My Dad

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

He claimed he seen one in the early to mid 70s while flying his plane in the Jamestown area. He and another pilot were flying seperate planes one clear nite. They both had it in sight for about 30 minutes and then all of the sudden it disappeared. This one didnt seem to be making any noise and it had several rows of bright lights.
sunshine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

With cell phones with cameras, there are not near as many sightings as there use to be, imagine that.
wow

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

sunshine wrote:
With cell phones with cameras, there are not near as many sightings as there use to be, imagine that.
wrong, sightings have been on the upcline for several years, keep on showing you're uneducated in the field. Hick.
Rattler

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

My Dad wrote:
He claimed he seen one in the early to mid 70s while flying his plane in the Jamestown area. He and another pilot were flying seperate planes one clear nite. They both had it in sight for about 30 minutes and then all of the sudden it disappeared. This one didnt seem to be making any noise and it had several rows of bright lights.
This sounds like the same one I saw on my way back orom Crossville to Banner in the mid 1970s 2:00 in the morning and a very clear night. It was low to the ground only moving 3 to 5 miles per hr. Looked just like a passenger plane with all the cabin light on and the brigest lights on the front wings I have ever seen. There was no sound at all as it came over me only about 100 ft over me. An to the ones who don't beleave thats fine with me.
JLS

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Could have been the same one. They were so concerned and curious about this incident that they got in touch with some officals to find out if there had been any planes that would have fit that description in that area that nite, of course, there wasnt any in the area. It was someting but no one could say what it was. It didnt show up on the radar.
Rattler

Bloomington Springs, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

What makes it so special to me it was the night one of my sons was born Sept-11-75. It appeared to want me to see it up close. So you know where I think it was from. It was so clear that night that you could see all the details fo the plain, and it still had the brightest lights, one on the front of each wing I have ever seen. An there were no engines and no sound.
lilmama

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

i have never seen one
spaghettios

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

I remember hearing about some preacher here back in the 80s I think, who saw a UFO flying low over some houses one night. They said that he claimed to see it over a house and it had a beam of bright light shining down on the house for a few moments, then it went over another house and shined this bright light down on that house, and so on and so on. It was suppose to have this preacher really upset and all he could figure was the end times were near. Does anyone else remember hearing of this?

I also know someone who lives here in a sparsely populated area that said he got up one night and looked out a window to see a very bright, very big craft rise up from behind a wooded area next to his home. According to him it was silent. I don't believe this man made up the story because he was a little upset over it. He told some of his friends about it and they laughed and made fun of him. Typical! Nothing makes you keep your mouth shut like some good old humiliation. I also know of some folks here who had some experiences down by the national park about the time the bigfoot was sighted in Campbell county in 2003. These people have lived out in the woods most of their lives and know the difference between a bear and something that's not a bear. They too are not willing to talk because of the humiliation factor.

“Hellboss”

Since: Jul 09

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

I once saw a UFO over the creek out back but the cops said it was just a couple of the shithead kids next door playing in their tree house and I had no reason to take shots at them and burn the woods down. It's called "NATIONAL SECURITY" you fatassed morons, look it up.
adios

Monterey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

there was a guy who lived down the road from me who said he saw a whole fleet of ufos one day. But he's on medication now and he hasn't seen any for awhile.
sunshine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong, sightings have been on the upcline for several years, keep on showing you're uneducated in the field. Hick.
I watch the news frequently and read newspapers from all over the United States and the big upcline has not been reported. If one landed outside or even hovered, in 10 seconds I could be outside and in another 10 seconds get you a picture. Name calling is a sure sign of your intelligence.
rain on your sunshine

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch the news frequently and read newspapers from all over the United States and the big upcline has not been reported. If one landed outside or even hovered, in 10 seconds I could be outside and in another 10 seconds get you a picture. Name calling is a sure sign of your intelligence.
10+10=20. Your logic and math does not add up. Maybe you have not been paying attention. Fox news have done major reports, abc, cnn, in the late 60's,70's cbs done reports. Presidents, movie stars, police officers, all walks of life have seen them. Sightings can last from 5 seconds to 30 minutes. Media don't report everyday sightings because of its bias, and being ridiculed. Media don't report alot of things that isn't true. Just look at politics.
rain on your sunshine

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

typo,, media don't report alot of things that is true.

“May the force be with you”

Since: Apr 07

Knoxville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Judged:

rain on your sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
10+10=20. Your logic and math does not add up. Maybe you have not been paying attention. Fox news have done major reports, abc, cnn, in the late 60's,70's cbs done reports. Presidents, movie stars, police officers, all walks of life have seen them. Sightings can last from 5 seconds to 30 minutes. Media don't report everyday sightings because of its bias, and being ridiculed. Media don't report alot of things that isn't true. Just look at politics.
I ain't one of them thare Presidents or movie stars, but I seen me a UFO. Matter of fact in the 60's and 70's, like you was saying, I seen plenty of them. Now a days though I do not see them anymore since they quit making qualudes.

Hey rainman shut your hole!
reptile

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Judged:

Old-School wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't one of them thare Presidents or movie stars, but I seen me a UFO. Matter of fact in the 60's and 70's, like you was saying, I seen plenty of them. Now a days though I do not see them anymore since they quit making qualudes.
Hey rainman shut your hole!
Go back to school and reeducate yourself.

“May the force be with you”

Since: Apr 07

Knoxville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

Judged:

reptile wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to school and reeducate yourself.
Crawl back under your rock.
kajahgsf

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Old-School wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your rock.
move out of your moms basement
sunshine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

kajahgsf wrote:
<quoted text>
move out of your moms basement
Will there be more UFOs living somewhere else. If anyone has any pictures, lets see them of recent. Thought not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Jamestown Forum right now

Search the Jamestown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min TN Voter 124,147
Your Life In 6 Words (May '08) 46 min Thankful 26
who will be next register of deeds 1 hr Crazy Person 57
Will Phillips 1 hr disgusted 1
where is casey haley 2 hr hard rock 3
Who do you support for Sheriff in 2014? 5 hr jonnie 313
Thai Time/Coffee Time 8 hr I almost laughed 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jamestown Jobs

•••