First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Enquiring mind

Jamestown, TN

#1 Nov 6, 2012
The citizens for/against the Charter have spoken!!!!! No to the Charter 76% for the Charter 24%. Thank you for taking the time to vote. Remeber to do the same in 2014 when CC/CE voting comes up
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#2 Nov 6, 2012
I agree.

Now it's time to put their a*sses on the skids and take OUR county back!!

-

We also MUST get on the ballot next election;

1) Term limits for ALL elected officials.

2) Where a candidate MUST have 51% or more of the vote to win or the top two have a run off election (instant run off election would be cheapest to do; you do that when you vote the first go around, you rank the people running from #1-whatever; then the person with the most highest ranked #'s wins!).

3) Recall elections for ALL County elected officials.
Kurtz

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2012
The county should sue the frauds that put the chater on the ballot to make them pay for the
legal fees that will now have to be paid by the taxpayers of Fenrtess County. Having the charter on the ballot was a complete joke. My dog could run for office and get 29% of the vote.
me to you

Jamestown, TN

#4 Nov 6, 2012
recall already in place, to have a runoff you have to have a primary, costs county about $30,000.00 for each election, the more we have , more tax money to pay for it.. elections are not free, people are paid to work. Why would you need an extra election, just vote for someone else. Everyone in the county votes for an executive. Only the 5 districts can each vote for their OWN representative and that should be their choice.. The more people that run for executive, the lower percentage they will win with, so people, don't everyone decide they want the job and decide to run.
fyi

Jamestown, TN

#5 Nov 6, 2012
Joker wrote:
I agree.
-
2) Where a candidate MUST have 51% or more of the vote to win or the top two have a run off election (instant run off election would be cheapest to do; you do that when you vote the first go around, you rank the people running from #1-whatever; then the person with the most highest ranked #'s wins!).
charter could have done all of this. Election commissioners campaigned against charter. No wonder it failed.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 6, 2012
Joker wrote:
I agree.
-
Recall elections? I thought you said it does not exist in Fentress county? Am I wrong?
Term limits? No.
Win with over 50% plus 1 vote? Yes.
me to you

Jamestown, TN

#7 Nov 6, 2012
It is time to put the charter in the trash and wake up tomorrow with a smile and only put good things on topix. goodnight and sweetdreams
betch ya

Jamestown, TN

#8 Nov 6, 2012
People have gotten use to planting two lips on Bob Franky Gary Leonards cheeks for so long, people dont know how to do anything else...

Location hidden

#9 Nov 6, 2012
betch ya wrote:
People have gotten use to planting two lips on Bob Franky Gary Leonards cheeks for so long, people dont know how to do anything else...
The people have spoken
just a thought

Jamestown, TN

#10 Nov 7, 2012
Good bye Charter!!!!!!!!, I wonder if they are going to be standing out by the road and thanking the people who did vote for the charter they way they did when they got people to sign the petition,lol
yes

Cookeville, TN

#11 Nov 7, 2012
fyi wrote:
<quoted text> charter could have done all of this. Election commissioners campaigned against charter. No wonder it failed.
If the commisioners are so bad and everyone is against them, then them being against the charter should have made it pass. Your theory just doesn't hold water. Sorry.
local voter

Livingston, TN

#12 Nov 7, 2012
just a thought wrote:
Good bye Charter!!!!!!!!, I wonder if they are going to be standing out by the road and thanking the people who did vote for the charter they way they did when they got people to sign the petition,lol
i will sure sign it

Location hidden

#13 Nov 7, 2012
local voter wrote:
<quoted text>i will sure sign it
Yea,lets spend another $20,000 or more..The people have spoken..
me to you

Jamestown, TN

#14 Nov 7, 2012
GH, it was over $30,000.00, one attorney was paid over $15,000.00. There was a second attorney, plus advertising and rental and sound system fees.
cactus

Jamestown, TN

#15 Nov 7, 2012
I feel bad for Fentress County - you folks missed a great opportunity to rid the county of cronyism. The same type of folks that voted AGAINST the charter PROBABLY voted for Obama - can't see the woods through the trees

Wow you screwed up big time
me to you

Jamestown, TN

#16 Nov 7, 2012
actually, Fentress voted against obama also, it was other state who love him!!
Not quite speechless

Lake City, SC

#17 Nov 7, 2012
I hope people will start getting more involved. I have learned a lot. I hope everyone has. We are doomed with Obama. Let's take a stand locally. Show up for meetings everyone. Take your 5 min. To have your say if needed. Get copies of all the meetings and share them. Keep track of the public financial records. This is your (our) county. Fight for it!
Resist the legislation AGAINST URBAN SPRAWL. fight for your rights! Save urban sprawl! Say no to big government in fentress county!
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#18 Nov 7, 2012
me to you wrote:
recall already in place, to have a runoff you have to have a primary, costs county about $30,000.00 for each election, the more we have , more tax money to pay for it.. elections are not free, people are paid to work. Why would you need an extra election, just vote for someone else. Everyone in the county votes for an executive. Only the 5 districts can each vote for their OWN representative and that should be their choice.. The more people that run for executive, the lower percentage they will win with, so people, don't everyone decide they want the job and decide to run.
It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.

1) Recall elections for county officials are NOT on the books! That's why they were written in the Charter.

2) You do NOT have to have Primary to have a run-off to have a run-off election. And, there are several different types of runoff elections. Like I said in my previous post, an "Instant" run-off is the best and cheapest to have. Let me break it down for you uneducated people; http://www.instantrunoff.com/the-basics

You do this at the same time you cast your vote for other people or issues on the ballot, so there is NO EXTRA EXPENSES involved in having another election!

3) Not really sure why you mentioned about each District electing their own Commissioners, uhmmmm I think we all knew that already?!?!?
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#19 Nov 7, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall elections? I thought you said it does not exist in Fentress county? Am I wrong?
Term limits? No.
Win with over 50% plus 1 vote? Yes.
1) It does NOT exist in Fentress County, that's why we need to GET IT ADDED on the ballot in 2014!!

2) Why are you against term limits?

3) At least we agree on something.
me to you

Jamestown, TN

#20 Nov 7, 2012
joker, the same law code we have to day was added to the charter by the attorney we paid over $15,000.00 for. If the attorney put that number into the charter, are you saying the attorney from Nashville does not know the law??? If you go back to the Giles County charter AND the working draft for the Fentress County charter, There are NO TCA codes in either charter. The Fentress county charter has those codes in the final copy, put there by the expensive attorney. Are you saying the attorney does NOT know the law????? enough is enough. we no longer can depend on anything you say, because no matter what is right, you tell people its WRONG..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
single women of fentress (May '11) 3 hr andu821 39
Selling Meat From White Van (Jan '13) 10 hr What- me worry 29
The Theif Obama Just Stole Your Water Thu dollop 1
Black on White Crime (Aug '12) Thu dollop 182
Constitutional Carry In Maine... Tennessee??? Thu dollop 1
Hitlary Clinton for President (Aug '13) Wed dollop 522
Terrible Business Wed dollop 2
More from around the web

Jamestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE