Click on an option to vote

gary anderson

william perkins

ricky ward

jimmy dale cook

shadow 51

Jamestown, TN

#21 Nov 27, 2009
william and gary can play just about anyway they wan,t to they are both good players
lyn

Livingston, TN

#22 Nov 28, 2009
william is one of the best around here their not alot of folks can played so he gets my vote
sassy byrdstown tenn

Rowesville, SC

#23 Nov 28, 2009
all i have to say is this, who won first place at the pumpkin festeval, on the old guitar, without electricity, william perkins and tim winningham, does this tell you anything or not.if you want to hear some good picking come over to the junction.and hear some good country music located on hwy 52 you,ll see junction sign on left.
lyn

Livingston, TN

#24 Nov 28, 2009
sassy byrdstown tenn wrote:
all i have to say is this, who won first place at the pumpkin festeval, on the old guitar, without electricity, william perkins and tim winningham, does this tell you anything or not.if you want to hear some good picking come over to the junction.and hear some good country music located on hwy 52 you,ll see junction sign on left.
yep your right
Yep

Santa Barbara, CA

#25 Nov 29, 2009
sassy byrdstown tenn wrote:
Heck yeah you tell em!:)
shadow 51

Jamestown, TN

#26 Nov 30, 2009
william perkins is without a doudt the best i have heard in the county
shadow 51

Jamestown, TN

#27 Dec 2, 2009
I AGREE THEY ARE ALL GOOD I HAVE HEARD THEM ALL BUT PERKINS IS DIFFERENT I DON,T KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT HE IS WITHOUT A DOUDT THE BEST I HAVE HEARD AND I HAVE HEARD THEM ALL
Rod Upchurch

Cookeville, TN

#28 Dec 5, 2009
You know it's really hard to say who is the "best."
You could say your favorite guitar player, but not best. You can't put a guy that plays bluegrass/country against a guy that plays rock or metal. Just two completely different styles of music.

Also, just because you know alot of cover songs does NOT make you the best guitar player in the county. Learn to write your own songs.
nu band

Columbia, SC

#29 Dec 6, 2009
anyone know of a singer who does basicly the same material as Lonnie Moon and who isn't currently playing in a band?
shadow 51

Jamestown, TN

#30 Dec 7, 2009
i think ricky ward is hard to beat
GUITARMAN

Morrison, TN

#31 Dec 23, 2009
YOU probably dont remember the best guitar players because they dont live here anymore and dont play in jamestown.LIKE,Jeff crouch,Logan mullinax,Kevin cottrell.
omago3

Jamestown, TN

#32 Dec 29, 2009
william perkins plays over at the junction every friday and saturday night, i don,t dance much any more but i will keep going just to listen to the music.tim winningham sings and he is good, red randolph on the drums, fine band, 7:00 till 11:00good clean family entertainment,come on over and check it out.sometimes lonnie moon will come over and he is a good singer too.
HILLBILLY HIPPY

Morrison, TN

#33 Dec 30, 2009
THIS perkins guy must be somethin real different.Thats all anybody as said.Guess i will have to go check it out.
shadow 51

Jamestown, TN

#34 Jan 15, 2010
come out to the junction see what you think about the music
they are the best

United States

#35 Jan 18, 2010
Matt McClanahan & Matt Crockett (both work at Kroger) are the best ever, McClanahan plays lead and Crockett plays bass, they play all kinds of music and they are both awesome, two of the best I've ever heard.
blah

Allardt, TN

#36 Jan 18, 2010
You've not mentioned the single most talented musician in Fentress County... Steve Cravens.
Roadie

Mckenzie, TN

#37 Feb 16, 2014
Kevin Cottrell IS the best guitar player ever to come out of Jamestown.
Map Maker

Gainesboro, TN

#38 Feb 17, 2014
David Coleman doesn't live here any more, but he is a terrific country picker. He has a band in Nashville now.
smudged mascara

Gainesboro, TN

#39 Feb 17, 2014
shadow 51 wrote:
same way with bluegrass after two or three songs it all sounds the same do you agree i still thing he has them beat by a country mile and i did not call you a name like you did me
Usually when a person says that all the songs of a certain genre sound the same, then they are exposing their ignorance of the fine points of that music.
cat stare

Gainesboro, TN

#40 Feb 17, 2014
Map Maker wrote:
David Coleman doesn't live here any more, but he is a terrific country picker. He has a band in Nashville now.
I saw him and his band at Hippie Jacks a few years ago. He really is a good picker. He went on tour in Europe once with another band.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats up with all the poison sprayed under the ... (Aug '10) Tue Warrenator 43
Abusing food stamps Tue Merv the Perv 34
Wreckless school bus drivers Tue Carbonated Water 5
Butch Blevins Mon Paul 5
Open letter to the County Commission Mon Concerned citizen 72
Would like to know! Chucky edition! Mon Wow 30
Next Co. Executive Jun 25 Brain Surgeon 11

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance