How to handle a Two-Faced friend.

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Confused

Allardt, TN

#1 Jul 13, 2008
I have this person who I thought was my friend. Lately I caught her lying on me and to my face she acts like a friend. She goes between people telling different stories and tries to start trouble. I care about her and wish she would stop. Should I just cut our friendship or should I try to talk to her?
Love to Laugh

Columbia, SC

#2 Jul 13, 2008
I have been their confront her.it will get worse if you don't trust me.

Since: Mar 08

Jamestown

#3 Jul 13, 2008
Talking from experience, I would run the other way as fast as I could. People like that usually don't change, you can't trust them and will do nothing but cause problems in your life.
just blowing off steam

Rowesville, SC

#4 Jul 13, 2008
Sounds to me that your so-called friend has a problem with knowing how to be a friend. Friends don't go around telling lies on the people who care about her. Talk to her and tell her how you feel. If she is any kind of friend she will stop telling lies. If she keeps telling them and trying to start trouble, then you need to put some distance between you.With friends like that you sore don't need any enemies.
Love to Laugh

Columbia, SC

#5 Jul 13, 2008
I would let her know that you know but the person who had done this to me it took me a year to find out that she was telling lies on me.Now its been eight months of (hell)lies to other people trying to get people to hate me because i found out.She was ever trying to put stuff in my spouses head about me.She wasnt a friend she was ...I still don't know what to call her but evil.

Jamestown

#6 Jul 13, 2008
Love to Laugh just backed up what I said, they will cause you nothing but problems and the quicker you get away, the better.

“Heritage Not Hate”

Since: Feb 08

Jamestown

#7 Jul 13, 2008
Is a two-faced friend really even a friend at all?
Foe

Cosby, TN

#8 Jul 13, 2008
Friend is the wrong word. Get them out of your life. for good. true friends don't back stab you!
Topic Cop

Saluda, SC

#9 Jul 13, 2008
I say loose them because you will find out that your life is much better and could even turn out a little less stressful if you do loose them as a friend. I know mine sure did. And I have found some really wonderful new friends that are very dear to me.
Topic Cop

Saluda, SC

#10 Jul 13, 2008
Oh and at the same time I feel that you should also confront this person and let them be aware of why your friendship is ending. (Of course that is only my opinion you do what you feel is right.)
Love to Laugh

Columbia, SC

#11 Jul 13, 2008
How can you stop them from talking shit about you ? Is that something you will have to just let people see for themselves like when she burns them to?

Jamestown

#12 Jul 13, 2008
Love to Laugh wrote:
How can you stop them from talking shit about you ? Is that something you will have to just let people see for themselves like when she burns them to?
You basically can't. Once you get completely away from them then it will eventually die down or at least that is the experience I have had. As for the second question, if you are friends with someone they are friends with, I would be careful. As for the lies, you have to rebut that with your character and let people see that you aren't the way she says.
he said she said

Cosby, TN

#13 Jul 13, 2008
It shouldn't matter what people say about you, as long as you know what and who you are. People are always going to spread rumors and talk about each other. Just look at topix.

Your actions will speak for their self. And action speaks louder than words in the long run.
mad-max

Allardt, TN

#14 Jul 13, 2008
I had a so called friend like that i told him if he did;t stop i would whipp his ass .that was a year ago .everything stoped i don;t speak to him if i meet him in a store everything a ok now.
gina

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 13, 2008
Confused wrote:
I have this person who I thought was my friend. Lately I caught her lying on me and to my face she acts like a friend. She goes between people telling different stories and tries to start trouble. I care about her and wish she would stop. Should I just cut our friendship or should I try to talk to her?
not sure what you should do--you see i have no friends not quite sure why always give too much but are friends suppose to act like this?
LOL

Norway, SC

#16 Jul 13, 2008
Maybe you are the one that is 2 faced, and telling all the lies instead of your friend.If the shoe fits wear it!!!!!!!!!!
funny haha

Cosby, TN

#17 Jul 13, 2008
Why would you have to ask people on a public forum how to deal with a personal problem. How old are you, aren't you mature enough to solve this yourself. Or maybe you are hoping the person that you feel like has two-ed you will get on here and know it's you, and maybe get something started? Do you like DRAMA????
Confused

Allardt, TN

#18 Jul 13, 2008
LOL wrote:
Maybe you are the one that is 2 faced, and telling all the lies instead of your friend.If the shoe fits wear it!!!!!!!!!!
There is no reason for comments like that. This is a serious forum question, not meant for haters or those who are trying to create anger or more hate.
Confused

Allardt, TN

#19 Jul 13, 2008
To the serious and adults, I want to talk to her, because I loved her like a sister. And I respected her. This is't about shoe sizes, this is about a person, who I thought I knew, who I thought of as family. I am hurt, but I agree it is time to walk away from it. A real friend would not lie, cheat or be two-faced they would be a friend in the end.
I never lied on her nor was I ever two-faced. I stood by her threw bad relationships, deaths in her family and all I could.
Confused

Allardt, TN

#20 Jul 13, 2008
funny haha wrote:
Why would you have to ask people on a public forum how to deal with a personal problem. How old are you, aren't you mature enough to solve this yourself. Or maybe you are hoping the person that you feel like has two-ed you will get on here and know it's you, and maybe get something started? Do you like DRAMA????
Not worth a response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug bust!!!! 2 hr Green Hornet 007 14
Looking for a church (Sep '15) 3 hr johnson1 28
Christians, Earth is not 6,000 years old and in... Sat What- me worry 277
Next sherriff Sat county resident 13
Looking for Steve Taylor Sat Susie Q 1
south fentress teacher Sat friend 1
Who knows Jul 22 Double Standards 4

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance