Posted in the Jamestown Forum

anonymous

Jamestown, TN

#1 Oct 18, 2009
where exactly is it you took this pic from
SGarrett

Jamestown, TN

#2 Oct 18, 2009
I believe it was taken from Wagon Gap in the Blackhouse Mtn area.
hello

Jamestown, TN

#3 Oct 18, 2009
I think it was taken at Yellow Doors in the Redmond Mtn area
SGarrett

Jamestown, TN

#4 Oct 18, 2009
Pretty sure it was the Wagon Gap overlook. I didn't go to Yellow Doors that day, but I've got a couple of pics from there I believe.
SGarrett

Jamestown, TN

#5 Oct 18, 2009
Regardless of which one it is, Wagon Gap or Yellow Doors...it was taken in the Blackhouse Mtn area.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 18, 2009
Well,I do not care where it was taken, It is a great pic..
george

Jamestown, TN

#7 Oct 18, 2009
If you are at Yellow Doors you are looking down the Rotten Forks Rd. After you turn right off of Black House Mtn rd it becomes Redmond Mtn Rd.
hello

Jamestown, TN

#8 Oct 18, 2009
If you are at Yellow Doors you are looking down the Rottens Fork Rd back toward 127
SKYwalker

Pine Knot, KY

#9 Mar 6, 2010
SGarrett wrote:
I believe it was taken from Wagon Gap in the Blackhouse Mtn area.
How do you get to this lookout? or is it on private property????

My grandmother used to tell about a lookout that overlooks Wolf River --- brings back old memories.
CHurst

San Antonio, TX

#10 Oct 1, 2011
It's actually taken in yellow doors cause if you notice at wagon wheel the long straight road goes from the left to right not straight ahead.....
Teapot Toronto

Toronto, Canada

#11 Jul 25, 2012
Could this be the same ledge that Alvin York pondered religion and war, while reading the book of independence in the famous classic movie "Sargeant York".
Diana Cruze

Powell, TN

#12 Dec 29, 2012
Is it possible to use/buy/borrow this photo? If so,
how do I do so?
Thanks
SGarrett

Jamestown, TN

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Diana Cruze wrote:
Is it possible to use/buy/borrow this photo? If so,
how do I do so?
Thanks
I'm the one who took this picture. You can use it, just give credit for it. If you can't right click and save it, email me at diamondback135405@yahoo.com and I will send you a copy

Since: Dec 12

Powell, TN

#14 Dec 29, 2012
SGarrett wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the one who took this picture. You can use it, just give credit for it. If you can't right click and save it, email me at diamondback135405@yahoo.com and I will send you a copy
I will gladly give you credit. It is a beautiful photo. I spent one day a month in Jamestown for about 20 years. Love the people and the town.

Thanks, I think I can copy it from website. So, credit you as: SGarrett or use you full name or email address?
Diana
SGarrett

Jamestown, TN

#15 Dec 29, 2012
ladysalesman wrote:
<quoted text>
I will gladly give you credit. It is a beautiful photo. I spent one day a month in Jamestown for about 20 years. Love the people and the town.
Thanks, I think I can copy it from website. So, credit you as: SGarrett or use you full name or email address?
Diana
just use sgarrett, if need more info just e mail me
Randy Felts

Richardson, TX

#16 May 10, 2013
I believe that Daniel Boone was the first person of European descent to discover the Three Forks Valley. He didn't have a motor vehicle to get him there though. I'm summing you did. Beautiful place. I lived in Chattanooga for awhile. I love me some Tennessee.
SGarrett

Jamestown, TN

#17 May 13, 2013
Yeah, we use ATV's although some use 4WD trucks, jeeps, etc. Daniel Boone may have been the first to discover it but it was Coonrod Pyle that first settled in the valley (or at least that's how the story goes around here).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats (communism) In 30 Seconds - Language ... 22 min dollop 1
Black on White Crime (Aug '12) 31 min Julia 181
Police Brutality - I Wish There Was More Of It... 1 hr dollop 1
Where do you report a drug dealer? (Sep '09) 19 hr What- me worry 34
Christian Crusades Compared To muzzie jihad 23 hr xxxx 13
Asphalt Driveway Paving 23 hr ShirleyWill12 2
Charlie Daniels: 'Lock and Load America, Troubl... 23 hr Mechanic_45 4
More from around the web

Jamestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE