New form petition for public vote on ...

New form petition for public vote on jc center

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#1 Sep 8, 2011
Go sign petition at City hall this after noon .They are trying to force a public vote.This is our right to show for or against this issue if they can get enough signatures.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 8, 2011
woodchuck wrote:
Go sign petition at City hall this after noon .They are trying to force a public vote.This is our right to show for or against this issue if they can get enough signatures.
Very interesting.
question

Cookeville, TN

#3 Sep 8, 2011
How much will this cost tax payers??? Election fees, and attorney fees and the county will win in the long run. For some people who yell and scream about saving money, some people sure do not care to spend on frivilous law suits.
info

Cookeville, TN

#4 Sep 8, 2011
some people will cut off their nose to spite their face!!!!! When a county builds with bond money it is secure. The county will have 3 years to complete the building and every penny must be accounted for and not one penny can be spent on anything else!!! The county commissioners can not divert funds to something else!!!!!
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#5 Sep 8, 2011
Question
You best roll over and die.Stand up and show what your made of or step back.Ten million is far more money then a petition and you will pay for the rest of your life.
observer

Cookeville, TN

#6 Sep 8, 2011
guaranteed not to cost 11 million dollars!
tnhillbilly

Baxter, TN

#7 Sep 8, 2011
What are we supposed to do,just bend over and say sock it to me?They will never let this be voted on by the people.This JC is not just about housing prisoners.What do you think they will use the old jail for.Seems like the city has plenty of money.Maybe they can take care of the outlaws in the city.Why not?
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#8 Sep 8, 2011
Observer
I hope your smarter then that last remark.Your at least two years from completion .those figures will never stand up.
senior citizen

Cookeville, TN

#9 Sep 8, 2011
I have a question. A few months ago it was stated the county was applying for a grant to help pay for the court area of the justice center. What ever happened about that??Grant money is available for that and since the court part costs approx. two and a half million dollars, that would bring the cost down. The majority of people in this county knows we need a new jail. This county needs help, not a handful of people looking for ways to complain about everything. Complain about the high price of gas, high price of food, no raise for seniors again. Teachers not teaching to the best of their ability, too many ninth graders can not read!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#10 Sep 8, 2011
senior citizen wrote:
I have a question. A few months ago it was stated the county was applying for a grant to help pay for the court area of the justice center. What ever happened about that??Grant money is available for that and since the court part costs approx. two and a half million dollars, that would bring the cost down. The majority of people in this county knows we need a new jail. This county needs help, not a handful of people looking for ways to complain about everything. Complain about the high price of gas, high price of food, no raise for seniors again. Teachers not teaching to the best of their ability, too many ninth graders can not read!
Good post.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#11 Sep 8, 2011
info wrote:
some people will cut off their nose to spite their face!!!!! When a county builds with bond money it is secure. The county will have 3 years to complete the building and every penny must be accounted for and not one penny can be spent on anything else!!! The county commissioners can not divert funds to something else!!!!!
Another good post.
Junior

Mount Juliet, TN

#12 Sep 8, 2011
Why does this little group of people keep trying to stir up trouble. All they are doing is causing our county MORE money! That wilder woman is on the streets again in her short skirt trying to get people to sign a paper that they don't know what they are signing AGAIN! People, believe me, you had better read what you are about to sign before you sign it and it won't do any good, the commissioners will just have to find another way , and they will. Why do these people keep on costing us money. MORE MONEY to put on the ballot AGAIN, and what do they think it will accomplish?
Sissy

Mount Juliet, TN

#13 Sep 8, 2011
At least the bond is secure, if it fails then they will just have to go somewhere and borrow money, which means higher interest rates and then will have to raise our taxes again. Why can't they just leave things alone and quit costing us money. Can we send this little group out of the county, or better still, out of the country ?
observer

Cookeville, TN

#14 Sep 8, 2011
come on
leonard

Cosby, TN

#15 Sep 8, 2011
sisy eleven million may not seem much to some folks, a lot for working stiff who pays for this. send these folks out of country leaves only ones interested, the famous ten and their followers will have one another to disvriminate against go figure
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#16 Sep 8, 2011
Sissy
This has nothing to do with forming the new form of gov.This is just for the right to vote on the jc center for or against.Your looking in to something that not there.The county residents should have the right to vote on spending that much money..The comm. are suppose to work for rhe residents of fentress county.
please read

Cookeville, TN

#17 Sep 8, 2011
All DB and KR is doing is stiring up TROUBLE and our property tax will have to go up again to pay for all the mess they are creating and lawyer fees and court costs and we will still get a NEW JAIL!!!! Grant money will pay for court rooms. Grant money WILL NOT PAY FOR JAIL. instead of 10 million it will cost 15 million by the time we pay for their vindictiveness.. And DB will still NOT be county exec., KR will NOT BE a county commissioner and her husband WILL NOT BE a deputy sheriff. Tax payers will lose big time!!! remember you heard it first here!!!!
answer me this

Cookeville, TN

#18 Sep 8, 2011
If the people vote no jail in 2012, and if the jail gets shut down, what will this cost the people of fentress county. What if a judge tells fentress county they have 2 years to build a jail? Does that mean no jail until 2014?? How much will it cost to send all prisoners to other counties???I think we could build 2 jails for what this is going to end up costing. Look at Putnam County, and they sure have more money than us.
just saying

United States

#19 Sep 8, 2011
I'm worried about the cost of the high priced JC. Yet, more worried about the building being furnished and the upkeep for our childrens children to have to pay for. If they worried half as much about having a place for people to work and stay out of jail there would be no need for the JC legacy. I wish more people had the courage to stand up and be counted as DB and KC. I just wish they had more and would follow through on all the info they have on people. It might take awhile but after everything settle down this county would be a better place for the real people of this county. Which are the 'have nots.' I am sick of this county being run by the dozen or so families of the 'haves'
well oh well

Cookeville, TN

#20 Sep 8, 2011
What company in their right mind would locate a new business in this county???Crime has taken over, schools don't teach, 9th. graders can not read, and residents DO NOT WANT ANY IMPROVEMENTS. Every body calls every body else liars, thieves, crooks. Until this county comes together, no one will ever accomplish anything, but cost taxpayers money!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
About thirty years ago in Jamestown TN 4 women ... 24 min nutzaplente 10
Looking for Bud Beaty 17 hr Curiouscousin 1
2018 sheriff's election Wed Yip 42
Wreckless school bus drivers Tue South side 2
#1snitch Feb 20 90120abc 9
The Loony left have crossed the line Feb 19 Dizzie sicko 13
Where do you report a drug dealer? (Sep '09) Feb 19 Randy smith 37

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance