First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#284 Nov 23, 2012
**typo in post 283; should be 160 square feet.
I am asking now am tellin

Jamestown, TN

#285 Nov 23, 2012
Joker, put a sock in it. I am tired of people using"" kids paying for a jail"". Of course they will pay, just as I pay for schools and jails and wheel taxes. I am 75 years young and I do not have kids in any school in this county. The purpose for paying taxes is to support the county you live in!!! I also have NO grandkids in Fetress county jail, or kids either!
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#286 Nov 23, 2012
I am asking now am tellin wrote:
Joker, put a sock in it. I am tired of people using"" kids paying for a jail"". Of course they will pay, just as I pay for schools and jails and wheel taxes. I am 75 years young and I do not have kids in any school in this county. The purpose for paying taxes is to support the county you live in!!! I also have NO grandkids in Fetress county jail, or kids either!
Well Grandpa, you can kiss my young arse! I have a right to speak my mind and I intend on doing so! Just as I expect you to do so. I wouldn't expect you to sit by and keep your mouth shut for something you are for or against as long as you have something to debate with viable, substantiated comments. Your problem seems to be you have no viable, substantiated comments to debate.

Regardless of who is going to have to pay for the JC/CF; the point of debate is that the CE/CCs have NOT planned ahead far enough to keep us out of what is happening to Knox County right now! And in just a few short years we will be right where they are right now and still stuck with 30 years to pay on the JC/CF and needing a bigger facility! They need to build what we are going to need in the future and NOT what we need right now!

And since I've obviously proven your theory of adding double beds to cells NOT an option due to it being a violation of State Law, just like I said (and it will be proven); the JC/CF will be TOO SMALL the day the doors are opened!

Jamestown, TN

#287 Nov 23, 2012
And that means several commissioners and executives are at fault, NOT the ones newly elected in 2010, as everyone wants the people to believe. for several years this county has been going downhill and now people are just getting their eyes open. Wait until new ones take over city hall, and then watch the fur fly!!! you heard it here first!!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#288 Nov 23, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Grandpa, you can kiss my young arse! I have a right to speak my mind and I intend on doing so! Just as I expect you to do so. I wouldn't expect you to sit by and keep your mouth shut for something you are for or against as long as you have something to debate with viable, substantiated comments. Your problem seems to be you have no viable, substantiated comments to debate.
Regardless of who is going to have to pay for the JC/CF; the point of debate is that the CE/CCs have NOT planned ahead far enough to keep us out of what is happening to Knox County right now! And in just a few short years we will be right where they are right now and still stuck with 30 years to pay on the JC/CF and needing a bigger facility! They need to build what we are going to need in the future and NOT what we need right now!
And since I've obviously proven your theory of adding double beds to cells NOT an option due to it being a violation of State Law, just like I said (and it will be proven); the JC/CF will be TOO SMALL the day the doors are opened!
You are correct Joker,no double beds,but yes to bunk beds...Some of the cells were built with the proper square footage,that bunk beds can be put in so 2 people can be housed in one cell..This was already ok'd.

Location hidden

#289 Nov 23, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that, when the time comes; THE TAXPAYER WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER TAX INCREASE IN ORDER FOR ANOTHER PORTION OF THE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY TO BE BUILT WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT THE RIGHT WAY TO BEGIN WITH?!?
There's some forward thinking for you! A 40 year loan will be extended for another 20-30 years [for the addition] making it a 70 year loan. Why don't/didn't they [CE/CCs] just do it right to begin with? Your kids, my kids, and their kids and grandchildren will be paying for this major screw up!!
This is a fine example of piss poor planning and lack of forethought!!
They did what they thought they needed to do,especially considering that a lot of people in the county did not want one built in the first place..I agree,it should have been built bigger,but many of the people in the county does not agree.
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#290 Nov 23, 2012
I am asking now am tellin wrote:
And that means several commissioners and executives are at fault, NOT the ones newly elected in 2010, as everyone wants the people to believe. for several years this county has been going downhill and now people are just getting their eyes open. Wait until new ones take over city hall, and then watch the fur fly!!! you heard it here first!!!
Are you saying the newly elected ones in 2010 have no fault to bare in this?
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#291 Nov 23, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
They did what they thought they needed to do,especially considering that a lot of people in the county did not want one built in the first place..I agree,it should have been built bigger,but many of the people in the county does not agree.
Obviously they have NO IDEA what was needed nor any business or futures planning background. All they have done is to appease the state with the problem we have today, they have done NOTHING for the problems we will have tomorrow, and tomorrow will be here before you know it.

And you can bet your sweet patooty that before that day gets here [given they are still alive and kicking and we don't change the elections rules] they will choose not to run for re-election so they don't have to make the decision to un-screw the screw up their making right now.
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#292 Nov 23, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
They did what they thought they needed to do,.........
This is where they should have asked their constituents what THEY wanted. Like any GOOD elected official should do!

Location hidden

#293 Nov 23, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where they should have asked their constituents what THEY wanted. Like any GOOD elected official should do!
They had some town hall meetings and most of the people were "barely" understanding with the size they were building now,they probably would have been a bit angry if they tried to build bigger...A lot of people would disagree with you on building a bigger facility..I,though,agree with you..
Joker

Jamestown, TN

#294 Nov 23, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
They had some town hall meetings .....
Before or after the tax hike?

Location hidden

#295 Nov 23, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Before or after the tax hike?
Before.

Jamestown, TN

#296 Nov 23, 2012
Before the tax hike, before the election in 2010 and after the election in 2010. David Beaty himself asked to wait until after the election to vote on a tax hike,so they did what DB asked them to do. answer to joker's remark

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min miss tuffet 149,076
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 14 min ucanthandletruth 9,440
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Calhoun 8,640
Elvis 1 hr Ann 29
Review: DRS Weight Loss Clinic Weight 3 hr Just Wondering 1
A fishing class at YAI ? 3 hr Green Hornet 007 10
Wives...Would you pay your spouse to do work ar... 15 hr What- me worry 6
•••
•••
•••

Jamestown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••