First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#1 Dec 10, 2012
I am going on record as being or this snke hunt in Florida. It is in the public interest to try and reduce the numbers of these giant pythons before they start reducing he numbers of th human popuation.

There are grops tryin to stopit becaue they are concerned the hunters wil not know te risks or that they will nt dispatch the snake in a human way.Just how human will this snake dispatch you if it spreads into human inhabitated area? it can and will eat you. They can survive in most areas of the south. The hibernate or live in caves ,under houses other buildings and come ut at night and hunt forfood which is any kind of living thing.

It is finally tome to stop worrying about the feelings of the snakes and think about people.Support this hunt. trust the people who hunt them to have the common sense to know what they are doing. Hunt the snake before it hunts you.

http://www.google.com/url...

http://www.google.com/search...

True this is not a hunt for the meek and mild. However if you are a hunter do you believe you need somebody from the city to tell you about the dangers of snakes?

I may go down and give it a try, not sure I can get things togeather in time but no reason not to allow a person who can and wants to to participate in this hunt and no reason not to have the hunt.Support this hunt.
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Here is anotehr article that is agins the this snake hunt. It is from-yes Chicago. This hunt need to be done .

Kurt

Germany

#3 Dec 10, 2012
This just goes to show that Americans will use any excuse to hunt and kill innocent animals. Why not adopt these pythons? Why kill them? Who are they hurting? Blood thirsty Americans.
Rebel Doe

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2012
I don`t think this snake hunt is a good idea. There is no proof that any of the great creatures have ever harmed any human. we should not kill them, this is just an excuse for a bunch of good old boys to go out drink beer and shoot poor creatures of nature. Shame on you all.
Outside Looking In

Montgomery, AL

#5 Dec 12, 2012
Roudy, man, learn how to spell.
The rest, these snakes are growing to VERY LARGE sizes, and are not native to Florida. They are killing off the native animals, such as racoons, birds, even alligators. Full grown, there's nothing in the everglades that can kill them.
Rebel Doe, how about sitting up one of those killer bee hives in your back yard. These aren't native to the US, bet you'd change your tune some

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 12, 2012
They need to go ahead and offer a monetary bounty per snake brought in dead and allow unfettered hunting to eradicate these non-native beasts.
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#7 Dec 12, 2012
dollop wrote:
They need to go ahead and offer a monetary bounty per snake brought in dead and allow unfettered hunting to eradicate these non-native beasts.
I doubt they will ever eradicate them completely. The reason is there will be eggs in the ground that will hatch, small ones that won`t be found. It will be almost impossible to get rid of them ,but the hunt will reduce the numbers and if they are hunted all the time them perhaps this will keep the numbers down.

To Outside Looking In. I am working on my spelling, someday maybe I will be able to spell as good as you.Until then, you are just going to have to figure out he best you can what I am trying to say.I am not losing a lot of sleep over it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 12, 2012
Outside Looking In wrote:
Roudy, man, learn how to spell.
The rest, these snakes are growing to VERY LARGE sizes, and are not native to Florida. They are killing off the native animals, such as racoons, birds, even alligators. Full grown, there's nothing in the everglades that can kill them.
Rebel Doe, how about sitting up one of those killer bee hives in your back yard. These aren't native to the US, bet you'd change your tune some
Roudy does a good job spelling overall.Some days he misspells a few words and others he is right on..I figure the days he does not do so good,he is just tired.I enjoy his posts and always looks forward for them.
Slice of Life

Cape Coral, FL

#9 Dec 12, 2012
Well I say let them hunt, they are very dangerous snakes and they are killing our wildlife when we went too the Keys we would cross alligator alley and see plenty of wildlife, but here in the last 5 yrs we don't see any, and you don't dare get out of your car for any reason, there are signs posted (we now take a boat) even the rest areas in Orlando tell you that dangerous snakes are in the area to beware, just wait till they get near Disney then they will get serious,by the way we have lived here 30yrs in Fla so we have seen it all!!!!
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Roudy does a good job spelling overall.Some days he misspells a few words and others he is right on..I figure the days he does not do so good,he is just tired.I enjoy his posts and always looks forward for them.
Thanks for the support GH. I can tell you I never worry about what somebody says about my spelling, or the content. I my goal was to generate discussion on this topic. I think it is a very serious threat to the wildlife and maybe humans.

We had a python of some sort get loose from the owners cage here a few years ago. It was spotted in the wildlife area, which is kind of like a marsh. I heard it was destroyed but no one was ever sure. My point in this is they can survive in colder areas. They find a place to hibernate and they will survive. You got plenty of places in East Tenn they could nest and hibernate, caves ,old mine shafts ect. They definitely are destructive to wild life and can be to people.

I kind of got tired of politics and thought this might generate some discussion. I am sure the hunt will go on, but there are people trying to stop it. I think also hunters need to be aware and on the lookout for any sign the might be in the area. Doubt if one is seen around your neck of the woods I will need to make a recommendation. However if one is seen likely there are others and the quicker they are destroyed the better of the area will be.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 12, 2012

Location hidden

#12 Dec 12, 2012
Or, for the not so frugally minded..........

Kel-Tec KSG Bullpup Pump-Action 12 Gauge Shotgun
video continued..........

&fe ature=endscreen&NR=1
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#13 Dec 12, 2012
dollop wrote:
I think if I was going into the Everglades looking for a python, I would go with the 20ga, that .410 is a little light. I would personally prefer a 12 ga. pump.Each to their own.
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#14 Dec 12, 2012
dollop wrote:
Or, for the not so frugally minded..........
Kel-Tec KSG Bullpup Pump-Action 12 Gauge Shotgun
video continued..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zLDsgGgE5UMXX&feature=end screen&NR=1
That is more like it.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 12, 2012
Roudy wrote:
<quoted text>I think if I was going into the Everglades looking for a python, I would go with the 20ga, that .410 is a little light. I would personally prefer a 12 ga. pump.Each to their own.
Then post #12 will fix you right up Roudy. Enjoy the video.
Outside Looking In

Montgomery, AL

#16 Dec 13, 2012
I live in northwest FL, they find them here also. Last year they got one that stretched most of the way across a two lane road. They could live in TN pretty easy, like Roudy said, just need a place to hold up in winter, rattlers, cottonmouths and copperheads make it fine. They do make an awfully pretty belt, boots or hatband.
Former Resident

Yuba City, CA

#17 Dec 13, 2012
Outside Looking In wrote:
I live in northwest FL, they find them here also. Last year they got one that stretched most of the way across a two lane road. They could live in TN pretty easy, like Roudy said, just need a place to hold up in winter, rattlers, cottonmouths and copperheads make it fine. They do make an awfully pretty belt, boots or hatband.
I don`t want to sound nose but do you live up near Ft Walton Beach, Fl? I used to be stationed at Hurlburt Fld. We had a lot of raccoons in the area and I would think they may have cleaned them out . They need to be hunted around the year. The hides could be used for belts , what ever.
ha

Newport, TN

#18 Dec 13, 2012
?
Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#19 Dec 13, 2012
I done some more research on this python problem and now they have found the Africa Rock Python in Florida, which is meaner and biggger than the Burma Python and there is a rumor that the cobra has been sighted.We got a snake problem, they are going to spread.

http://www.google.com/search...

Roudy

Yuba City, CA

#20 Dec 29, 2012
This 17 ft python showed up at this family picnic in Florida. It seems it picked the wrong family, they were from Aransas. I as shot. I guess they continued the picnic. The Arkanas solution works
http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Agd6o5k4i9vNCzKoLI... **http%3A//www.grindtv.com/out door/blog/50499/unwanted%2Bgue st%2Bin%2Bflorida%2Bpicnic%2Ba rea%2Bis%2Ba%2B17-foot%2Bburme se%2Bpython/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maried Pall Mall man hooking up with internet guys 1 hr Moneybags 126
best guitar players (Oct '09) 11 hr musicman96 50
Jeb Bush for President - No Thanks 11 hr What- me worry 32
Ebola in the U.S.A. / Blame the Federal Govt. Wed dollop 169
Mohammedan - Facts of Life % (Nov '12) Wed dollop 90
Presidential Executive Orders are ILLEGAL! All ... (Nov '10) Wed dollop 43
Looking for Sellout Republicans (Apr '13) Wed dollop 25
Jamestown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jamestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jamestown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jamestown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
NBC Sports10:54 AM
Weatherspoon predicts a sweep of the "Aints"
Bleacher Report11:59 AM
Jaguars Break Their Underdog Streak
NFL 2:36 PM
Blake Bortles to start Thursday night for Jaguars