for it.
committed for life

Jamestown, TN

#76 Apr 18, 2009
well i don't believe in this becouse i was raised that when someone dies they go to sleep and when god comes back everyone will rise and then be judged i am not ditching on anyone we all have our ways that we see things this is mine. thank you
Max

Jamestown, TN

#77 Apr 18, 2009
committed for life wrote:
well i don't believe in this becouse i was raised that when someone dies they go to sleep and when god comes back everyone will rise and then be judged i am not ditching on anyone we all have our ways that we see things this is mine. thank you
When we die our body stays asleep and our spirit goes to live with God. When Jesus returns our bodies will rise to meet him. Our spirits will reunite with our bodies and in an instance we will receive our new and perfect bodies and live on the new earth with Jesus.
committed for life

Jamestown, TN

#78 Apr 22, 2009
Max wrote:
<quoted text>When we die our body stays asleep and our spirit goes to live with God. When Jesus returns our bodies will rise to meet him. Our spirits will reunite with our bodies and in an instance we will receive our new and perfect bodies and live on the new earth with Jesus.
i still think that when we die and when jesus wakes us up we are judged them and not before i might be wrong and i will think this way and i am sorry but this is how i think about this and i will think this way and i don't want to offened anyone but we have our ways that we feel is the way i just feel this way is right for me. thank you
the truth

Clinton, IA

#79 Apr 24, 2009
1st thessalonian4:13-17 is always used for the "rapture" doctrine. But it is misunderstood. It is mistranslated and taken out of context. Read 2nd thess.2:1-12. Read EZK.13:18 God is against those who teach his children to fly away. I could go very, very deep on this subject and break it down to the hebrew and greek, but I won't. There is so many verses that disproves the rapture.

Location hidden

#80 Apr 24, 2009
the truth wrote:
1st thessalonian4:13-17 is always used for the "rapture" doctrine. But it is misunderstood. It is mistranslated and taken out of context. Read 2nd thess.2:1-12. Read EZK.13:18 God is against those who teach his children to fly away. I could go very, very deep on this subject and break it down to the hebrew and greek, but I won't. There is so many verses that disproves the rapture.
You are truly the first person I have come across that is not atheist or agnostic that has come up with that view.I do not at all agree with you and neither do most of the theologians of the past or present.
New Man

Raleigh, NC

#81 Apr 24, 2009
It would be a shame to dwell on escatology and completely miss Christ. Amillinialism and mid trib are the prominet views in history of the church. Pre trib started being widely taught in the early 1800's according to several scholars.

The jews serach for a sign and the greeks wisdom and neither will get either but the sign of Jonas is all that will be given. People dedicate their lives to the study of escatology and for what? Maybe they want to know the day or the hour. Many books are dedicateed to the facts or fiction of these terms in escatology for what? Christ said He was coming back and that is good enough for me. I for one believe it. I don't look on the news and compare writ with the evening news. He said it I believe it and now I patiently wait for His arrival.

As for the comments on sins of omission and sins of comission if Christ didn not die for all sin what are we going to do? An Infinite Holy God will only accept the purest of all sacrifices and if Christ did not accomplish atonement then we are in trouble.

Atonement means:

exchange

a) of the business of money changers, exchanging equivalent values

2) adjustment of a difference, reconciliation, restoration to favour

a) in the NT of the restoration of the favour of God to sinners that repent and put their trust in the expiatory death of Christ

If we have the ability to overshadow the Holy Blood of Christ in the eyes of God then we ourselves must be individuals of gret magnitude and merit. Just some food for thought. Don't belittle an infinite sacrifice with the thought that it will not be enough to cover all when it surely is. I know that this was probably not meant in that way but oh what a fire that tongue can kindle.
truth

Clinton, IA

#82 Apr 24, 2009
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly the first person I have come across that is not atheist or agnostic that has come up with that view.I do not at all agree with you and neither do most of the theologians of the past or present.
Whatch Shepherds Chapel, or visit their website. There is thousands who do not believe in the rapture. It is a man made lie. If you believe in rapture, you will be decieved by Antichrist who comes at the 6th trump, Christ does not come till the 7th trump. That is why it is important you don't believe the lie and be decieved. The early church fathers NEVER believed in the rapture. It did not even exist at that time. Do research on it. Darby, Mcdonald, Schofield. They all had a role in it.
New Man

Raleigh, NC

#83 Apr 24, 2009
Schofield was the one that made dispensatioalism a hot topic for sure. I do not believe in the that we will be raptured out of the trib I believe we will go through it, but I have a hard time believing a man that has announced that he knows when Christ will come back not once but twice and then just blows it off and does not bring it up (Arnold Murray). He does have quite a following. Paul said follow me as I follow Christ not follow me into truths that can only be understood by reading and teaching about ideas of men. I believe Herbert Armstrong was influential with Murray or maybe just some of his ideas.

Armstrong believed that Israel was split and Ephraim and Mannasah were the settled english speaking of Britain and America. But Paul said he that is a jew is not one which is outwardly but he which is one inwardly. This means that it is not a physical ancestry that matters but the spiritual seed that was promised Abram. Through Isaac shall thy seed be called. Just as Isaac was not due to Abram or Sarai's effort neither is God's Eternal electing Grace. So this takes the physical ancestry out of the purpose.

Murray claims that Adam had relations with Satan when referring to the taking of the "fruit" but this is not the meaning of this fruit in this particular passage one must read in context. There was fruit on all the other trees why is there a difference between this fruit and the fruit that was taken. there was apparently something on the tree of life {Christ} that could have been partaken of. To completely change the contextual meaning is beyond me.

This is the possible meanings but must be looked at incontext of scripture:

1) fruit

a) fruit, produce (of the ground)

b) fruit, offspring, children, progeny (of the womb)

c) fruit (of actions)(fig.)

Murray missed this one completely I fear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was FBI wrong on North Korea? Sony Hack... 24 min dollop 4
Shock! Obama Issues Over 1000 Executive Orders 2 hr dollop 6
Truth, Finally. Obama is a Marxist-Muslim (Aug '12) 5 hr dollop 193
Barack Obama has embraced ‘the agenda of Islam... 7 hr dollop 1
Black on White Crime (Aug '12) 8 hr dollop 158
Atheists Believe in God 8 hr dollop 1
Crazed Fake Cop On Road... video 8 hr dollop 1
Jamestown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web