Tired of Facebook?
Passed up at Thiel?
Tired of this site?
Playground financials not adding up?
Tired of the constant attacks?
Mission Accomplished

Columbus, OH

#2 May 16, 2012
He told the Argus he got tired of Topix. Mission Accomplished!!!!!
Still Concerned

Kent, OH

#3 May 19, 2012
I found the article “Graubard moving on” very interesting. Brian Shipley feels he has brought a very unique talent and skill set to the position. I guess it takes that to be where no one can find you, not answer your phone, not get a CDL license, and have everyone else do the work because your never around.
Also if you check the Thiel College web site and go to search and put his name in facility and staff only his wife’s name comes up. He taught one class in the fall of 2010.
I will say he is very good at self promotion. An article in the paper about his family and a girl from another country, going to Thiel, living with them. Gee, like that’s never happened before. There are people that have lived here for years that have done many things for the town and do not promote themselves. Also referring to his daughter as “Store Bought” is beyond comprehension but then when it comes down to it Scott Graubard is beyond comprehension.
Walls are closing in

United States

#4 May 20, 2012
Still Concerned wrote:
I found the article “Graubard moving on” very interesting. Brian Shipley feels he has brought a very unique talent and skill set to the position. I guess it takes that to be where no one can find you, not answer your phone, not get a CDL license, and have everyone else do the work because your never around.
Also if you check the Thiel College web site and go to search and put his name in facility and staff only his wife’s name comes up. He taught one class in the fall of 2010.
I will say he is very good at self promotion. An article in the paper about his family and a girl from another country, going to Thiel, living with them. Gee, like that’s never happened before. There are people that have lived here for years that have done many things for the town and do not promote themselves. Also referring to his daughter as “Store Bought” is beyond comprehension but then when it comes down to it Scott Graubard is beyond comprehension.
Who really cares what Brian says? He is done next year. He has a big steamroller coming down the track in the next election. He is in for an even bigger loss than last time. He will be lucky to even make it through the primary. He's toast.
Spank Me

Kent, OH

#5 May 20, 2012
I think Shitley might be a masochist. I mean who else would want to endure all of this public humiliation and scrutiny?!
Ben Here 4ever

Akron, OH

#6 May 22, 2012
Spank Me wrote:
I think Shitley might be a masochist. I mean who else would want to endure all of this public humiliation and scrutiny?!
Which is exactly why no one else who could actually be good for this community will run. Why would anyone in thier right mind put up with the BS you people put them through?
Spank Me

Kent, OH

#7 May 22, 2012
Ben Here 4ever wrote:
<quoted text> Which is exactly why no one else who could actually be good for this community will run. Why would anyone in thier right mind put up with the BS you people put them through?
Are you digesting crack smoke? He ran, the voters spanked him and counsel still dirty dealt him back on.
Drama Queen

Braddock, PA

#8 May 22, 2012
Are you kidding me,thinking that Shipley is good for this town?? Oh,I think you are very close to these people and must be a cop,or Nancy..Shipley has an ego so large that he will never go down peacefully..I think they're all going down and maybe sooner than later..I have a feeling that you're in with this group,being dishonest is a.o.k.And what "us people" put these people through,you must be smoking crack..These people are decent people,not like the other five on council and the fake manager,who knows absolutely nothing about managing!! What a set-up deal!!
Ben Here 4ever

Akron, OH

#9 May 23, 2012
Never said Shitley is good for this town. What I said was that GOOD people will never run for the office because of what you people put council through. There are many who could do a good job, but no one in thier right mind would want the job because of the BS complaining. $1200 a year isn't worth getting lumped in with others and bashed by morons once a month.
Deliver us from evil

Wooster, OH

#10 May 23, 2012
Y'all are slamming Goobs but Goobs is why it's all changing. Goobs letter ended up on this website and that's what got this big old ball rolling. That letter got people in on it, swung the election and it turned into that Facebook page. Goobs opened up a big mess and it all backfired against Shipley and Council.
Drama Queen

New Castle, PA

#11 May 24, 2012
If the Record Argus would print the truth and not hide alot of stuff people would know what is going on and this stuff wouldn't be a surprise..We need a paper that is neutral..And thinking about what you said,Ben,the reason no one good runs is because the others that get elected are so morally corrupt that they do not have a chance in h--- to change anything-so why try.I can picture things WAY different with the right kind of people on council..People who treat the taxpayers with respect and truth..Ones that do not hide anything from taxpayers and to get rid of that worthless Act 47 woman!!
Rock the Boat

Columbus, OH

#12 May 24, 2012
The name of the game is to hide it all!!! It's a Peyton Place!!! Feathers are being ruffled right now because of all the attention on this council. And it all ends up public. It all started with these internal memos and issues going public!!!

The powers that be don't like it. Greenville likes to keep all of its problems inside and quiet. Keep it all internal and put a good face on it. Church on Sunday, good government, whitebreads and tssk tssk if you're rocking the boat. Shut the public comment down because we can't have that!!! We can't have people out of order in our town!!! it's supposed to a Norman Rockwell situation where people believe the council president is upstanding, prayer before a meeting and pledge allegiance to the flag.

There's too many people rocking the boat right now and it's overloading the system. The council doesn't know what to do because after all these years of secrecy, it's blowing up in their faces.
Becky Candela

Wexford, PA

#13 May 24, 2012
I think what all of you say on here is right on the nose..Everything you say has a lot of truth to it,especially Rock the Boat..None of you are dumb,huh??
Ben Here 4ever

Akron, OH

#14 May 25, 2012
So tell me, because I have been here 4ever and may be a little set in my ways. What excatly do you want to change? It's easy to say that council is "shady" and needs changed, but give me specific's, not general statements. Drama- tell us the picture of things "WAY" different. You all dogged goobs, but quite honestly he didn't do things much different from Boyer. You all dog Shitley, but he's no different from any prior Council President. I know who most of you are and no matter what happens you'll bitch just to hear yourself bitch.
Keep Rocking the Boat

Greenwich, OH

#15 May 25, 2012
Ben Here 4ever wrote:
So tell me, because I have been here 4ever and may be a little set in my ways. What excatly do you want to change? It's easy to say that council is "shady" and needs changed, but give me specific's, not general statements. Drama- tell us the picture of things "WAY" different. You all dogged goobs, but quite honestly he didn't do things much different from Boyer. You all dog Shitley, but he's no different from any prior Council President. I know who most of you are and no matter what happens you'll bitch just to hear yourself bitch.
You'll just have to wait until next election when we retire Shipley (again) and get a bunch of new faces. Stay tuned. More to come!!!
Ben Here 4ever

Akron, OH

#16 May 26, 2012
Keep Rocking the Boat wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll just have to wait until next election when we retire Shipley (again) and get a bunch of new faces. Stay tuned. More to come!!!
And how are new faces going to be any different. Ben Here 4ever and have seen MANY new faces and nothing ever changes.
Rock the Boat

West Salem, OH

#17 May 26, 2012
Ben Here 4ever wrote:
<quoted text> And how are new faces going to be any different. Ben Here 4ever and have seen MANY new faces and nothing ever changes.
It's different because the people are taking it back !!!
Stay tuned!!
More to come in 2012!!
Outside looking in

United States

#18 May 27, 2012
If the media reported the comments on here, I'm pretty sure it would be grounds for slander and libel, even if it's true. How often do you see local news outlets quoting anonymous sources?
More to Come

Canton, OH

#19 May 29, 2012
There's more to come in 2012!!
Stay tuned!!
You ain't seeing nothing yet !!!
Ben Here 4ever

Akron, OH

#20 May 29, 2012
And what color is the sky in this world you live in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for Freedom Apr '16 Conservative Woma... 1
Camping at Riverside Apr '16 Happy Camper 1
Deli Food Contamination Mar '16 Concerned Citizen 1
Graubard Applies for Mayor !!!!! (Apr '12) Jan '16 Recruit Graubard 44
Moss Building Jan '16 Concerned 1
Downtown Greenville (Sep '15) Jan '16 MossGate 4
News Pa. mayor quits, calling council dealings 'shady' (Apr '12) Jan '16 The truth 14

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages