First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#41 Jun 6, 2008
offbeat wrote:
<quoted text>This proves my point,brain cancet, " A FRIEND OF YOURS DID WHAT" ? are you still on the same subject as the rest of us.
Dare I answer this for fear of being ostracized or belittled?Well I will give it a try.Please be patient.Here goes..I am on topic because my friend who had brain cancer,it was thought it was caused from his over use of cell phones.There I said it.I am now waiting for the dam to break or maybe,just maybe I will receive a little understanding.I pray the latter.Thanks for letting me vent a bit and to better explain myself.Gave a terrific day!!!

Location hidden

#42 Jun 6, 2008
Sorry,I meant"Have a terrific day"..

Jamestown, TN

#43 Jun 7, 2008
Green Hornet wrote:
<quoted text>
Safety is also very important to me.A cure for that would be a cell phone that has no service.All cell phones even without service can call 911.
why would a teenager carry around a phone that didn't have service, honestly?

“hey”

J-town

#44 Jun 7, 2008
omg_the original one wrote:
<quoted text>
why would a teenager carry around a phone that didn't have service, honestly?
yea like they would spend 100 dollors on i phone you cant call on

Jamestown, TN

#45 Jun 7, 2008
the_teen_the real one wrote:
<quoted text>
yea like they would spend 100 dollors on i phone you cant call on
it would be more than $100 because they cost more if you don't get a plan with it...so i guess green hornet expects parents to spend hundreds of dollars so they're kids can have a phone...but no plan to go along with it, because obviously that's better than just getting your child a plan. ;)

Location hidden

#46 Jun 7, 2008
omg_the original one wrote:
<quoted text>
it would be more than $100 because they cost more if you don't get a plan with it...so i guess green hornet expects parents to spend hundreds of dollars so they're kids can have a phone...but no plan to go along with it, because obviously that's better than just getting your child a plan. ;)
If you have read the post I answered,the person said a kid in school should have a cell phone for emergencies to dial 911 if need be.Well a cell phone that is not activated can call 911.For a couple of years I used a deactivated cell phone when I took trips in case I broke down.It is only recently that I got a cell phone for regular use(I do not use it much though)..Oh and by the way,I received a couple of deactivated phones that worked well for free from friends that upgraded theirs.It is just an option I presented.And again I will say that in school cell phones should be banned and in fact in some schools they are..
visitor

London, KY

#47 Jun 10, 2008
All I want to know is this.......what cellular co. has service there. I visit my Mom on occasion & have had CellOne, T Mobile & now AT&T & have ABSOLUTELY no service.

Since: Jan 08

Hialeah, FL

#48 Jun 10, 2008
visitor wrote:
All I want to know is this.......what cellular co. has service there. I visit my Mom on occasion & have had CellOne, T Mobile & now AT&T & have ABSOLUTELY no service.
Verizon does in town... not in tinch-town or little crab.
Seventy

United States

#49 Jun 10, 2008
Here is a new twist on Halloween. A couple of years ago, a string of kids were showing up with treat bucket in one hand and a cell phone in the other. I glibly asked, "Who is giving out cell phones?". No one caught on.

Location hidden

#50 Jun 10, 2008
Seventy wrote:
Here is a new twist on Halloween. A couple of years ago, a string of kids were showing up with treat bucket in one hand and a cell phone in the other. I glibly asked, "Who is giving out cell phones?". No one caught on.
I got it..I got it..Do I win a prize?lol

Location hidden

#51 Nov 28, 2008
A news item I found today.
AAA wants state lawmakers to ban texting while driving

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 11:12 AM
Discuss & Share
Sound Off
Join the discussion >>

WATE Blogs
Leave a comment >>

Photo Gallery
Share your photos >>

KINGSPORT (AP)-- AAA East Tennessee says it will urge lawmakers to make the highways text-free in the 2009 General Assembly.

Automobile association spokesman Don Lindsey says a separate law banning text messaging while driving is needed because texting interferes with a driver's perception and slows reaction time.

A Tennessee Department of Safety study shows steady increases between 2003 and 2006 in automobile crashes involving a driver who was either talking on a cell phone or texting.

The association and a University of Tennessee student organization plan to address the General Assembly.

They cite a Harvard University and University of Utah study that says 2,600 people have died in cell phone-texting related crashes and drivers who use cell phones while driving have the same motor skills as people with a 0.08% blood alcohol content.

http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp...

Location hidden

#52 Oct 25, 2009
A groundbreaking,$30 million study into cell phones has found a link between long term use and brain tumors.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569465,00...

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#55 May 31, 2011
WHO Lists Cell Phones as Cancer Hazard

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
May 31, 2011

The United Nations’ health agency, the World Health Organization, now lists mobile phone use in the same “carcinogenic hazard” category as lead, engine exhaust and chloroform.

But no adverse health effects have been established, the agency explains.
The decision to list cell phones as a cancer hazard came after a team of 31 scientists from 14 countries examined peer-reviewed studies on cell phone safety.

“The biggest problem we have is that we know most environmental factors take several decades of exposure before we really see the consequences,” said Dr. Keith Black, chairman of neurology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Numerous studies indicate prolonged cell phone use is hazardous. The European Environmental Agency has pushed for more studies. It says cell phones may be as big a public health risk as smoking, asbestos and leaded gasoline.

In 2009, WHO reached the same conclusion. A decade-long,$30 million study into cell phones found a link between long term use and brain tumors.
continued..........

http://www.infowars.com/who-lists-cell-phones...
Cell Mom

Jamestown, TN

#56 Jun 1, 2011
I too worked out of town for years. I bought my kids Verizon prepaid. They helped me keep in touch, they're cheap, and I could contact my children whenever I wanted by unlimited txting. If they run out their minutes by being irresponsible, they just had to wait till next month. No contract, taught responsibility, and txting (I insisted they text the entire words), kept the phones away from they're ears:)
Cell Mom

Jamestown, TN

#57 Jun 1, 2011
Yes, I mispelled some words. No haters please. I'm in a hurry.

Location hidden

#58 Jul 10, 2012

Thermography Shows Shocking
Cell Phone EMF Degeneration
7-10-12

http://www.rense.com/general95/therm.html

Location hidden

#59 Nov 28, 2012
City warns of cell phone link to cancer

Pembroke Pines passes resolution to warn residents of health dangers

Author: Janine Stanwood, Reporter, jstanwood@Local10.com
Published On: Nov 26 2012 11:43:53 PM EST Updated On: Nov 27 2012 12:56:19 PM EST
continued..........

http://www.local10.com/news/City-warns-of-cel...

Location hidden

#60 Dec 6, 2013
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/why-you-shoul...

Possible cancer connection to cell phone usage..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maried Pall Mall man hooking up with internet guys 59 min Monica 146
Federal Government is Illegally Armed (Mar '12) 4 hr dollop 89
Was FBI wrong on North Korea? Sony Hack... 5 hr dollop 4
Shock! Obama Issues Over 1000 Executive Orders 8 hr dollop 6
Truth, Finally. Obama is a Marxist-Muslim (Aug '12) 10 hr dollop 193
Barack Obama has embraced ‘the agenda of Islam... 13 hr dollop 1
Black on White Crime (Aug '12) 13 hr dollop 158
Jamestown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web