The best teachers in Y.A.I. history

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
kill that snake

Jamestown, TN

#1 Jul 21, 2008
It's a tie among these five: Sam Beaty,Noel Norman, Donnie Peavyhouse, Lloyd Reagan and Janice Rich.
Seventy

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2008
Unfortunately, I didn't have any of the above. Wish I had.
grew up in jamestown

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Jul 21, 2008
You must have been there shortly after me..Lloyd REagan taught me the love of reading, Mr. Hooks taught me to love American History so I guess those are two of my favorites. I got to say I really live Ms. Betty Lou Beaty, Ms Dimple Weaver and Ms.Ogletharp was wonderful to me.
kill that snake wrote:
It's a tie among these five: Sam Beaty,Noel Norman, Donnie Peavyhouse, Lloyd Reagan and Janice Rich.
WATERS

Columbia, SC

#5 Jul 21, 2008
I agree with Sam Beaty, Demple Weaver, and Betty Lou Beaty.

I also had great classes under Jim Warren and Gary Tinch.

All of these educators are wonderful people!

“You jus hate me cuz im white”

Since: Jun 08

jamestown

#6 Jul 21, 2008
Jim willey was one of the best teacher i know im goin to miss him
thankful

Columbia, SC

#7 Jul 21, 2008
I have to say Arnold Asberry was the best math teacher in history. I really struggled with Algebra and Mr. Asberry had so much patience. Every morning he would let me and some more that were having trouble, come in at 6:30 in the morning and he would work with us until school started. If he would not have went that extra mile , i do not beleive we would have made it. He was just so thoughtful and just an all around great person. I have a lot of respect for him. Mrs. Betty Lou Beaty is high on the list also. I still make good white sauce because of her. If any of you paid attention in her class , you know how important white sauce is..:)She really taught some very important skills in that class. Do they even have home ec now? If not they desperatly need to bring it back. So many good things other than cooking, like personal hygeine, how to set a table, sewing on a button....Wish she was still there ..:)
tennhillbilly

Cosby, TN

#8 Jul 21, 2008
Miss Williams in Algebra 1 and 2,Mrs. Greer in biology,Mrs. Alexander in civics,and Mr. Sam Beaty as coach in baseball and football.Peace to those willing to fight for it.

Since: Mar 08

Jamestown

#9 Jul 22, 2008
Demple, of course. I would have never survived college without her. But Peggy Cobb was great, also.
Nicole

Jamestown, TN

#10 Jul 22, 2008
Mrs.Cobb
Mrs.Voiles
Mrs.Gernt
Mrs.Clark
They all taught English and
i loved taking their English class
kill that snake

Rowesville, SC

#11 Jul 23, 2008
tennhillbilly wrote:
Miss Williams in Algebra 1 and 2,Mrs. Greer in biology,Mrs. Alexander in civics,and Mr. Sam Beaty as coach in baseball and football.Peace to those willing to fight for it.
Sam Beaty is best remembered as basketball coach more than football or baseball.

“Taking A Bite Out Of Crime”

Jamestown

#12 Jul 23, 2008
Irad C. Levering (does anyone remember him?)
rebecca

Jasper, GA

#13 Jul 23, 2008
GLADYS WILLIAMS & JANE ALEXANDER

“Taking A Bite Out Of Crime”

Jamestown

#14 Jul 23, 2008
Jane Threet... and her coffee. lol
grew up in jamestown

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jul 23, 2008
I loved the sayings on the pop sicle sticks that Jane Threet used to give us to memorize. She was always a classy dresser too.
Aquaholic

Jamestown, TN

#16 Jul 24, 2008
tennhillbilly wrote:
You are about to give away your age there tennhillbilly. Those folks have been retired for a long time. Actually all of them but Coach Beaty was gone before I got there and I thought I was old.
rebecca

Jasper, GA

#17 Jul 24, 2008
I remember Jane Threet and her coffee
the up most respect

Saluda, SC

#18 Jul 24, 2008
I have to say Mrs. Betty Lou Beaty. And some of you may know me by this story but I have 3 brothers and 4 sisters and when I was about 14 or 15 yrs old our house burnt and we was left with nothing. There was 8 of us that had to move into a friends house because we had no money or no other place to go we lost everything. We couldnt go to school for several days cause we had no clothes to wear to school. There was 2 of us in high school at the time and Mrs. Betty Lou Beaty took it upon herself to buy us a change of clothes a piece and all of the nessesary things for personal hygiene. Some can say what they will about this lady but I do have the upmost respect for her because she did not have to do what she done. She will always be in my heart.
Barbara

Jamestown, TN

#19 Jul 24, 2008
I enjoyed the following teachers!

Jane Three(this lady was always willing to help and I never, ever thought she was drinking!)

Kathleen Osgatharp (wonderful, kind, helpful lady)

Dimple Weaver (ditto from above)

Mike Delk (great art teacher, great sense of humor)

Obra Rich (that man had nerves of STEEL!)

Louise Duncan
Barbara

Jamestown, TN

#20 Jul 24, 2008
OOps...that should be Jane Threet!
Barbara

Jamestown, TN

#21 Jul 24, 2008
Origional Wonder Woman wrote:
Irad C. Levering (does anyone remember him?)
Lord, I haven't thought of him in YEARS! I also just remembered Colleen Barkdale. She taught Bible class when I was a freshman or sophmore...probably both years. I'm demented:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst York football Coach ever? 6 hr just me 4
Anybody believe in Predestination ? (Jul '13) 9 hr Stray- Dog 107
Looking for 13 hr Old friend 1
Billy Dean Anderson Book (May '13) 17 hr Family Tree 133
Hitlary Clinton for President (Aug '13) Fri Julia 805
who is the sexiest hair stylist in Jamestown ? Thu tech geek 2
Gastroparesis Thu name game 2

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance