Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments (Page 372)

Showing posts 7,421 - 7,440 of8,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

lickname wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad analogy.. Would you be in favor of a government official standing on every street corner to hold your hand so you can walk across the street? Remember, it is the safer way to go.
Yet, you would complain if _EVERY TIME_ you took your car on the road, 20 people jumped on it and each sued you for hitting them with your car.

YOU are at risk if OTHER PEOPLE behave badly.

THAT is why we have a government, to protect the CITIZEN who is behaving correctly from the citizens who are behaving incorrectly.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

why wrote:
<quoted text> The government has relaxed the definition of Autism to the point that almost all children could be labeled. Autistic children can be above average in intelligence, and are determined by a psychologist. Many of you reading this might qualify. Just another way of working a teacher's a** off with more paperwork and county money for supplies.
First of all, the "government" doesn't decide what is or isn't autism. That is determined by doctors.

Second of all, you are mistaking the _ACTUALLY_ definition for autism with what people like _YOU_ make up on the internet.

Third, this has NOTHING to do with teachers and paperwork. It has to do with converging various diagnoses which are similar into a group which covers them. So, instead of 1 autistic kid, 1 retarded kid, 1 social anxiety kid, and 1 catatonic, we now have 4 kids on the autism spectrum.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
My response to Nuggy was that he always claims that no matter who says anything that goes against what he says, as how things are, do not have their facts correct, got it from a stupid source, or you are simply stupid.
Not always, but in your case - yes. That's because _YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT_.

As if evident from your claim that 80% of the public is Autistic and that faith healers from the Dark Ages are the same as modern medical doctors.

You simply don't have a clue.
Everything he puts out there as truth is all Government, big business, Big Pharma talk, while he claims they are all truthful, a good source and therefore he must be brilliant.
So, your claim is that all of these things are always 100% lying. So, if I tell you my zipcode which I got "from the Government", then it must be someone else's zipcode because the government _ALWAYS_ lies.

Get a grip.
I was stating as with the big tale of the WMDs all these things happened, which were true, from those same sources he claims have all the correct answers and are the ultimate.
Jackass. The Vice President of the US does not determine medical diagnostic practices.

Honestly, did you attend even ONE year of school?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I ask, what do y'all think an individual is capable of doing for themselves?
You and Nuggy sound very authoritarian.
And, I say, WHO WILL WATCH THE WATCHERS? The watchers are simply other individuals who watch other individuals and get paid for it.
They also, usually, have very big egos. Yep, that would be Freud
You are free to do ANYTHING which endangers YOUR life but does NOT endanger the lives of OTHER PEOPLE.

If you want to go swimming in the ocean wearing lead weights, feel free.

If you want to randomly attached lead weights to other people who are trying to swim, you can't.

If you fail to get vaccinated you are recklessly endangering the lives of other citizens.
Someone

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need to read more on Freud and throw in Maslow, Fromm, Horney, ect, they all speak of ego inflation.
I am not arguing that driving in ways that are not safe is unreasonable.
You can create a society based on fear of punishment or based on a deep regard for life.
If you chose punishment you need watchers if you respect life and therefore the safety of others and oneself the self is always there watching itself.
It is a shame we prefer fear for control.
This is authoritarian thinking. You can check out those same folks above on this one.
You need to read with more understanding.
Ego inflation is a mistaken state of the psychic. That is not the same as Freud's ego--one part of the three part structure of his model of the psychic.
Egoism itself is the notion that one cannot (or) will not sacrifice ones own interest for the sake of another.
Freud et al are personality theorists, not social philosophers. You would do better to refer to Hayek or His disciple Sowell.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The "establishment" also says that you need to breath to survive.
Do you doubt EVERYTHING that the "establishment" says? Or do you think maybe you can separated out the work of Galen from 2000+ years ago and something that Dick Cheney said 10 years ago?
Yep, pretty much doubt what they say. Cheney? How about Obama, Clinton, Bayer, Monsanto, Baxter, etc. You believe liars do you? Most politicians are self serving puppets for the money masters. You think the NDAA is cool? How about the spy kingdom.
After Bayer sells contaminated drugs, killing thousands, full well knowing they would kill, and the FDA looks the other way, and you put your trust in that kind of company run by those kind of people. How about Merck's wonder drug Viox, which they knew caused heart attacks, sold a few billion. paid a few million in fines, do you have faith in that kind of behavior? Do you think this is right
How about Merck's lies on their mumps vaccine do you like liars?
Come on this crap goes on and on and you say I'm the fool when I do not trust those who are not to be trusted because they pull this stuff over and over.
How about the Banksters? Obama was going to go after them. Sure. What is this, lie number 25 or 26.Lose track?
I want to know why you trust this kind of behavior and think you are the clever one.
Jackass.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to do ANYTHING which endangers YOUR life but does NOT endanger the lives of OTHER PEOPLE.
If you want to go swimming in the ocean wearing lead weights, feel free.
If you want to randomly attached lead weights to other people who are trying to swim, you can't.
If you fail to get vaccinated you are recklessly endangering the lives of other citizens.
If the damn shot works then one does not have to worry about what someone else does or doesn't do. Your herd theory is BS so go chase some buffalo if you want herd crap.
Vaccinated kids are contaminating other kids.
I believe Dr. Sherry Tenpenny, Dr. Mercola, Dr. Russell Blaylock, Dr Hileman (Merck Scientist) when he said the polio vaccines were contaminated with cancer, he also stated we were all contaminated with mycoplasma from bio-warfare experiments that the CDC was also involved in.
I do not believe what the people you believe in say. They have proved themselves over and over to not be worthy of my trust.

Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackass, you are citing faith healers as an example why REAL medicine is wrong?!
Faith healing is ALSO magic.
Further Oestipaths are NOT "herbal healers". Herbal healers are naturopaths and basically offer medicine which is untested, unrefined, full of contaminants, unmeasured and unscreened for potential interactions.
You know "safe".
The magic faith healers you are crowing about were the MDs. They evidently burned their competition at the stake.
Instead of cloves to deal with the tooth issue, the fine MDs wrote that on the jaw of their patients.
MDs did this my friend.
Try reading "One hundred and fifty years of expert advice to women" The back ground of medicine was explained.
I didn't say osteopaths were herbal healers.
Herbal medicine has been used for thousands of years and they are not contaminated with SV40 cancer like the Polio vaccine. Or contaminated with aids like Bayer's wonder drugs were.
With 789,00 deaths a year from our great modern medicine,
where are all the dead bodies from sage?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read with more understanding.
Ego inflation is a mistaken state of the psychic. That is not the same as Freud's ego--one part of the three part structure of his model of the psychic.
Egoism itself is the notion that one cannot (or) will not sacrifice ones own interest for the sake of another.
Freud et al are personality theorists, not social philosophers. You would do better to refer to Hayek or His disciple Sowell.
Ego inflation is a mistaken state of the psychic?
You mean like crystal balls and psychic readings?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, pretty much doubt what they say.
So you don't think you need to breathe air to survive.

Prove it.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
If the damn shot works then one does not have to worry about what someone else does or doesn't do. Your herd theory is BS so go chase some buffalo if you want herd crap.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

This is why people like you shouldn't be allowed to have a vote. You're just trying to ruin it for the rest of the world.

Just shut up, make the french fries and die.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
The magic faith healers you are crowing about were the MDs.
So me where in the AMA they advocate writing "Jesus bless you" on a bone and sticking it in someone's mouth.

That's not coming from science, that's coming from the church.

Here's the big clue: THEY USE THE WORD JESUS

Now, if you hate the establishment so much, give us back the computer and go pray one up for yourself out of God juice.
uh huh

Wartburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the "government" doesn't decide what is or isn't autism. That is determined by doctors.
Second of all, you are mistaking the _ACTUALLY_ definition for autism with what people like _YOU_ make up on the internet.
Third, this has NOTHING to do with teachers and paperwork. It has to do with converging various diagnoses which are similar into a group which covers them. So, instead of 1 autistic kid, 1 retarded kid, 1 social anxiety kid, and 1 catatonic, we now have 4 kids on the autism spectrum.
Nuggin, you are smarter than that. I have read your writings and enjoyed your thought, but the government set the conditions to which a child can be recognized. Now get your sorry a** to a school and watch just one I.E.P. being formed. You evidently are one of these talkers that have never been there. I make it a habit not to badmouth anyone, but Sir you fit into the dumb a** category. The rest of your post prove my point. I have very little education, but being an aide let me see. You need to volunteer a day or two.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think you need to breathe air to survive.
Prove it.
DOs say you need to breathe. Faith healers say you need to breathe. Donald Duck and Pluto know that you have to breathe. Everyone knows you have to breath.
To prove it you put a plastic bag over you head and see what happens. You'll croak every time.
Try it you'll like it. Jackass.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So me where in the AMA they advocate writing "Jesus bless you" on a bone and sticking it in someone's mouth.
That's not coming from science, that's coming from the church.
Here's the big clue: THEY USE THE WORD JESUS
Now, if you hate the establishment so much, give us back the computer and go pray one up for yourself out of God juice.
Where in the hell did I say these MDs put Jeasus stuff on a bone and stuck it in some ones mouth?
I said (now take a deep breath and relax)the MDs at that time, after the healers were toasted, and cloves weren't on the new agenda, and they didn't know what the hell to do, they wrote" in the name of the father, the son, and the holy ghost," (I'm not sure if they added Amen to that statement) across the jaw, on the outside of the person's face,in the jaw area, over where the tooth problem was.
Got That?
Pray one up for myself you say?
I am an Atheist.

Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you are talking about.
This is why people like you shouldn't be allowed to have a vote. You're just trying to ruin it for the rest of the world.
Just shut up, make the french fries and die.
I did not vote this time Jackass. I could not vote,in good conscience, one more time for these lying fools.
OH My are we a little ticked off there fella?
I don't eat the fries I do "thee" organic sweets.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always, but in your case - yes. That's because _YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT_.
As if evident from your claim that 80% of the public is Autistic and that faith healers from the Dark Ages are the same as modern medical doctors.
You simply don't have a clue.
<quoted text>
So, your claim is that all of these things are always 100% lying. So, if I tell you my zipcode which I got "from the Government", then it must be someone else's zipcode because the government _ALWAYS_ lies.
Get a grip.
<quoted text>
Jackass. The Vice President of the US does not determine medical diagnostic practices.
Honestly, did you attend even ONE year of school?
Where did I say, Jackass, that the Vice President, determined medical diagnostic practices? I said WMDs(Weapons of Mass Destruction) not MDs.
You been drinkin boy?
Someone

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Ego inflation is a mistaken state of the psychic?
You mean like crystal balls and psychic readings?
"psychic" is a typo: The intended word is "psyche".(I don't do well with a tablet keyboard).

Since: Aug 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

http://www.thedailybell.com/29287/Investors-B...

Article is well written and informative.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nuggin, you are smarter than that. I have read your writings and enjoyed your thought, but the government set the conditions to which a child can be recognized.
The DSM is the manual that dictates the definitions and criteria for disorders.

The DSM is put out by the American Psychiatric Association which is a collection of professionals.

The APA is _NOT_ a Government agency. At all.

Therefore the GOVERNMENT does _NOT_ determine the definitions and criteria for various mental afflictions.

The rest of your post was just you claiming that the above is false. It's not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,421 - 7,440 of8,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Jamestown Forum right now

Search the Jamestown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Vote TR In as sheriff, just for kids? 3 min showdog 8
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min Hell O 138,435
disgusted with DHS 1 hr Friends 7
Our Sheriff,His Wife and His "Female Friend" 3 hr upset parent 58
Who do you support for Sheriff in 2014? 6 hr Voter 612
Local election thoughts 13 hr Truth teller 33
Paul Crouch for Judge 14 hr taxpayer 109
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jamestown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000