Will Our Sheriff Publicly Suppport 2nd Amendment ?

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sam Adams

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Below is an example of what other Sheriffs are doing, and it would be great if ours would do the same.

http://www.infowars.com/second-sheriff-refuse...

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 17, 2013
-

From our elected officials in public office I would like to hear and read a public statement from the Sheriff, County Executive, County Commissioners, and the Mayor and City Council on this matter myself.

It is a fundamental American question and will be important to know their positions come next election.

Location hidden

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Local minutemen, sheriffs discuss gun control

Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Fred Shropshire

ZEBULON, N.C.(WTVD)-- Hundreds of people met Wednesday evening to talk passionately about the Second Amendment and their rights to bear arms.

Three local sheriffs, including Wake County's Donnie Harrison, took part in the minutemen's discussions in Zebulon. The meeting came just hours after President Obama unveiled his gun control plans.

A boiling point in the meeting came about midway through. When dozens inside and dozens more outside of the Fargo Cattle Company Steakhouse bristled about a possibility that the federal government could violate their Second Amendment rights.

"I don't think that was answered correctly, or really answered at all," said Wake County resident Jamie Miller.

"What we didn't hear is that it doesn't matter what they say, we're not going to come and get your guns," said Wayne County resident Adam Drissel.

What those in attendance heard repeatedly from Sheriffs Jerry Jones, Carey Winders and Donnie Harrison, respectively from Franklin, Wayne and Wake counties, was very similar.

"I'll quit first, but nobody's going to take your guns," said Harrison.

"I don't see any sheriff going house to house taking weapons," said Winders. "Folks, there's more people here than I got deputies. I'm going to tell you that."

Concern from meeting organizers, the Moccasin Creek Minutemen, and private citizens coincidentally comes the same day as the president's executive order banning assault weapons and toughening background checks.

"I don't think it's going to go as far as people think or thinking it will because let's face it, you're not getting mine," said Wake County resident Adam Page. "I'm not giving them up. I'm 28-years-old. Good luck."

Each sheriff pledged to uphold the U.S. Constitution, but stopped short of addressing a hypothetical scenario. Instead, they urged the gun advocates to take their passions to lawmakers.

"I think there's a process that we can do that by uniting and working with the laws and work with people to let them know what our concerns are," said Jones.

The Moccasin Creek Minutemen had been planning the meeting for a few weeks.
continued..........

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story...
not my guns

Whitley City, KY

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Here is exactly what we are facing if we don't stop it right now. At the end of this 6 minute video, there is some serious advice for the American people.

&fe ature=youtu.be

Location hidden

#5 Jan 19, 2013
First in the Nation: Beaufort County, NC Passes Gun Law Nullification Resolution

Posted by TAC Daily Updates

While a number of states are currently considering legislation to nullify federal gun laws, rules, acts, orders and regulations, and various sheriffs around the country are issuing notice that they will not enforce any such federal laws, a new grassroots undercurrent could be building to support those efforts. Local governments nullifying unconstitutional federal acts.

Today, Beaufort County, North Carolina became the first in the country to do so. The board of commissioners passed a nullification resolution in support of the 2nd Amendment. The vote was unanimous. The resolution reads, in part:
continued..........

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/01/...
information please

Jamestown, TN

#6 Jan 19, 2013
2nd. amendment ""A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed""".. This amendment does NOT say you can have any type of a gun you want, It also does NOT say you do not have to register your gun, Also the law is that a convicted FELON loses his constitutional rights until he/she pays for his crime, also it does NOT say a person under 18 has a right to an assalt weapon. So register all guns, no more guns sold at gun shows, commit a crime with a weapon, get 20 years behind bars, with NO chance for parole.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 19, 2013
information please wrote:
2nd. amendment ""A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed""".. This amendment does NOT say you can have any type of a gun you want, It also does NOT say you do not have to register your gun, Also the law is that a convicted FELON loses his constitutional rights until he/she pays for his crime, also it does NOT say a person under 18 has a right to an assalt weapon. So register all guns, no more guns sold at gun shows, commit a crime with a weapon, get 20 years behind bars, with NO chance for parole.
"shall not be infringed""" means just that...To restrict it in any way is infringing on my rights.

Location hidden

#8 Jan 19, 2013
information please wrote:
arms - a weapon and it's accompaniments
http://www.1828-dictionary.com/d/search/word,...

infringe - to encroach, to trespass
http://www.1828-dictionary.com/d/search/word,...

The Founding Generation negated everything you propose with their one simple sentence, the 2nd Amendment, more than two hundred years ago.

The 2nd Amendment says the government (City, State, or Federal) cannot "infringe" and make an American register a weapon, pay tax on a weapon, ban a weapon, and so much more...

You see the Founders were very forward thinking and recognized and entered a God given Right into the Bill of Rights of what you might call a Zero Tolerance Policy against Arms restrictions for Free Men.
Rebel Buck

Ringgold, GA

#10 Jan 21, 2013
More BS spinning FOS Republicans trying to whip up some anarchy.....
Big difference between repealing the 2nd amendment and gun regulation
Oh wait...it dumbarse Republicans that want firearms sold like candy in vending machines
Stray Dog

Livingston, TN

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Rebel Buck wrote:
More BS spinning FOS Republicans trying to whip up some anarchy.....
Big difference between repealing the 2nd amendment and gun regulation
Oh wait...it dumbarse Republicans that want firearms sold like candy in vending machines
Shall not be infringed.
Rebel Buck

Ringgold, GA

#12 Jan 21, 2013
Laughing my arse off...
The insane Republican mantra..."sale guns in vending machines",
Stray Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall not be infringed.
Stray Dog

Livingston, TN

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Rebel Buck wrote:
Laughing my arse off...
The insane Republican mantra..."sale guns in vending machines",
<quoted text>
Shall not be infringed.
Rebel Buck

Ringgold, GA

#14 Jan 21, 2013
Thou shalt not kill.....
Hmmm....reckon we've infringed on that commandment???

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 21, 2013
Rebel Buck wrote:
Thou shalt not kill.....
Hmmm....reckon we've infringed on that commandment???
In defense it is allowed.
Stray Dog

Livingston, TN

#16 Jan 21, 2013
Liberalism infringes on the mind of the weak.
Rebel Buck

Ringgold, GA

#17 Jan 26, 2013
Actually its conservatism that feeds the weak minded....it takes a strong mind to embrace progress and fight for change....
Stray Dog wrote:
Liberalism infringes on the mind of the weak.
Rebel Buck

Ringgold, GA

#18 Jan 26, 2013
Look at the over all income/educational level of Republican states....
Stray Dog

Livingston, TN

#19 Jan 26, 2013
Rebel Buck wrote:
Look at the over all income/educational level of Republican states....
Look at all the debt, corruption, outrageous taxes and crime in the liberal states. Look at all the companies and sucessful people who are moving to red states. Look at the murder rate in Chicago. You don't have a clue because your mind has been infringed by liberalism.
Rebel Buck

Ringgold, GA

#20 Jan 26, 2013
LMAO...
Even Romney owns a home in California.
All major cities have high crime rates idiot.....you cant get much more "red" than Tennessee and Georgia but look at Nashville and Atlanta crime rates!
More BS conservative spin....if what you say is true why havent all the lying conservatives moved into a couple of states and simply succeed???
Oh wait....they tried that.....
;)
Rebel Buck

Ringgold, GA

#21 Jan 26, 2013
Then please interpret "turn the other cheek"???
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
In defense it is allowed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senator Rand Paul For President 2 hr What- me worry 3
Swine flu “false pandemic” seems to be biggest ... (Jan '10) 3 hr dollop 23
Hillary Clinton has to be the grouchiest lookin... 4 hr What- me worry 19
Jamestown, TN. Veterinary Service (Aug '08) 4 hr need to know 53
Heather Defoor 6 hr Mechanic_45 6
A Foreshadowing Of Life Under The Anti-christ -... 9 hr Mechanic_45 3
Trans Pacific Partnership, You WiLL be JOBLESS (Aug '12) Fri dollop 15
More from around the web

Jamestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE