What do constables get paid by the co...

What do constables get paid by the commission?

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boycott

Columbia, SC

#1 Jan 13, 2012
Anyone know how much the commission gives them? I know they make money off of serving warrants and civil papers. Don't they get money for arrests as well? I would think that if I were a constable..I would support a bigger jail so I could make more money with arrests and such. Is that how they support themselves?
he he

Jamestown, TN

#2 Jan 13, 2012
Boycott wrote:
Anyone know how much the commission gives them? I know they make money off of serving warrants and civil papers. Don't they get money for arrests as well? I would think that if I were a constable..I would support a bigger jail so I could make more money with arrests and such. Is that how they support themselves?
GH should know all about this.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 13, 2012
he he wrote:
<quoted text>
GH should know all about this.
Go fish...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 13, 2012
Boycott wrote:
Anyone know how much the commission gives them? I know they make money off of serving warrants and civil papers. Don't they get money for arrests as well? I would think that if I were a constable..I would support a bigger jail so I could make more money with arrests and such. Is that how they support themselves?
You are much smarter than that..No matter if the jails are full or not,the law enforcement officers make arrests every day..Does not matter how full they are..If the court decides to let the people out as soon as they are arrested,does not affect the rate of arrests..With the jail being over 2 1/2 times the amount of prisoners allowed shows you that arrests continue no matter what.
Boycott

Columbia, SC

#5 Jan 13, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are much smarter than that..No matter if the jails are full or not,the law enforcement officers make arrests every day..Does not matter how full they are..If the court decides to let the people out as soon as they are arrested,does not affect the rate of arrests..With the jail being over 2 1/2 times the amount of prisoners allowed shows you that arrests continue no matter what.
Soooo...you haven't answered the question at hand... How are they paid? Supplements from the commission? Pay per arrest? Pay for serving papers? If I got paid for each arrest unlike a real police officer who is paid by the hour, then logically I would look for people to arrest to make more money...Maybe with a new courthouse..I might be able to work there for some extra money (if I were a constable)?
Boycott

Columbia, SC

#6 Jan 13, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go fish...
What..you know all about the prison system, treatment programs and their effectiveness, gps tracking, the average income of each inmate, construction, permitting, commercial vs jail zoning, law and everything else...for sure you would know about this topic?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 13, 2012
Boycott wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo...you haven't answered the question at hand... How are they paid? Supplements from the commission? Pay per arrest? Pay for serving papers? If I got paid for each arrest unlike a real police officer who is paid by the hour, then logically I would look for people to arrest to make more money...Maybe with a new courthouse..I might be able to work there for some extra money (if I were a constable)?
If I were a constable..lol Go fish..I looked into your other post and spoke with a friend of mine that is a constable,so here goes..They get paid on some arrests,but not all.Not by the county though..They are paid as part of the court costs,and only get paid when all of the court costs are paid..If the person never pays all the fines and court costs then the officer never gets paid..I hear a bit of sarcasm in your post..have a great evening.Hope you enjoy the fishing trip.

“ i have lost ”

Since: Mar 10

but heaven has gained

#8 Jan 13, 2012
I will come right out and ask are they on salary,fuel or mileage allowance,or however.GH i think you know so i am asking you.NO slam intended.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 13, 2012
ghostwriter1 wrote:
I will come right out and ask are they on salary,fuel or mileage allowance,or however.GH i think you know so i am asking you.NO slam intended.
Again I say go fish..But my conversation with my friend dealt with that also.No salary,but there is a small gas allowance that is given for all 5 constables to draw from..That was in exchange for all arrests made by them for warrants from other counties,and civil papers from other counties going to the general fund.Thanks for the no slam..Others seem to love to slam me but that is ok..I will still treat them with respect,and the info I give is as true as possible. I have enjoyed past debates with you and have enjoyed them very much.we do not always see eye to eye,but you are always polite.Thanks..Have a great evening.

“ i have lost ”

Since: Mar 10

but heaven has gained

#10 Jan 13, 2012
I will have to break the ice...........lol.I SLAM NOBODY BECAUSE I HAVE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROW EACH DAY.YOU HAVE A GOOD EVENING.

“ i have lost ”

Since: Mar 10

but heaven has gained

#11 Jan 13, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I say go fish..But my conversation with my friend dealt with that also.No salary,but there is a small gas allowance that is given for all 5 constables to draw from..That was in exchange for all arrests made by them for warrants from other counties,and civil papers from other counties going to the general fund.Thanks for the no slam..Others seem to love to slam me but that is ok..I will still treat them with respect,and the info I give is as true as possible. I have enjoyed past debates with you and have enjoyed them very much.we do not always see eye to eye,but you are always polite.Thanks..Have a great evening.
By the way it is none of my business who you are so the go fish does not apply here,it only seemed you were knowledgable about such info..........

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#12 Jan 13, 2012
ghostwriter1 wrote:
<quoted text>By the way it is none of my business who you are so the go fish does not apply here,it only seemed you were knowledgable about such info..........
Thank you again..I wish more people are like you,and realize that they have to look in the mirror..People can disagree on things,but do not need to call names and slam them..Have a great evening.
brewester the rooster

Norway, SC

#13 Jan 13, 2012


It looks like the hook has been set Ken I mean Green Hornet!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#14 Jan 13, 2012
brewester the rooster wrote:
It looks like the hook has been set Ken I mean Green Hornet!!
You are still fishing so late?.Have fun.
gotcha

Baxter, TN

#15 Jan 14, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still fishing so late?.Have fun.
Since you have all the answers, what is the required training to be a constable and make arrest? Who is responsible for their actions and if sued who foots the settlement bill?
Boycott

Columbia, SC

#16 Jan 14, 2012
Now I'm confused. Why would they get money from court costs? If they are getting that, then why would they get money from the county? Why don't they stop these payments and use them to fund the new jail? Here is another way we can pay for the shinny new building...Let the constables get money from serving papers..

Surley someone on here can tell me why they get all this money?
Boycott

Columbia, SC

#17 Jan 14, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were a constable..lol Go fish..I looked into your other post and spoke with a friend of mine that is a constable,so here goes..They get paid on some arrests,but not all.Not by the county though..They are paid as part of the court costs,and only get paid when all of the court costs are paid..If the person never pays all the fines and court costs then the officer never gets paid..I hear a bit of sarcasm in your post..have a great evening.Hope you enjoy the fishing trip.
I love fishing so much...gonna get me a big boat...spend my weekends just casting away...ahhh the peace of fishing..
Veritas

Rutherfordton, NC

#18 Jan 14, 2012
Boycott wrote:
<quoted text>
I love fishing so much...gonna get me a big boat...spend my weekends just casting away...ahhh the peace of fishing..
Fish this CHARTER GOVT. Survey.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jamestown-tn/ ...
tnhillbilly

Cookeville, TN

#19 Jan 14, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still fishing so late?.Have fun.
Fishin is fun!Some of the best times of my life were spent fishin with mom.Thought about writing a book about them but health has been bad.I think most would have liked mom if they knew her.Spending a day fishin with mom was great whether any fish were caught or not.
Annoyed

Pontiac, MI

#20 Apr 26, 2013
Wow, a whole thread devoted to not answering a question or even giving a rough answer other than it varies from place to place... No shit. Every job does!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chucky Cravens 29 min A mom 50
Is texting from a married man to a married woma... (Jun '08) 2 hr johnson1 170
Ken Hancock 3 hr Frustrated citizen 22
Christians, Earth is not 6,000 years old and in... 6 hr Green Hornet 007 116
Someone this webpage has nearly destroyed. 8 hr johnson1 12
Global Warming. Biggest Science Scandal Ever. (Feb '15) 18 hr johnson1 109
April buck/ Robert Densmore doing drugs at perd... Sat Missy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages