Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

good kid wrote:
I have went to south main strreet baptist since I was alive. Tommy Duncan should not be bashed nor should the church. This was supposed to be a good topic not one like the rest and bashing people. I dont think Becky Duncan should have got on here and ruined the whole thing. I looked at the first few and was proud to see it. Then looking on through i realize that people should not listen to gossip. I think it should be left in the Lord's hands on what happened at that church or between them and not getting everyone else involved. May God Bless All Of You!!!
Dear ????Good Kid,

First if you are going to call me by name, you should have put your name, don't be afraid.

Second, you are accusing me of starting the bashing, which is not true, you conveniently skppped over the post from Daisey on April 21st which started the bashing and basically stated the troublemakers were gone from South Main and you guys that are left are so glad. As stated in my original post, I don't know who Daisey is, but some others posters are stating Daisey AKA Colleen, that may be I don't know, when people want to make strong comments, but don't sign their name, what does that say? As for gossip, nothing I said in my post was gossip, it was true how I felt and nothing I said was a lie. But you think because "Daisey" is anonymous that it is OK for her to bash? After all you are still going to church with her and you didn't comment on her bashing.

Obviously you had to pick on someone and that someone turned out to be me. That's OK. Don't be afraid. Since I was such a huge stumbling block and hinderance, I'm sure that things will turn out perfect now, but I still say, "you people just don't know, you just don't know".

May God Bless, In Christian Love, Becky Duncan
Boomer

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Judged:

Help wrote:
Churches are alot like Noah's Ark, they have a lot of noisy stinky animals inside, but remember
the Ark was the only thing that stayed afloat when the true flood came. Jesus said on this rock I build My church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. If you are not happy and do not believe in the teachings of the church you attend there are 85 churches in Fentress county. Find a church where you can worship in peace and truth and don't worry about what others do. I have learned from experience that staying around to try and change others will only result in you and others being hurt. Godís Church will withstand anything Satan has to throw at it.
You are so right. As ugly as church may get sometimes God said for us to continue to come together and worship. Find a church where you can worship and move on with your life in Christ.

“You're braver than you believe”

Since: Mar 08

Jamestown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Judged:

I really hate that this thread has turned into a finger pointing, people bashing subject! I kinda liked it when we where all being nice to each other.......oh well!

God Be With Us All!
ask for forgiveness now

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Judged:

Some ppl on here just aren't happy until they manage to turn a thread into crap..talking about churches and their members..low low..how low can you go!

I will pray for you all..
Need to know

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

I would just like to appoligize to everyone for apparently starting a topic that has turned out so ugly, I have not got on here to read the comments that are being made because to be quite honest I am afraid to, when I do go searching for a church I feel is right for me I do not want all this bickering stuck in the back of my mind. But once again that you all for your help and I am truly sorry. I tried to stop it from the start but it just didnt work.
Need to know

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

once again thank you all...sorry for the typo
Hayley Roberts

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Nancy Drew wrote:
Well i'll be if it ain't big Colleen on here trying to start up something that was over a long time ago. Well since then I think almost everyone has moved on past this issue and it really ahocks me that you would bring this subject up again, but then again it doesn't because I mean look at your grandaughter,not exactly Miss. Goody-Too-Shoes...haha look I made a funny and maybe it will start that little gossip conversation about her again. GOD BLESS!!!!
Also, Sherlock I really like what you had to say and you really inspired me to comment. You should be President!
LOOK HERE NANCY DREW! My grandma HAS NOT BEEN ON THIS SITE IN A LONG TIME! SO I GUESS YOU ARE THROWING ROCKS JUST AS BAD AS EVERYONE ELSE BASHING! You know what Nancy Drew I am a young lady giving my name and I just wish you wouldnt hide behind your computer screen. You should be grown enough to put your name out here.Whats so sad is that your probably an adult talking about me and I am only in highschool. HAHA. your real cool. In your statement you wrote haha if it aint big colleen on here trying to start something that was along time ago.. then you turn around and say maybe that will start a lil gossip conversation about me again!.. your eating your own words. your bringing up an issue that was long ago. please GET A LIFE! and state YOUR NAME!.. I bet you anything that you wouldnt say something like that in person.

“You're braver than you believe”

Since: Mar 08

Jamestown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Need to know wrote:
once again thank you all...sorry for the typo
Its not your fault! I come here to talk about things going on in our city, county, state, church, school or whatever......just seems like there are certain ones that want to ruin it all. But, we must hold our heads up high and move on....thats the best way to be.
Hayley Roberts

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

....and nancy drew, I will be checking topix everyday because I am just so curious as to who you are! I do understand if you do not state your name though, that you are ashamed of what you said. I hope you do realize how hurtful that post was to me when I read it. I know I am not Miss Goody Two Shoes, but I have prayed and tryed hard to change! I will be keeping you in my prayers as well.
just reading through

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

watsmyname70 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not your fault! I come here to talk about things going on in our city, county, state, church, school or whatever......just seems like there are certain ones that want to ruin it all. But, we must hold our heads up high and move on....thats the best way to be.
AMEN!
delivered

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."(John 13:35) We are all guilty of not showing the love of Jesus like we should at times. We are human and we fall short and make mistakes. Now its time we start being doers of the word and not just hearers.
Caring Person

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

I just want to say that everone on this earth makes mistakes. No one has the right to talk about the other.No church sends you to Hell or Heven. That is why God didn't let man be our judge.God knows what is in everones heart.But to call people by name and try to just keep bashing them.A bunch of ladies names were put on here without call.Then to hit below the belt and start saying something about someones grandchild?We don't know what any of our family will do.We all sin. I think this topic needs to be removed.Everwhere you go people are talking about it.Everone go to the church of their choice this Sunday or maybe it would be better to just stay home and read your Bible.The main thing is to just trust in your Lord and he will see you thur your trials.
Loner

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Amen caring person!If someone doesn't have anything better to do than to bash a kid , thats sorry. They need to get out their Bible and not worry about someones church.Seek the Lord while he maybe found.
Hank

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Anyone that would use a child to get back at a family member is heartless.You must not have a child or you would know the love a parent feels for them.I know I don't live right, but I would never slander a kid.I hope someone puts your name public.
watsmyname70

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

There are NO perfect people! We are all human and make mistakes, I will be the first one to say that I have made many and Im not proud of any of them. But, I do try to learn from them and do better in my life. Thats how we grow and change.
Hank

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Watsmy name you sound like you know what your talking about.Everyone deserves a second chance.
good kid

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Becky Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear ????Good Kid,
First if you are going to call me by name, you should have put your name, don't be afraid.
Second, you are accusing me of starting the bashing, which is not true, you conveniently skppped over the post from Daisey on April 21st which started the bashing and basically stated the troublemakers were gone from South Main and you guys that are left are so glad. As stated in my original post, I don't know who Daisey is, but some others posters are stating Daisey AKA Colleen, that may be I don't know, when people want to make strong comments, but don't sign their name, what does that say? As for gossip, nothing I said in my post was gossip, it was true how I felt and nothing I said was a lie. But you think because "Daisey" is anonymous that it is OK for her to bash? After all you are still going to church with her and you didn't comment on her bashing.
Obviously you had to pick on someone and that someone turned out to be me. That's OK. Don't be afraid. Since I was such a huge stumbling block and hinderance, I'm sure that things will turn out perfect now, but I still say, "you people just don't know, you just don't know".
May God Bless, In Christian Love, Becky Duncan
I'm sorry I must have looked over the one that Daisey started bashing or pointing fingers, but i still feel that there were things you said that were untrue. And for those of you reading these i'm very sorry. I should not have said anything about a specific person. As once said "Great people talk about ideas, Normal people talk about things, Small-Minded people talk about other people." May God Be With You All.
watsmyname70

Allardt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Hank wrote:
Watsmy name you sound like you know what your talking about.Everyone deserves a second chance.
Thanks Hank, just try to do whats right and treat others like I wanna be treated.:)
Hank

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Judged:

This post needs to be removed though . When people want to get back at kids thats scary.There are 80 or more churches in this county surely a person can find one they like.Some people just like to find fault in others though.Tommy Duncan and Roger Choate are good guys though. Heck I guess they have had dealings with half the county and they wouldn't want a kid bashed.I may not be the best person, but I would be afraid the man upstairs would get me for downing some kid.Also everyone of us are equal in the sight of God.Get your Bibles out people.
ccc

Bloomington Springs, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

Need to know wrote:
Thanks for everyones information so far, I appericate all of your comments, to answer some questions, yes I do have a young child, the music...I prefer the good old gospel but I feel Im not just there for the music though (I'm sure you know what I mean). I am a baptist but that is how I was raised so I really dont know anything about other religions, I havent been to church regular since a child so it does scare me at some point to do this (I kinda feel like a child starting a new school) but anyway I know what I am going to church for and I want to be able to feel comfortable where I go. I want to be able to come home after words and know and understand exactly what I was told that day. I'm sure alot of you know what I am trying to say, I dont really feel right about jumping from one church to another I would like to be settled into one. But I do know anyone has to find whats right for them. And I have ask the Lord to guide me to the right one so maybe I will find the right one soon. Once again thank you all and hopefully I cant find the right one for me and maybe see some of you in church next Sunday.
hello need to know, i would like to invite you to join us at central union baptist church on pickett park rd by the fire hall. it is a little country church where everyone welcomes you with open arms and the spirit is heavy there. we have lots of children and would like to have you and your child with us. sunday school 10:00 am church 11:00 am sunday evening 6:00 pm wednesday 7:oo pm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Jamestown Forum right now

Search the Jamestown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min WTSenior 140,875
Who do you support for Sheriff in 2014? 6 hr Wow 644
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 10 hr Zeke 8,946
TR Record /Overton 11 hr ooklathemok 23
walmart hiring 15 hr WinterRose 1
Joe Carr or Lamar Alexander 15 hr Mechanic_45 14
what a..... 18 hr Just a bystander 2
Local election thoughts Wed Correct 95
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jamestown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000