Created by Kingpin on Oct 15, 2012

1,027 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes for the Charter

No against the Charter

defination

Jamestown, TN

#764 Nov 4, 2012
Constable=Someone to stupid to be a real cop, or a former dirty cop.
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#765 Nov 4, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
......Yes there is a small gas fund that 5 Constables can draw from every month......
So what you are really saying is that they are NOT free! Thank you for clarifying that.
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#766 Nov 4, 2012
Ms Perfect wrote:
The jail will be able to use more bunkbeds, therefore adding more inmates. Check with your county commissioner.
Just like I said, it will be too small the day the doors are opened. Sooner or later there won't be enough room with it being built the size it is being built; no plan for a rise in crime/arrest rates at all !!

All this is doing is setting us up for future lawsuits for violation of civil rights, just like is going on in other counties right now and that you guys have been crying about that we could be faced with our current jail if we don't build.

Look, we need a bigger jail, most everyone agrees to that but we need to look ahead to the future. What size jail will we need in 30-40 years when this thing will be getting paid off? That's what size we need to build now! Not something that will need to be replaced, because it is too small (like we have now) 10-15 years BEFORE it is ever paid for !!!! THAT IS PISS POOR PLANNING and our kids will be paying for it !!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#767 Nov 4, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are really saying is that they are NOT free! Thank you for clarifying that.
They actually make the county a little money..Great spin..Did you forget the part that when the paperwork that was required from the constables showed more money went into the general fund than was taken from it?Remember the part about civil papers and arrests? You read what you want to read..The constables made the county a little money.Not much,but a little.Check with a commissioner,past or present.

Location hidden

#768 Nov 4, 2012
defination wrote:
Thanks for your kind words "betcha"..

Location hidden

#769 Nov 4, 2012
defination wrote:
Oh by the way,go fish..You are so funny,and kind..

Location hidden

#770 Nov 4, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an expert in spinning things..You took part of a post and spun it real good.Here is some more of that post to show you what I mean...

Yes there is a small gas fund that 5 Constables can draw from every month..Even with this small fund being paid,the Constables served enough papers,and made enough arrests for other counties, to pay all that back..

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#771 Nov 4, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an expert in spinning things..You took part of a post and spun it real good.Here is some more of that post to show you what I mean...
Yes there is a small gas fund that 5 Constables can draw from every month..Even with this small fund being paid,the Constables served enough papers,and made enough arrests for other counties, to pay all that back..
We don't want this Charter to pass do we because Larry Rains won't be able to work after our boy Tony is gone if the constables are removed from our county. This would really throw a wrench into our plan. GH is it true that Tony had to send back those new vehicles because he didn't buy the ones he had been approved for? Tony really isn' t making us look good. I know we just do whatever we want but with this charter on the ballot big brother and the citizens will be watching and we won't be able to do whatever WE want. Let us help you, help us. Right GH? Wink, wink.

Location hidden

#772 Nov 4, 2012
Captn Franky wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't want this Charter to pass do we because Larry Rains won't be able to work after our boy Tony is gone if the constables are removed from our county. This would really throw a wrench into our plan. GH is it true that Tony had to send back those new vehicles because he didn't buy the ones he had been approved for? Tony really isn' t making us look good. I know we just do whatever we want but with this charter on the ballot big brother and the citizens will be watching and we won't be able to do whatever WE want. Let us help you, help us. Right GH? Wink, wink.
Our favorite local troll is having fun again..Wink.Wink..
just curious

Cookeville, TN

#773 Nov 4, 2012
Aw, let him have his fun. Every one knows he is all for the charter to pass and this is his way to get people to vote YES. I do not believe Larry Rains is a constable, someone else was voted in. Am i right or wrong?

Location hidden

#774 Nov 4, 2012
just curious wrote:
Aw, let him have his fun. Every one knows he is all for the charter to pass and this is his way to get people to vote YES. I do not believe Larry Rains is a constable, someone else was voted in. Am i right or wrong?
He is not a Constable now..The troll sure seems to have a lot of fun..lol

Location hidden

#775 Nov 4, 2012
Oh,I forgot..Wink.Wink.
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#776 Nov 4, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually make the county a little money..Great spin..Did you forget the part that when the paperwork that was required from the constables showed more money went into the general fund than was taken from it?Remember the part about civil papers and arrests? You read what you want to read..The constables made the county a little money.Not much,but a little.Check with a commissioner,past or present.
Since you seem to be "in the know"; find out how much they bring in vs. how much they cost us in a years time.

I know you can find this out fairly quickly, I have faith in ya GH..... I'm waiting.....
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#777 Nov 4, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not a Constable now..The troll sure seems to have a lot of fun..lol
He never should have been NOR should the Sheriff have ever hired him .... especially after he said he wouldn't during his campaign !!

Location hidden

#778 Nov 4, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem to be "in the know"; find out how much they bring in vs. how much they cost us in a years time.
I know you can find this out fairly quickly, I have faith in ya GH..... I'm waiting.....
You have too much faith in me.I do not know..
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#779 Nov 4, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have too much faith in me.I do not know..
Here would be a good time to have that county website so we could see those reports !!

Location hidden

#780 Nov 4, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Here would be a good time to have that county website so we could see those reports !!
In my opinion,it would cost too much labor to put one up and keep it updated....
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#781 Nov 4, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion,it would cost too much labor to put one up and keep it updated....
Well, since you don't know anything about websites, databases, reporting, etc .... it's ok, you're opinion is just that; you're opinion.

But, since there are those of us who actually know about websites, database building, maintaining, report processing etc; we know how easy they are to build and maintain and how cheap they are to make and maintain. Like I've said before, for a domain and hosting it's about $.06 a day at the most (and that's with getting 100 free email addresses for employees to use) and unlimited bandwith). So you see, if you have the knowledge, it's not that expensive at all.

Location hidden

#782 Nov 4, 2012
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you don't know anything about websites, databases, reporting, etc .... it's ok, you're opinion is just that; you're opinion.
But, since there are those of us who actually know about websites, database building, maintaining, report processing etc; we know how easy they are to build and maintain and how cheap they are to make and maintain. Like I've said before, for a domain and hosting it's about $.06 a day at the most (and that's with getting 100 free email addresses for employees to use) and unlimited bandwith). So you see, if you have the knowledge, it's not that expensive at all.
It will cause offices that are already overworked(bare bones staffing) to have to put info into a computer..That will more than likely cause a need to employ more personnel to do it especially if past records need to be put into the database..The charter has spelled out many things that have to be put into the computer,and it will cause more labor hours..If you will check the offices at the courthouse,you will see that the employees are very busy..It is as streamlined as possible..Any more work load will cause the need to hire to do what the charter says..I am not an expert that is for sure,but I consult with friends that are experts..The cost of the website is minimal,but putting more work onto already overworked people will cause the need to hire.
fact

Jamestown, TN

#783 Nov 4, 2012
Green Hornet 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
It will cause offices that are already overworked(bare bones staffing) to have to put info into a computer..That will more than likely cause a need to employ more personnel to do it especially if past records need to be put into the database..The charter has spelled out many things that have to be put into the computer,and it will cause more labor hours..If you will check the offices at the courthouse,you will see that the employees are very busy..It is as streamlined as possible..Any more work load will cause the need to hire to do what the charter says..I am not an expert that is for sure,but I consult with friends that are experts..The cost of the website is minimal,but putting more work onto already overworked people will cause the need to hire.
Ha ha ha ha, very funny, overworked people at courthouse. Ha ha ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chucky Cravens 1 hr What- me worry 28
Lynyrd Skynyrd 3 hr More Details 5
Gail Hensley at Double Top 5 hr Benjie 1
County executiive (Aug '15) 19 hr Veritas 29
Blinky Thing 20 hr Mechanic_45 14
Donald Trump For President... ? (Jun '15) Wed Roudy The Second 1,094
whats up with all the poison sprayed under the ... (Aug '10) Wed strider 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages