Good place to go to church?
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Columbia, SC

#206 Oct 8, 2008
Old Frogge Chapel Church is a good old country Church also, It's small and has like 15 people that attend it. The preacher is Jerry Owens, He's a good preacher. Come join us Sunday Morning at 10 o'clock it is located on Reed's Creek Road in Pall Mall Tennessee. Turn left right before u get to the old Pall Mall School house.

“walk a mile in my shoes~”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#207 Oct 8, 2008
tnhillbilly wrote:
I dont thing pantsd orv mini-skirtsc should be worn in churcr our of respect of Jesusd Christ.A true Christian would not do so.I have a lot of respect for women that wear dresses all the time.If a person wears a dress to church they should also wear a dress while not in church.I know it is the heart that matters but the outword appearance comes from within.God encouages us to dress modest.God says for each of us to work out our own salvation but people leave out with fear and trembling.
Where in the Bible does it talk about what you should wear to church? I think if all you have is a pair of overalls, that as Christians we should welcome that person and embrace their heart not their clothing!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#208 Oct 8, 2008
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus," (Gal. 3:28).
This verse is often used to support the idea that women can hold the offices of elder and pastor because there is neither male nor female in Christ. The argument states that if we are all equal, then women can be pastors.
Unfortunately, those who use this verse this way have failed to read the context. Verse 23 talks about being under the Law "before faith came" and how we are brought closer to Jesus and have become sons of God by faith. We are no longer under law, but grace and we are "Abraham's offspring, heirs according to the promise," (v. 29).(2) The point of this passage is that we are all saved by God's grace according to the promise of God and that it doesn't matter who you are, Jew, Greek, slave, free, male, or female. All are saved the same way, by grace. In that, there is neither male nor female.
This verse is not talking about church structure. It is talking about salvation "in Christ." It cannot be used to support women as pastors because that isn't what it is talking about. Instead, to find out about church structure and leadership, you need to go to those passages that talk about it: 1 Timothy 2 and Titus 1.
you forgot

Cosby, TN

#209 Oct 8, 2008
tnhillbilly wrote:
I dont thing pantsd orv mini-skirtsc should be worn in churcr our of respect of Jesusd Christ.A true Christian would not do so.I have a lot of respect for women that wear dresses all the time.If a person wears a dress to church they should also wear a dress while not in church.I know it is the heart that matters but the outword appearance comes from within.God encouages us to dress modest.God says for each of us to work out our own salvation but people leave out with fear and trembling.
tnhillbilly you forgot your motto on this post.
"Piece to those willing to pay for it"
tnhillbilly

Cosby, TN

#210 Oct 8, 2008
you forgot wrote:
<quoted text>
tnhillbilly you forgot your motto on this post.
"Piece to those willing to pay for it"
RE:It was late but Peace to those willing to FIGHT for it.You misspelled peace and used pay for fight.Do you think a Christian should wear pants and mini-skirts?I only hope that God can forgive me of my sins and let me in to heaven as i have a mother whom i would lovbe to see and i know where she is.You may have known my mom,Clara Jo Ward.She gave God all the credit for all the good things she had dome.I get teary eyed when talking about her .God help us all.Peace to those willing tofight for it.

Since: Apr 11

Chesterfield, MO

#212 Apr 4, 2011
Member wrote:
You are invited to come worship with us at Morning Star Baptist Church. We are 3 miles east of Allardt (coming from Jamestown). Very small church, Bro. Billy Mitchell is our pastor, he teaches from the KJV Bible. Sunday School at 10AM, evening services at 6:00, Wed. service at 6:30. Hope to see you soon, you'll be our special guest.
Strongly recommend this church where truth of Christ and redemption with the blood of Christ is the only way unto salvation. I have sat in Bro. Mitchell's services many times, he is a true man of God, teaching from the Word of God (KJV) and not compromising the truth. Only by the blood of Christ and forgiveness of our sins, "Ye must be born, again".

Chesterfield, MO

#213 Apr 4, 2011
Need to know wrote:
I dont want to turn this into a deep religious topic, I'm just would like some opinion's on the best place to go to church. I am at that point in my life I would really like to turn things around and I need to know a good place to do so. A place that will welcome you with arms open and not judge you as you come through the door. I have nothing against the bigger churchs, I would just prefer the smaller ones, any help would be greatly appericated. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
I have visited Jamestown, TN, many, many times and have visited churches there in search of true forgiveness and salvation for my soul. To find a church where the truth of God is not compromised and a holy union/salvation between a person and Christ is first-most and deliberate, I can fervently recommend three churches. The White Pine's church is so tiny, where true children of God will be found and members will never try to interfer in alter prayer between you and the Lord. The Reverend Ray Smith, a true, born-again child of God who really knows the Lord, is a member there. Morning Star is another church I strongly recommend, the Rev. Billy Mitchell used to preach there and is now a member. They preach true redemption by the blood of Christ, as well, and the truth is not compromised. I can't remember the name of the third church, as I am not from that area, but have been to all these churches more times than I can remember, is in Allardt, where Rev. Arthur Nance and son Doyle Nance preach. These churches preach truth, without compromise. They do not try to drag you to the alter or interfer between you and the Lord. They want God to deal with you in true Holy Ghost conviction to seek salvation, they all know that people can not save you, only God. I hope that my message has helped someone and I know that these are rare places where truth of spiritual redemption through a living God is preached and without compromise. By HIS mercy and grace, I've visited these churches for 32 years, now, praise God.

Chesterfield, MO

#215 Apr 4, 2011
I have visited Jamestown, TN, many, many times and have visited churches there in search of true forgiveness and salvation for my soul. To find a church where the truth of God is not compromised and a holy union/salvation between a person and Christ is first-most and deliberate, I can fervently recommend three churches. The White Pine's church is so tiny, where true children of God will be found and members will never try to interfer in alter prayer between you and the Lord. The Reverend Ray Smith, a true, born-again child of God who really knows the Lord, is a member there. Morning Star is another church I strongly recommend, the Rev. Billy Mitchell used to preach there and is now a member. They preach true redemption by the blood of Christ, as well, and the truth is not compromised. I can't remember the name of the third church, as I am not from that area, but have been to all these churches more times than I can remember, is in Allardt, where Rev. Arthur Nance and son Doyle Nance preach. These churches preach truth, without compromise. They do not try to drag you to the alter or interfer between you and the Lord. They want God to deal with you in true Holy Ghost conviction to seek salvation, they all know that people can not save you, only God. I hope that my message has helped someone and I know that these are rare places where truth of spiritual redemption through a living God is preached and without compromise. By HIS mercy and grace, I've visited these churches for 32 years, now, praise God.
Linda Neal Crabtree

Whitley City, KY

#216 Oct 29, 2012
whiskers17 wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Linda Neal Crabtree. I live in Pine Knot, Ky. My family has sung in Jamestown many times and many years ago. We used to travel a lot with Bro. Billy Mitchell and sang many times in Bro. Jr. Nance's churcdh, which the name of it is The Bible Holiness Mission. Have wonderful memories of those times. Just found out about Bro. Nance's passing. So sd to hear the news.
caring

Baxter, TN

#217 Nov 1, 2012
i go to tinch town free will baptish brother jone is a great human being you are more than welcome to come you will be wellcome with open arms we dont judge any one god loves you and your child so if you want to talk im here god bless you and your little one
need teacher

Livingston, TN

#218 Nov 9, 2012
caring wrote:
i go to tinch town free will baptish brother jone is a great human being you are more than welcome to come you will be wellcome with open arms we dont judge any one god loves you and your child so if you want to talk im here god bless you and your little one
That is one long sentence!! Thanks for the invitation to your church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katie B 1 hr Surprised 9
Dragon Football Average At Best 1 hr The Fallen Angel 6
Walmart 1 hr Tenn 1
Poll Should men trim their pubic area (Apr '11) 3 hr tom 82
cc 4 hr Yep 3
wreck on jonesville road yesterday 17 hr wondering 3
White trash 19 hr Trash patrol 1

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance