First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Mercy Me

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jan 30, 2013
So I hear that the State is once again trying to turn York back over to the county. There goes our taxes again.
thats right

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jan 30, 2013
they told the school to cut the buget but they spent more i hope they do and all the teachers layed off.
i agree

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 30, 2013
they are over paid at york they waste alot of money.
me too

Crossville, TN

#4 Jan 30, 2013
thats right wrote:
they told the school to cut the buget but they spent more i hope they do and all the teachers layed off.
Im guessing you dont have children there?
why

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jan 30, 2013
me too wrote:
<quoted text>Im guessing you dont have children there?
yes i do
Mercy Me

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Well it is not the teachers fault they spend to much money. And "thats right," who is going to teach the children. You? You did not even began your sentence with a capital letter.
why

Cookeville, TN

#7 Jan 30, 2013
you must be a teacher at york if so your over payed also.if so you suck !!
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#8 Jan 30, 2013
They have to get rid of the FAT.Get rid he people that are along for he pay check.
Kurtz

United States

#9 Jan 30, 2013
It's time the people of Fentress County pay their own way and stop asking the citizens of the entire state of Tennessee to pay for your high school.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Kurtz wrote:
It's time the people of Fentress County pay their own way and stop asking the citizens of the entire state of Tennessee to pay for your high school.
The state promised SGT York to always fund the school..A promise is a promise.
Mercy me

Livingston, TN

#11 Jan 30, 2013
"why" I am not a teacher anywhere, I would not do what they do for that small amount of pay. They never know when somebody might come in and shoot them.
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#12 Jan 30, 2013
GH
Good post but i would not hold my breath on that statement.A promise sometimes dont hold up.
been there

Cookeville, TN

#13 Jan 30, 2013
I have not taught at York, but I have taught in the public schools in Georgia. We made more money there than the teachers do here and we were grossly underpaid. I finally quit teacher and took a job in the private sector making 15% more than I did as a teacher. You obviously don't know what educated people make if they have a good job.
i agree wrote:
they are over paid at york they waste alot of money.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#14 Jan 30, 2013
woodchuck wrote:
GH
Good post but i would not hold my breath on that statement.A promise sometimes dont hold up.
You may very well be correct.
me too

Crossville, TN

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Kurtz wrote:
It's time the people of Fentress County pay their own way and stop asking the citizens of the entire state of Tennessee to pay for your high school.
OK then,The citizens of the state are tired of paying you to sit at home too!
why

Cookeville, TN

#16 Jan 31, 2013
been there wrote:
I have not taught at York, but I have taught in the public schools in Georgia. We made more money there than the teachers do here and we were grossly underpaid. I finally quit teacher and took a job in the private sector making 15% more than I did as a teacher. You obviously don't know what educated people make if they have a good job.
<quoted text>
i did not say they have a good job york teachers are paid more than the others in the county with the same amount of schooling.so when the county takes it over they will get a realty check.
woodchuck

Jamestown, TN

#17 Jan 31, 2013
Everybody should get paid te same .Just because they teach at york there no better then any one else.
why

Cookeville, TN

#18 Jan 31, 2013
woodchuck wrote:
Everybody should get paid te same .Just because they teach at york there no better then any one else.
thats what i say
sloopy

Cookeville, TN

#19 Jan 31, 2013
I bet you can't come up with statistics to back up that statement!!
why wrote:
<quoted text> i did not say they have a good job york teachers are paid more than the others in the county with the same amount of schooling.so when the county takes it over they will get a realty check.
why

Cookeville, TN

#20 Jan 31, 2013
sloopy wrote:
I bet you can't come up with statistics to back up that statement!!
<quoted text>
i know what im taiking about. The state got the w-2 mixed up and sent the teachers to the other state empolyes and i saw what they make so what the hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fentress county has the worst law that has ever... 23 min Hillary 65
Charlotte 1 hr You Got Trumped 9
yai bullies 1 hr Guest 6
Hot 9 hr riverstyx 4
Open letter to the County Commission 22 hr Feedback 627
cobalt Wed curious 1
Oliver Stone Says Banksters “Enabled” Hitler a... (Jan '10) Wed rabbi perfidy 5

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages