mental patient exscapes and stills school bus...

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Queen B

Jamestown, TN

#2 Oct 15, 2012
First I have heard of this. I bet GH could give us ten reason this would not have happened if the new Justice Center had been built

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 15, 2012
Queen B wrote:
First I have heard of this. I bet GH could give us ten reason this would not have happened if the new Justice Center had been built
You are so kind..As you obviously know but refuse to state,that this is totally a situation where the JC would not help or hinder...Apples and oranges.Nice try though.
Truth is

Mauldin, SC

#5 Oct 15, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know if this incident is true or not,but I can enlighten you on one thing..The Sheriff Dept is only responsible for the person when they actually arrive to pick the patient up for transport.They are not responsible in setting with them while they are at the hospital.That is the hospitals responsibility..
Actually when a mental patient is took to the hospital and the 604 papers are signed the patient is the responsibility of the sheriffs department for transport and it is the sheriffs' departments responsibility to sit with them.
a true american

Jamestown, TN

#6 Oct 15, 2012
If this is a true fact the dep sheriff was out of line.
Clinical

Sunbright, TN

#8 Oct 15, 2012
Truth is wrote:
<quoted text> Actually when a mental patient is took to the hospital and the 604 papers are signed the patient is the responsibility of the sheriffs department for transport and it is the sheriffs' departments responsibility to sit with them.
Incorrect. Law enforcement becomes liable for the patient when they take them from the hospital, unit,i.e. If still in question, please contact the State Dept of Health in Nashville, TN. They will be glad to answer your question.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Oct 15, 2012
Truth is wrote:
<quoted text> Actually when a mental patient is took to the hospital and the 604 papers are signed the patient is the responsibility of the sheriffs department for transport and it is the sheriffs' departments responsibility to sit with them.
Actually it is the hospitals responsibility until an officer is available to actually go to the hospital to transport..Once the officer picks the person up then the Sheriffs Dept becomes responsible.That is how the state law is written.If it was the Sheriffs Dept responsibility to sit with the patient once the 604 papers are signed,several more officers would have to be hired to handle it..The Sheriff Dept is small and to sit with a patient or patients would take what few officers off the road,and would not be able to answer any calls..Hospitals like Crossville,and others hire people for security to handle such things,and often times hire off duty officers to do the security.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#10 Oct 15, 2012
Truth is wrote:
<quoted text> Actually when a mental patient is took to the hospital and the 604 papers are signed the patient is the responsibility of the sheriffs department for transport and it is the sheriffs' departments responsibility to sit with them.
The Sheriffs dept is responsible for transporting but not sitting with the patient..It may take several hours to get an officer available to transport the patient,until then it is the hospitals responsibility to sit with the patient..The law allows family,and Pastors to transport the patients also.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Clinical wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Law enforcement becomes liable for the patient when they take them from the hospital, unit,i.e. If still in question, please contact the State Dept of Health in Nashville, TN. They will be glad to answer your question.
So so true..If the hospital is concerned over situations like this,they can hire security for it.
we all know

Jamestown, TN

#14 Oct 15, 2012
Again we all know who some of you are and the problems you have with the sheriff and GH is correct as a formal employee of FCGH the sheriff is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any pt. until they are released into their custody as far as the sheriff pushing a city boy that i would have to see to believe as some CANNOT TELL THE TRUTH about anything.
Curious

Sunbright, TN

#16 Oct 15, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is the hospitals responsibility until an officer is available to actually go to the hospital to transport..Once the officer picks the person up then the Sheriffs Dept becomes responsible.That is how the state law is written.If it was the Sheriffs Dept responsibility to sit with the patient once the 604 papers are signed,several more officers would have to be hired to handle it..The Sheriff Dept is small and to sit with a patient or patients would take what few officers off the road,and would not be able to answer any calls..Hospitals like Crossville,and others hire people for security to handle such things,and often times hire off duty officers to do the security.
It sounds like your disagreeing with me, but your not. Law enforcement does not become liable until they pick the person up for transport. And the papers are a 603 not 604.
goodness

Cookeville, TN

#19 Oct 15, 2012
just sayin wrote:
I hope the patients family files a lawsuit (with whoever is responsible). Those kinds of issues have went on too long.
As far as Tony and Chuckies rivalry..if it wasn't so stupid it would be funny.
Files a lawsuit for what? What harm was done to the patient even if the county (aka you the taxpayer would be respdonsible) was responsible? There has to be harm done for a lawsuit to be filed! Wonder why you are wanting someone to sue you, the taxpayer. That's who would be sued if a lawsuit was filed.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#20 Oct 15, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like your disagreeing with me, but your not. Law enforcement does not become liable until they pick the person up for transport. And the papers are a 603 not 604.
Very true,but the papers are refereed to as 604's..Not sure why.Maybe many years ago they were actually 604's.Nice debate.But you are right,they are 603's..
I Believe

Jamestown, TN

#23 Oct 15, 2012
We have a sheriff who feels a little better than most,Hopefully people will see him for what he is before next election.Didn't vote for him last time and want vote for him next time.He was the same way back in school.
YeHaw

Jamestown, TN

#25 Oct 16, 2012
I Believe wrote:
We have a sheriff who feels a little better than most,Hopefully people will see him for what he is before next election.Didn't vote for him last time and want vote for him next time.He was the same way back in school.
Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto!!!!!
OLE FIDDLER

Jamestown, TN

#26 Oct 16, 2012
WHO
import

Jamestown, TN

#28 Oct 16, 2012
the sheriff is on cue we need justice now more than ever
what

Cookeville, TN

#29 Oct 16, 2012
rescue ranger wrote:
sunday afternoon a mental patient had exscaped from the hospitol, after the dr. signs papers to send her off, then its up to the sheriffs dept to set with the patient until they can transport her to keep her from hurting herself or the hospitol employees, but the sheriff refuses to do so and sunday evening this mental patient exscapes unattended and steals a school bus and crashes it in the little crab area , and was recovered later by the police dept. and after recovered, the sheriff arrived on the scene and began cursing the police officer telling him to leave that they were out of there juristiction . and threatened to arrest the jamestown police officer . and after the officer refused to leave the crime scene then the fentress county sheriff shoved the police officer . why does he think everyone should just bow down to him. i have lost all respect for the sheriff after his assault on the other officer. why cant the police dept. and sheriff dept. work together like they use to... the sheriff was in the wrong ,, police officers juristiction is where ever they need to investigate there crimes .. even if its in another state . none of this wouldve took place if the sheriff had of been professional and had just worked together .
You are sadly mistaken if you think a police officer from this state can go to another state to do anything. I don't know where you got your information, but it is very incorrect. They can't even go to another county, much less another state. The city council at one time stated that if their offficers were more than one mile outside the city limits they would not be covered by insurance, they were not to do this. Not sure if this applies or not. It may have been changed. The sheriff's office covers anything outside the city limits.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#30 Oct 16, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sadly mistaken if you think a police officer from this state can go to another state to do anything. I don't know where you got your information, but it is very incorrect. They can't even go to another county, much less another state. The city council at one time stated that if their offficers were more than one mile outside the city limits they would not be covered by insurance, they were not to do this. Not sure if this applies or not. It may have been changed. The sheriff's office covers anything outside the city limits.
I do not know what happened at all,but you did forget one thing..If an officer is in hot pursuit,he can go out of his jurisdiction.
Willie

Jamestown, TN

#31 Oct 16, 2012
Well if he was the one who got Conatser to run thats all well and good. Conatser has set on the city counsel for eight years and done nothing good for the city yet.He was the one who got the others to back him on charging people to use the city park shelders. It wasn't like they needed the money. He also was for banding yard sales. I wouldn't vote for any of them for dog catcher.
OLE YELLER

Jamestown, TN

#32 Oct 17, 2012
city officers can go outside the city limits as long as they are investigating a crime. county officers can go outside the county as long as they are investigating a crime. same with state officers! as long as the crime is something of imprtance then they can go outside their jurisdiction. city officers dont go out side the city because their insurance does not cover it but this doesnt mean they cant go out and investigate stuff! city county and state officers are sworn to protect the great state of TENNESSEE which means as long as they have their supervisors permission then they can cross jurisdictions to help outer agencies!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Destroying Everything American 6 min Guy Wiliford II 2
Ebola in the U.S.A. / Blame the Federal Govt. 8 min Guy Wiliford II 90
Church "The House Of Hypocrisy" 21 min Green Hornet 007 124
ancester hunters 1 hr Uh oh 6
Alan Keyes a True Statesman ! (Aug '09) 3 hr dollop 10
Stop Trashing Obama 7 hr Mechanic_45 257
Voter Fraud 2014 Mid-terms 16 hr dollop 6
Jamestown Dating
Find my Match

Jamestown Jobs

Jamestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jamestown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jamestown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]