First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

jamestown

#1 Mar 10, 2008
How do the people of fentress county and workers of i.o.i feel about the way it is run?
carefree

Norway, SC

#2 Mar 10, 2008
Honestly, I believe IOI cares about the individual's within this community with developmental disability. It takes a certain type of person to be in the field and deal with all of the paperwork! But, in the end your making a difference in people's lives and seeing them grow as individuals and that makes it all worth the headache.
snowman12345

Jamestown, TN

#3 Mar 12, 2008
Well i think ioi sucks. Since ioi has took over 3 years ago i have seen first hand how the health of the individuals has changed. Ive seen patiants that were healthy and now are either overweight or on drugs to sedate them. The people that run things at the center are all in it for the money, and most of them are on drugs. IOI NEEDS TO BE RUN OUT OF THE COUNTY ABD SOME OTHER COMPANY RUN IT THAT CARES FOR THE INDIVIDUALS.
uh-oh

Columbia, SC

#4 Mar 12, 2008
snowman12345 wrote:
Well i think ioi sucks. Since ioi has took over 3 years ago i have seen first hand how the health of the individuals has changed. Ive seen patiants that were healthy andnow are either overweight or on drugs to sedate them. The people that run things at the center are all in it for the money, and most of them are on drugs. IOI NEEDS TO BE RUN OUT OF THE COUNTY ABD SOME OTHER COMPANY RUN IT THAT CARES FOR THE INDIVIDUALS.
You should be careful, that's character defamation (aka slander)! And I'm also sure that the corporation at IOI has the monetary funds to have your ip address traced, which is a possibility when they find out about you're statement.. just so that you can state your claim/accusations properly to them face to face. Your statement makes reference to a place of business not a person or a group of people.
The company of IOI is evaluated and held accountable to state and federal regulated policies and standards. I'm positive that if things were as you say that they are, IOI would not be allowed to continuing caring for individuals in the community. IOI is a company that operates these type of agencies across the US, not just in lil 'ol Jamestown.
Honestly, you sound like a disgruntled employee who was probably fired.
CONSERED

Rowesville, SC

#5 Mar 12, 2008
well let me tell all of you ioi is a company that is non profit right well i am a frist hand eye wittiness they can and should trace my ip address as i have seen untold amounts of abuse by this company not just in jamestown but all through out the state and lets not forget our elected officals mr john b mullinex county excutive mr john mark windle and apponited offical mr steve norris who took challengers inc out why????????? no one has evere stated and those records on why it was closed have never been made public and trust me i have called all the way to nashville an d.c when u try to report abuse the company is notifed and it has been were a report as been turned over to the company by dmrs and the claims range from physical verbal sexually and mental abuse and lets talk about the staff at the office i have seen them drinking snorting pills having sex all on company time and lest not forget hippa the company tells anyone about the abused and the abbuser but time after time no one get fired or crimanal charges filled WHY HAS THE PEOPLE OF FENTRESS COUNTY ALLOWED THIS WERE IS YOUR DEDICATION TO THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTY
uh-oh

Columbia, SC

#6 Mar 12, 2008
CONSERED wrote:
well let me tell all of you ioi is a company that is non profit right well i am a frist hand eye wittiness they can and should trace my ip address as i have seen untold amounts of abuse by this company not just in jamestown but all through out the state and lets not forget our elected officals mr john b mullinex county excutive mr john mark windle and apponited offical mr steve norris who took challengers inc out why????????? no one has evere stated and those records on why it was closed have never been made public and trust me i have called all the way to nashville an d.c when u try to report abuse the company is notifed and it has been were a report as been turned over to the company by dmrs and the claims range from physical verbal sexually and mental abuse and lets talk about the staff at the office i have seen them drinking snorting pills having sex all on company time and lest not forget hippa the company tells anyone about the abused and the abbuser but time after time no one get fired or crimanal charges filled WHY HAS THE PEOPLE OF FENTRESS COUNTY ALLOWED THIS WERE IS YOUR DEDICATION TO THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTY
Let me repeat myself...
You should be careful, that's character defamation (aka slander)! And I'm also sure that the corporation at IOI has the monetary funds to have your ip address traced, which is a possibility when they find out about you're statement.. just so that you can state your claim/accusations properly to them face to face. Your statement makes reference to a place of business not a person or a group of people.
The company of IOI is evaluated and held accountable to state and federal regulated policies and standards. I'm positive that if things were as you say that they are, IOI would not be allowed to continuing caring for individuals in the community. IOI is a company that operates these type of agencies across the US, not just in lil 'ol Jamestown.
Honestly, you sound like a disgruntled employee who was probably fired.
As I have stated before, if there was truth in your allegations, I'm positive that the company would not be in business.
CONSERED ALLERT ALLERT

Jamestown, TN

#7 Mar 12, 2008
lets talk abuse
one claim and confrimed
pt of ioi is a sex offender pt is approved by dmrs for 2 on 1 staff at all time pt becomes temproly disabbled IOI reduces staff without dmrs approvle pt also has history of veary sever physical abbuse to others and himself incendt happens drms hotline is called IOI is fined by state and 2 staff on 1 is resumed why has a company like this allowed in the county why are they not held responsible what if when the one staff member was only there lets say pt attacks staff knocking them out pt is in an area were childern live saff is out cold child out playing pt physicaly and sexualy attacks child playing who is resopinseable i cant spell well youn may think IOI or even the state well I THINK THE PEOPLE OF FENTRESS COUNTY ARE WHY?????????? MOST OF YOU WELL NOT STAND UP AND GET THIS COMPANY OUT
CONSERED ALLERT ALLERT

Jamestown, TN

#8 Mar 12, 2008
WELL LETS TALK ELECTED OFFICALS MEET WITH IOI AND ITS NOT A ;PUBLIC MEETING ITS HELD AT A LOCAL REASTURANT IN A PRIVATE DINNING ROOM THERE IS A LAW I THINK IS CALLED THE SUNSHINE LAW THAT PROBITS ELECTED OFFICALS MEETING WITH A TAX RECIPENT WITHOUT NOTIFING THE PUBLIC AND BY ALL MEANS TRCE MY IP ADDRESS AT LAST THEY WILL HAVE TO GO TO COURT TO GET MY ADDRESS EVEN THOUGH ITS CIVIL COURT THEY NEED TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE
CONSERED ALLERT ALLERT

Jamestown, TN

#9 Mar 12, 2008
LET ME STATE THIS THE CURRENT CIVIL JUDGE WAS AT ONE TIME THE ATTY FOR IOI
Responding

Norway, SC

#10 Mar 13, 2008
CONSERED wrote:
I definitely think you are an old employee...that was probably fired!(was it for abuse, neglect or exploitation..or due to a positive drug screening?)And Challengers was taken out for good reason. If you would read the Fentress Courier..you would know why because they made it ALL public knowledge. And your details concerning the individual's and there staffing, you are definitely confused on the issue and should have your facts straight before making all the allegations, it's evident you don't know what you are talking about. You should also consider the hippa violations if you are discussing someone you used to work with. And as far as the office staff using drugs, alcohol and having sex on company time..I think your confused on that as well...that sounds more like the company before IOI. And atleast IOI does random drug screenings on all employees ...including office personal!
Responding

Norway, SC

#11 Mar 13, 2008
Gosh..this is getting funny...let me set you straight..You are confused AGAIN! The GENERAL SESSIONS JUDGE..was once the attorney for CHALLENGERS...not IOI!
CONSERED ALLERT ALLERT wrote:
LET ME STATE THIS THE CURRENT CIVIL JUDGE WAS AT ONE TIME THE ATTY FOR IOI
CONSERED ALLERT ALLERT

Jamestown, TN

#12 Mar 13, 2008
WELL LET ME SET YOU STRAIGHT I HAVE A LEGAL DOCUMENT WERE AS IT STATES FROM THE OFFICE OF THIS ATTY ON IOI HE WORKED BOTH FOR CHALLENGERS AND IOI BEFORE BEING ELECTED THE MEETING I REFER TO HE WAS THERE AS ATTY FOR BOTH COMPANYS AS HIPPA GOES I NEVER STATED MALE OR FEMALE NO NAMES AND READ THE STATE OF TN AUDIT WHICH IS PUBLIC RECORD AND YOU CAN GO TO IOI OF JAMESTOWN TN AND THEY MUST PROVIDE YOU WITH THIS IF NOT THEY ARE IN VOLITATION OF THE LAW AND WHAT ABOUT WHEN I CALLED THE CENTER AND ASKED FOR THE MAIN OFFICE IN OK IT WAS DENIED TO ME THE PEOPLE I SPOKE WITH TOLD ME THEY COULD NOT GIVE THE NUMBER OUT DUE TO COMPANY POLICE I INFORMED THEM THEY WERE BREAKING STATE AND FEDERAL LAW I WAS DENIED THE NUMBER I LATER THAT DAY REACHED THE HOME OFFICE WERE I INFORMED THEM ABOUT THE PHONE NUMBER PROBLEM THEY AGREED WITH ME AND APPOLIGEZED FOR THIS AND STATED TO ME THIS WOULD BE ADDRESS 2 DAYS LATER I CALLED THE JAMESTOWN OFFICE AND ASKED FOR THE NUMBER I RECIVED IT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS I CALLED THE DMRS HOTLINE FOR ABUSE TO GET THE NUMBER THOSE ARE SOME WHAT PUBLIC RECORD PLEASE CALL DRMS AND IOI IT HAPPENED IN LATE NOV OR EARLY DEC

AND IF YOU NEW THE LAW I MADE NO PHYSICAL THERAT TO ANY PERSON WHO HAS DEALINGS WITH IOI AND TO GET AN IP ADDRESS THAT HAS NO PHYSICAL THEREAT IT GOES BEFORE A CIVIL COURT NOT GENERAL SESSIONS BY ALL MEANS TRACE MY IP ADDRESS THEY HAVE TO GO TO COURT AT LAST AND I HAVE SEEN DRINKING BY CHALLENGERS BUT THAT WAS AT AN OFFICE HOLIDAY PARTY WAY AFTER HOURS THE LOCAL NEWS PAPER JUST STATED THAT CHALLENGERS WAS BEING CLOSED BUT THERE REFERENCE TO WHY COULD NEVER BE PROVEN BY DRMS SECY STATE OFFICE TN OR THE GOVNERS OFFICE OF TN OR ANY ELECTED OFFICAILS I HAVE RESPONSE TO THE REQUEST I MADE TO THESE DEPT STATING NO RECORDS OR CHARGES WERE FILLED CIVIL OR CRIMINAL THE DAY THAT THE STATE CAME TO JAMESTOWN TO INTRODUCE IOI IT WAS POINTED OUT THAT CHALLENGERS INC HAD 6 MILLION IN ASSETS THAT WOULD BE GIVE TO CHARITY THE OFFICE OF SECY OF STATE WAS TO BE IN CONTROL OF THIS AND MEET WITH THE BORD OF CHALLENGERS AS TO DATE NO MONEY FROM CHALLENGERS AS GONE TO CHARITY
TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

Saluda, SC

#13 Mar 13, 2008
Well,I dont know if either of you know what you are talking about or not,but ya'll is funny any way.But about the drug screening that IOI does,it is apparently NOT your normal screening.For example,my sister-in-law worked(past-tense)there and was "tested" for drugs and passed.Two days eariler she failed one that was court ordered for mary-jane.Now any body that knows anything about pot knows that it stays in your system for 27-33 days.She admitted to smoking 1 week eariler before the IOI screening.And yes,pot was one one of the drugs tested for.Bad test?Good boss?iah,just lucky i guess!!And sure,she dosent work there now,but it was her doing,she quit.And buy the way,pot wasnt the only thing tested for buy the court,and she failed them to.And I'm not badmouthing IOI,I'm just stating the truth as SHE told it to me.Not upholding for her,but damn sure not upholding for them either!!YA'LL HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!
just to let you know

Columbia, SC

#14 Mar 15, 2008
TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE wrote:
Well,I dont know if either of you know what you are talking about or not,but ya'll is funny any way.But about the drug screening that IOI does,it is apparently NOT your normal screening.For example,my sister-in-law worked(past-tense)there and was "tested" for drugs and passed.Two days eariler she failed one that was court ordered for mary-jane.Now any body that knows anything about pot knows that it stays in your system for 27-33 days.She admitted to smoking 1 week eariler before the IOI screening.And yes,pot was one one of the drugs tested for.Bad test?Good boss?iah,just lucky i guess!!And sure,she dosent work there now,but it was her doing,she quit.And buy the way,pot wasnt the only thing tested for buy the court,and she failed them to.And I'm not badmouthing IOI,I'm just stating the truth as SHE told it to me.Not upholding for her,but damn sure not upholding for them either!!YA'LL HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!
Take it from someone that works at the hospital, with this company the drug screenings are very thorough and in no way can be tampered with. If your sister in law is only a causal "smoker" of pot it wouldn't stay in her system for the specified time period. I would probably call it luck on her behalf!

I see the patients and the staff that work with them out in the community all the time. And they always seem so happy! I say this company is doing a great job!

“Hoodedclownprinc e is Insane!!!”

Since: Feb 08

Lower Price Hill

#15 Mar 16, 2008
At this time how the community feels is totally irrelevant. For the simple fact that I.O.I. and all such agencies in Tn.are presently struggling to provide services for our friends and family members under ridiculously under funded state and federal mandates. At present we are looking at a 6% to a 6.1% cut this year alone. I can speak from first hand knowledge that most if not all of the individuals we serve are at present living a life-style that is as good if not better than many of their immediate famlies. Lest we forget what the alternatives are for these same individuals we are discussing, Warehousing them either in Mental Hospitals or TDOC. Trust me I've worked in both and as far as I'm concerned neither of these places are an option!
Yeah!Yeah! I work for an Agency I'm just saying if you want the straight 411 contact Mr. Norris @ DMRS or Gov. Bredesen. Any other questions just reply and ask "K"
just to let you know

Columbia, SC

#16 Mar 16, 2008
Very good point! I think the patients are living their lives as best they can. And like I said before, they do seem happy when you see them out. That tells me, this company (IOI) is doing things right!
anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#17 Mar 17, 2008
I can't comment on the management of IOI but I will comment on some of the employees. Some are/were doing drugs and doing so at the clients home. This came from my son who worked for them. That was many months ago and they might possibly be weeded out by now but it did go on.
TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

Saluda, SC

#18 Mar 18, 2008
just to let you know wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it from someone that works at the hospital, with this company the drug screenings are very thorough and in no way can be tampered with. If your sister in law is only a causal "smoker" of pot it wouldn't stay in her system for the specified time period. I would probably call it luck on her behalf!
I see the patients and the staff that work with them out in the community all the time. And they always seem so happy! I say this company is doing a great job!
Actually,yes it CAN stay in her system that long.According to http://www.concept420.com it depends on the ammount of pot you smoke,the THC half life,and how your metabolism is.It can stay in your system for up to a month if your an avid smoker(which she was).I am buy no means badmouthing IOI but as I said their drug screening aren't always legit!!

Since: Mar 08

Norway, SC

#19 Mar 18, 2008
Well I have never worked for IOI, however, my husband did. Let me tell you that most of the workers are on drugs. I have seen with my own eyes employees doing and selling drugs in clients homes. I witnessed one client being left on a workers front porch while the 2 workers went into the house and got high and got a tattoo. It is unreal that people are being taken care of this way. I also know several that have bragged about having sex in the clients home. Come on!!!!
the_teen

Buffalo Valley, TN

#20 Mar 19, 2008
i know someone in ioi and he thinks it needs to be better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
milf 5 hr Horny 1
I love lesbians! (Nov '16) 12 hr Chuckles 7
CC sentenced to 33 months Thu AdamsFamily 75
Fatbaby starting a restaurant Thu Deli girl 4
Katie B Thu Like to know 7
Top 10 Cock Fighters in Fentress County (Oct '08) Wed johnson1 40
Job Sep 19 Stray- Dog 4

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance