Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sherri

Jamestown, NY

#1 Dec 30, 2012
do jhs fans think it s about time to bring back ken ricker? He has coached these girls and knows what makes them think. Some were members of aau team in summer. Do you think administration pulled the plug on ken too soon? without channel 8 coverage, we would not even have any footage of alleged push from last year. This is Ken's team! should we bring him back???

Jamestown, NY

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Blah blah blaaahhh
yeah

Jamestown, NY

#3 Dec 30, 2012
Sure, Cable 8 got footage of the push... what did ricker do when people weren't looking? I can't believe he kept his "teaching" job - not a slam against teachers - he doesn't actually teach and just babysits in-school suspension.
WOW

Jamestown, NY

#4 Dec 30, 2012
sherri wrote:
do jhs fans think it s about time to bring back ken ricker? He has coached these girls and knows what makes them think. Some were members of aau team in summer. Do you think administration pulled the plug on ken too soon? without channel 8 coverage, we would not even have any footage of alleged push from last year. This is Ken's team! should we bring him back???
Hell no, they should never bring him back!! If the push happened when he knew cable 8 was there...can you imagine the type of abuse happens when nobody is watching?? He's an arrogant abusive person and he deserved to lose his job.
PLEASE

East Brookfield, MA

#5 Dec 31, 2012
Please don't put him through this again. He and his family are still trying to heal. The girls were his family, too, and all are still dealing with the loss. Whether you liked him or not doesn't matter. He and his family are still people with feelings. Don't crush them anymore. Please.

Jamestown, NY

#6 Dec 31, 2012
Again...
Blah blah blaaahhh
FAST

Jamestown, NY

#7 Dec 31, 2012
PLEASE wrote:
Please don't put him through this again. He and his family are still trying to heal. The girls were his family, too, and all are still dealing with the loss. Whether you liked him or not doesn't matter. He and his family are still people with feelings. Don't crush them anymore. Please.
about 90% of the team are actually alot happier..I feel bad for his family but not for him. When abusive words and actions come out of your mouth everyday you need to on up to it he never did. He just happened to get caught and punished for what he himself dared to do in public. Again, I feel bad for his family but not at all for him he deserved what happened.
hahaha

Jamestown, NY

#9 Jan 1, 2013
who cares they need to go back to the kitchen and make me a sandwichhhh

Since: Feb 12

Jamestown, NY

#10 Jan 4, 2013
I hear some of the girls on JV are smoking dope.
player

Leominster, MA

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Fast, you must be a parent who wanted it more than your daughter because I play for jhs we all wish we had coach with us, that would be why we all including rosa played aau for him. Coach Nugent is trying but he just doesn't have the passion for it. We all feel cheated in that he coaches varsity boys and modified boys. But I am sure you know how all of us feel
QUIET

Jamestown, NY

#12 Jan 8, 2013
player wrote:
Fast, you must be a parent who wanted it more than your daughter because I play for jhs we all wish we had coach with us, that would be why we all including rosa played aau for him. Coach Nugent is trying but he just doesn't have the passion for it. We all feel cheated in that he coaches varsity boys and modified boys. But I am sure you know how all of us feel
Some girls who wanted to play ball but had no other options..did not have a choice but to accept him as their coach for aau. I'm just happy that jhs no longer has to put up with his extreme abusive behavior towards players. I'm positive that not everyone agreed with what he did, this was not his first incident with him pushing or shoving a student. What he did was wrong and many many staff and administration members are very happy he is gone from coaching a jhs sport. His departure was long over due! Yelling is a part of coaching, physical, mental and emotional abuse are not.
Honestly

Jamestown, NY

#13 Jan 8, 2013
I played for him years ago for softball and I remember he was very emotionally rude and would down the girls..I actually quit bc of him
Crazy Parents

Jamestown, NY

#14 Jan 8, 2013
If the little scumbags parents taught her how to behave in public this would not even be a topic. The wrong person was punished. The administration should be embarrassed...again.
PLEASE

Jamestown, NY

#15 Jan 9, 2013
Crazy Parents wrote:
If the little scumbags parents taught her how to behave in public this would not even be a topic. The wrong person was punished. The administration should be embarrassed...again.
you should be embarrassed by your ignorant ass comment. So what your saying is that it was the players and her mothers fault, that a grown man put his hands on her?? Your are so dumb..do you know she was not the only player he did that too..but yet you talk about it like she is. Your just pissed that he finally was caught. The wrong person was punished..and the administration should be embarrassed?? Believe me when I say, your getting into waters that you dont want to discuss when it comes to this coach. Let's get one thing straight idiot..never is it ok for a MALE to put his hands on a female especially when it's a kid.. the fact that your down playing that proves the type of person you are. The girl in question and her mother are very good hard working people..they dont cheat rob or steal from anybody. They actually work for what they want..and the issue that happened that day was a long time coming. As I said, thats not the first time he did this and she was not the only one.# he got what he deserved...
Slander

Jamestown, NY

#16 Jan 9, 2013
I was there....it wasn't a push...he moved an out of control player like any coach worth his salt would...she tripped and fell...and was embarrassed...he too the fall for it. I don't know the kid, parents or even Ken but it seemed to me as an outsider that he got a raw deal. The boys at Persell will gain from his knowledge. Coach Nugent is a great guy but no one from what I have heard works harder than Coach Ricker. The girls lose.
Common

Jamestown, NY

#18 Jan 9, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
More of these girls with attitude problems should be smacked up now and then. I will guarantee that the girl who was so outspoken will have at least 2 kids and be on welfare by the time she's 25. The dumb girl can't handle authority. If it were me I would have bounced her face off the floor like the basketball. Raise your damn kids better and there wont be issues.
oh yeah..raise your kids better then they wont be abused by a man.? Your so ignorant! What's the matter, are you still crying because he was fired as acoach? Lol. Dumb not quite..zhe has numerous college offers but hasnt decided where to go yet.. she works everyday has her own car pays for everything and is not on welfare..her family works. GUESS she's making you eat your words already!! He got what he deserved remember that. Dont blame a kid for an ADULTS mistake..
Common

Jamestown, NY

#19 Jan 9, 2013
Slander wrote:
I was there....it wasn't a push...he moved an out of control player like any coach worth his salt would...she tripped and fell...and was embarrassed...he too the fall for it. I don't know the kid, parents or even Ken but it seemed to me as an outsider that he got a raw deal. The boys at Persell will gain from his knowledge. Coach Nugent is a great guy but no one from what I have heard works harder than Coach Ricker. The girls lose.
yup your right the girls lost a big loser who was abusive.
Common Trash

Jamestown, NY

#20 Jan 9, 2013
It's always funny that the people who are after him are welfare lower class trash.....middle and upper class folks see what an honest, caring, go the extra mile guy he is....get a job...get off welfare....better yet....leave the area you trash!
Common

Jamestown, NY

#21 Jan 9, 2013
Common Trash wrote:
It's always funny that the people who are after him are welfare lower class trash.....middle and upper class folks see what an honest, caring, go the extra mile guy he is....get a job...get off welfare....better yet....leave the area you trash!
yeah we disagree with the ABUSIVE person he is so we must all be on welfare and must not work. Either way we got what we all wanted including jhs. He's not the girls coach anymore and he doesn't deserve to be!! Trash is who defends a verbal and emotional abuser, he has done it before many many many times..and now your all butt hurt because he was finally caught this time.
Paul

Jamestown, NY

#22 Jan 9, 2013
Common wrote:
<quoted text>oh yeah..raise your kids better then they wont be abused by a man.? Your so ignorant! What's the matter, are you still crying because he was fired as acoach? Lol. Dumb not quite..zhe has numerous college offers but hasnt decided where to go yet.. she works everyday has her own car pays for everything and is not on welfare..her family works. GUESS she's making you eat your words already!! He got what he deserved remember that. Dont blame a kid for an ADULTS mistake..
Like I said the little bitch deserved it. He will be fine. I'm sure he is financially stable and probably does miss coaching. He will coach again but I doubt that she plays again. What kind of college offers has she received??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix trollers are LOSERS!!! 9 min IDC 2
Wayne leeper 15 min paco 9
Joni Weston 1 hr falconerite 15
pelfrey 1 hr lol 1
house full of bed bugs 1 hr goodpeople 1
Fakes 1 hr warberlers 2
Mojos 1 hr hard-drinkin Dan ... 51
Rachael Anderson 4 hr smh 17
chicks that cant get over the fact that NO ONE ... 5 hr My Thoughts 20
cheating wife Thu Sanford 15