First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Jesica

Jamestown, TN

#1 Aug 12, 2008
I go to church there! I have went to church all of my life, not because I wanted to but because my mother made me. So, therefore I never really liked going to church all that well. Well as I got older I realized that it was time to get my life right with God and raise my daughters up in church. So I tried so church with my mother, it was alright but I kept getting those looks like "your going to hell for what you look like and cause of you past". Then a friend of mine said "Hey come try Global Force!" So one Wednesday evening I did. I got my daughters and myself ready and went. I enjoyed service, Pastor Jason, and gotten reborn again. The people that go there are really nice. They haven't once gave me that look "your going to hell for what you look like or because of you past". The reason why I bring up what I look like is because I have piercings and tattoos. But anyways back to the subject. Its a great church! If you don't have a home church come try us out! GO GOD!
hammer_down_00

Jamestown, TN

#2 Aug 12, 2008
I agree it's a good place to go
tennhillbilly

Jamestown, TN

#3 Aug 12, 2008
God dont judge you for what you used to be.He looks at your heart and if you truly give your heart to the Lord He will show you what is right or wrong.Take some good advice and never worship a man or glorify anyone.If you put your faith in man or one church they will let you down but the Lord will alweays be there for you.Are you married or raising those girls alone?Be careful with your kids as there are many wolves in sheeps clothing out there.As far as tatoos and body piercing God aint gonna hold what you done as a sinner against you.He dont work like that.Now if you are a Christian and knowingly do something wrong that is another story.All too often man looks on the outside and judges another.If you pray and have faith in God He will help you with any problem that life presents.I am sure that you have done things that you dont want your girls to do.Hopefully you can teach them life lessons and keep them from making the same mistakes you and i did.I hope it all works out for you but never expect too much from a mere mortal.Peace to those willing to fight for it.
Alicia

Point, TX

#4 Jan 21, 2009
I love going here! Its a place that tells you about God's grace instead of the sermons on hell fire and brimstone. It tells of you God's love and forgiveness rather than condeming you for the past you had. Give it a try! I guarantee it will change your life!

“www.tntaxrevolt. org”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 21, 2009
Alicia wrote:
Its a place that tells you about God's grace instead of the sermons on hell fire and brimstone.
Glad you found a place to go. But Jesus spoke more of Hell than he did heaven.

Yo cannot experience the grace of Christ without realizing the Hell he saved you from.
girl next door

Jamestown, TN

#6 Jan 21, 2009
Alicia wrote:
I love going here! Its a place that tells you about God's grace instead of the sermons on hell fire and brimstone. It tells of you God's love and forgiveness rather than condeming you for the past you had. Give it a try! I guarantee it will change your life!
doesn't change the fact that their is a hell with fire and brimstone and it is the pastors duty to touch on the subject!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 21, 2009
Alicia wrote:
A Church should preach the entire Bible.Not just about fire & brimstone or just about grace or just about Gods love.All of it needs to be preached.I do not know anything about the Church and I will bet they do preach the whole gospel and is a very good church.I am just stating my opinion because there are churches out there that do not preach the entire gospel.
someone

Jamestown, TN

#8 Jan 21, 2009
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
A Church should preach the entire Bible.Not just about fire & brimstone or just about grace or just about Gods love.All of it needs to be preached.I do not know anything about the Church and I will bet they do preach the whole gospel and is a very good church.I am just stating my opinion because there are churches out there that do not preach the entire gospel.
You are right a preacher should preach the whole bible. Just because the preacher don't preach on hell, doesn't mean there isn't one. I always enjoy your comments Green Hornet, I would love to meet you. Keep up your good work on here, I know not all appreciates it. But some of us do!
hammer_down_00

Jamestown, TN

#9 Jan 22, 2009
A preacher should give the message God gives him,whatever it is.If not would it not be the person himself?I have heard enough people give their own judgments of the congregation.It is hard for some in Fentress county and the U S to accept sometimes God may use all love messages, it is possible.and it is possible for him to expect the people to read the bible for themselves.I agree sometimes a fire and brimstone sermon is necessary also so don't get angry this is my opinion.they are a dime a dozen.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 22, 2009
hammer_down_00 wrote:
A preacher should give the message God gives him,whatever it is.If not would it not be the person himself?I have heard enough people give their own judgments of the congregation.It is hard for some in Fentress county and the U S to accept sometimes God may use all love messages, it is possible.and it is possible for him to expect the people to read the bible for themselves.I agree sometimes a fire and brimstone sermon is necessary also so don't get angry this is my opinion.they are a dime a dozen.
I am not angry at all.I enjoy debates.God gave His word that all may hear.Preaching service after service of about Heaven or just about Hell or just about His love is not giving the people the entire word of God.God wants you to hear all His word.If He did not then He would not have had many books of the Bible written for us.By the way,the Bible has more to say about Hell than He does about Heaven.Maybe that is for a reason.You are right that the preacher should preach what the Lord has put upon his heart but if the messages are only about His love or only about Hell then if I were him I would pray and fast and seek Gods reason for that.Maybe,just maybe we are only listening part way.Just a thought.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 22, 2009
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right a preacher should preach the whole bible. Just because the preacher don't preach on hell, doesn't mean there isn't one. I always enjoy your comments Green Hornet, I would love to meet you. Keep up your good work on here, I know not all appreciates it. But some of us do!
Thank you.I know for a fact that some people do not like seeing me on here but that is okay.People are allowed their opinions and I will pray that in the future they may change their minds.I do not ever come on here to make anyone mad and I know that there is no one that will totally agree with everything I say but that is okay.You have a great day..
hammer_down_00

Jamestown, TN

#12 Jan 22, 2009
I went to this church one time and enjoyed it in may last year,I think he may have prayed and fasted from the sermon I heard ,just a thought how many who has posted above actually has attended the church?We on topix are to quick to assume what we hear is right .I haven't heard anyone say the pastor never believed in hell has anyone else.

Since: Oct 08

NASHVILLE TN

#13 Jan 22, 2009
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not angry at all.I enjoy debates.God gave His word that all may hear.Preaching service after service of about Heaven or just about Hell or just about His love is not giving the people the entire word of God.God wants you to hear all His word.If He did not then He would not have had many books of the Bible written for us.By the way,the Bible has more to say about Hell than He does about Heaven.Maybe that is for a reason.You are right that the preacher should preach what the Lord has put upon his heart but if the messages are only about His love or only about Hell then if I were him I would pray and fast and seek Gods reason for that.Maybe,just maybe we are only listening part way.Just a thought.
Just a thought.Great post!
sitinghere1

Jamestown, TN

#14 Jan 22, 2009
It is a great place.I go there all the time.Pastor Jason is a great preacher.

“Here we go.....”

Since: Nov 08

Jamestown, TN

#15 Jan 22, 2009
read carefully............THERE IS NO GOD.
God Fearing

Maryville, TN

#16 Jan 22, 2009
EEEVE wrote:
read carefully..........THERE IS NO GOD.
Shut the hell up EEVE! I go to church there, and you are definitely going to hell! I would absolutely LOVE to come to your house, drag you outside so your miscreant children could watch, and KILL you in the name of my God! You are scum!!
Josie

Jamestown, TN

#17 Jan 22, 2009
God Fearing wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut the hell up EEVE! I go to church there, and you are definitely going to hell! I would absolutely LOVE to come to your house, drag you outside so your miscreant children could watch, and KILL you in the name of my God! You are scum!!
I thought you said you were born again!!!! Do you really think Jesus would have reacted in that manner?

Location hidden

#18 Jan 22, 2009
Maybe a troll is amongst us.
God Fearing

Maryville, TN

#19 Jan 22, 2009
Josie wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you were born again!!!! Do you really think Jesus would have reacted in that manner?
No, but his followers should. EEVE is wrong, God IS real, and anyone who says any different is DOOMED!

“Wake the F*ck up!”

Since: Jan 08

Earth

#20 Jan 22, 2009
EEEVE wrote:
read carefully..........THERE IS NO GOD.
I call on you, just as I do to the devoutly religious, to be honest and admit that you may very well be wrong. To be so absolutely sure either way, is just foolishness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amber potter rupert 4 hr JustMe 10
Keith Reagan 7 hr JustMe 1
crybaby carol 8 hr Duh 2
Bigfoot Sightings? Any ever in Fentress County? (Feb '12) 8 hr Upchuck 40
Car for sale!! 13 hr ChevFn 3
Crossville Topix moderators deleting Conservati... 16 hr Very Interesting 2
The obama Legacy Of Failure 19 hr Roudy The Second 19
Jamestown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web