BIGFOOT Is this Bigfoot or just the ...

BIGFOOT Is this Bigfoot or just the latest internet viral hoax?

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 7, 2010
Is this Bigfoot or just the latest internet viral hoax? Family films 'creepy' silent, monkey-like creature on hike through snow-covered woods

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 6:39 PM on 07th January 2010

Bitterly cold in January, the north-eastern U.S. state of Maine is not known for its monkey population.

So when a family hiking through snow-covered woods claimed they had spotted a strange, ape-like creature sitting silently in a tree, it was not long before the suggestion that Bigfoot had been spotted was made.

The unidentified family managed to capture what they said was a monkey-like creature on video.

The footage, posted on YouTube by American user webtech88 five days ago, has been continuously clicked on ever since and become one of the first internet hits of 2010.
continued with video.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/art...

Location hidden

#2 Jan 7, 2010
I would bet there is animals yet to be discovered.
jamestown son

Livingston, TN

#3 Jan 7, 2010
7th Son wrote:
I would bet there is animals yet to be discovered.
Thats no bigfoot. A monkey my be. I do belive that their is some kind of big ape out their.
If you knew

Columbia, SC

#4 Jan 7, 2010
There's more things than bigfoot I'd be worrying about and if you people only knew the truth you wouldn't dare go out at alone or umarmed for that matter at night.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 28, 2011
bumpity
Big Foot is Alive

Cookeville, TN

#7 Mar 28, 2011
Just go down to pickett state park and look for him, he was spotted 30 + years ago down there! if you dont believe me just get a old fentress co leader times news paper made in 78 0r 79 era and read about it on the front page!

Location hidden

#8 Mar 29, 2011
The Patterson Film (Enhanced-Motion Stabilized
October 20, 1967 at Bluff Creek, California

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/files/mk_dav...
FYI

Spencer, NY

#9 Mar 29, 2011
The Patterson film has been verified as a hoax. Bon Herronous (sp?) was they guy on the suit. Oh and I believe in bigfoot, its just a big ape that hides well, migrates, and lives in unexplored place.(all hoaxes aside)

Location hidden

#10 Mar 29, 2011
Coast to Coast am

Tonight's Show
12am - 4am CT
1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT

Search for Bigfoot (Tue 03-29)

Three experts in the field of cryptozoology will discuss the latest findings and technology in the search for Bigfoot. In order of appearance: Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum, Daniel Perez, Loren Coleman.

First Hour: Researcher Tom Blees talks about nuclear energy issues.

coasttocoastam.com
wunderin

Jamestown, TN

#11 Mar 29, 2011
If you knew wrote:
There's more things than bigfoot I'd be worrying about and if you people only knew the truth you wouldn't dare go out at alone or umarmed for that matter at night.
I agree with you, but I'm nuts. I live down by both pickett state park and south fork, and I don't care a bit to go out in the woods at night on my own property. If it's light out I don't take a flash light. There's been a time or two I've heard some very strange things out in the woods. Not like anything I've ever heard before.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 30, 2012
*Yep, that's our brilliant Government and National Park Service in action, fining people for lack of a permit they couldn't even get anyway.

Bigfoot sleuth stomped for leading tour on federal lands without permit

By Perry Chiaramonte
Published March 29, 2012
| FoxNews.com

A man who led tour groups on a hunt for Bigfoot met up with the long arm of the law instead, and got fined for doing business on federal lands without a permit.

Matt Pruitt was leading a group expedition for The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization at the Buffalo National River Park in Arkansas in February when he and his group of 31 people were stopped by two park rangers. Pruitt was slapped with a hefty $525 fine for a lack of a commercial use permit.

Despite being fined for lack of a permit, it would have been likely that Pruitt would not have been able to obtain one.
ďItís highly unlikely that he would have gotten a permit if he applied for one," Bradford said. "Itís not normal practice to issue them for expeditions to find Bigfoot."
continued..........

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/29/bigfoot-...
To Dollop

Gainesboro, TN

#13 Apr 3, 2012
By you posting this about a bigfoot you have proven
to me what I have suspected while reading your
post. That you are not very intelligent You try to
babble about other faiths you know nothing about
an are corrected on several times I have a son in
school and I send him there to get an education
no more or less anything else I am to teach him at
home I do not say this because I do not beleive in God or the ten commandments
I do and teach him to I also hope to learn him that
the world is full of iditos like you and to ignore
you and see you for what you are a narrow minded
idiot.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 13, 2012
To Dollop wrote:
By you posting this about a bigfoot you have proven
to me what I have suspected while reading your
post. That you are not very intelligent You try to
babble about other faiths you know nothing about
an are corrected on several times I have a son in
school and I send him there to get an education
no more or less anything else I am to teach him at
home I do not say this because I do not beleive in God or the ten commandments
I do and teach him to I also hope to learn him that
the world is full of iditos like you and to ignore
you and see you for what you are a narrow minded
idiot.
So you have made the determination that I am an "idiot" from this thread where I have posted footage of furry unknown
creatures for entertainment and speculative ideas be to shared by others that enjoy a mystery and discovery?

Myself, I have never seen a bigfoot but it makes for interesting tales from those who claim to have seen it and I am certainly not prepared to call all of those people liars.

But when considering the probably millions of trail/game cameras in use today across America without footage of said beasty and that for a large mammal population to survive in the wilds about six hundred or more breeding pairs in the minimum are needed, I do remain skeptical.

On to religion. I wonder, are you one of these cultist members who try to pawn themselves off as a Christian but follow the leadership of someone other than Christ? Because you sound like the offended guilty in your post.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 13, 2012
FYI wrote:
The Patterson film has been verified as a hoax. Bon Herronous (sp?) was they guy on the suit. Oh and I believe in bigfoot, its just a big ape that hides well, migrates, and lives in unexplored place.(all hoaxes aside)
Sorry to take so long to respond. I have intended to several times but have not had the time when it came to mind.

Yes I was aware of the Patterson denial before I posted the link.

Did you watch the linked film? I just don't understand how they made the suit perform subcutaneous muscular striation movements during their day and lack of technology to produce such movements and those mammary glands sure add to the mysterious aspects of the film.

Very interesting stuff.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 4, 2012
Sunday, November 4, 2012 8:44am PST

Hikers take flight when what they thought was a bear resembles Bigfoot

By: Pete Thomas,
GrindTV.com

When the black bear you think you're looking at from a safe distance suddenly stands and begins to resemble bigfoot, and that creature stares directly at you, how do you react?

The hikers who captured the accompanying footage recently in Utah's Provo Canyon seemed to act appropriately: They bolted through the woods, with the camera still running, to get as far away from the creature as possible. "We ran straight to the car after that, leaving our tent and everything behind. It's probably all still up there," states Beard Card, the YouTube user who posted the video.

This is one of the more realistic Bigfoot escapades in some time.
continued..........

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/39929/hik...
Bigfoot-itis

Cookeville, TN

#17 Nov 5, 2012
I am skeptical, but will admit I have seen something in the woods that made me second guess what I believe.

But for the record...There has been verified DNA from an unknown primate species found in Northern California and Washington State. Enough evidence in fact, to make "bigfoot" a protected species in 2-3 North Western States and a Canadian province.
Squirrel

Jamestown, TN

#18 Nov 5, 2012
Please, describe your sighting of whatever you saw.

I myself have heard things "talking" to each other. It wasn't just 2 random animals calling each other. I was like 2 people having a conversation but not any human language. It was years ago during the winter, and it was late at night. Around 3 am. I can tell you what it wasn't, but not what it was.
local voter

Cookeville, TN

#19 Nov 6, 2012
were you in the woods at 3 am in the winter what for ?
Squirrel

Jamestown, TN

#20 Nov 6, 2012
I was inside the house and these things were close to the house. I was awake because of insomnia, so I heard them. It was cold at the time, just above freezing, and drizzling rain, so all our dogs and such were quiet. Had they been barking I would never have heard whatever it was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unpopular Opinion: Women shouldn't be preachers. 2 hr Mechanic_45 73
Driving drunk 3 hr Oldschool 3
Biker bar?? 11 hr Tom 6
Officer Arrested DUI 18 hr Chuckles 9
County executiive (Aug '15) Thu HandyMann56 39
Dragon Football Average At Best Thu What- me worry 7
Lilly Crisp Oct 18 Sam 1

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance