Realist

Buffalo, NY

#23 Jan 27, 2012
What was covered up in the soccer situation? Many soccer girls kicked off the team, and the football quarterback suspended for regular season games and playoff games like athletic code dictated. Plus this stuff is happening away from school, where are the parents? Quit making everything that happens to kids the fault of the school. In that situation the school did exactly what they were supposed to do.
Hot Carl

Binghamton, NY

#24 Jan 27, 2012
The Rude Boy wrote:
Coach who? Kim Richter?? or is there Ricker as well?
http://www.facebook.com/ #!/profile.php?id=1116588312
Yeah

Buffalo, NY

#25 Jan 27, 2012
JPS isn't the only school where kids on sports teams have parties! I went to a very small local school and our sports teams had many parties with drugs and alcohol......get over it!
A Parent

Jamestown, NY

#26 Jan 27, 2012
I’d like to direct this to Lady bug and Witness:

As a parent of girls that played for Ken Ricker I do feel I am qualified to say: he is a very dedicated coach to basketball and has a lot of knowledge when it comes to the sport but he has never had any people skills. As for the scholarship help that was only to certain players. My daughters, who are good respectable players; they did not do drugs or get drunk every weekend. They gave him 100 percent every time they played for him. And I can tell you he brought them to tears multiple times with his threats, rude comments and being pushed around. I believe the problem lies also with an administration that let Parents concerns fall on deaf ears. I know myself and many others filed multiple complaints, with Ben Drake, Mr. Yelich, and even former Superintendant Mr. Fashano. Maybe if things wouldn’t have been swept under the rug because of the girl’s success or a friendship and he was made accountable for his actions sooner he would not be in this situation today. As for the comment make the girl responsible, I agree, but not by putting your hands on her. Neither of you obviously have experienced him first hand and really shouldn’t be expressing anything. I don’t believe anyone should have the right to verbally or physically abuse child, and a coach should be held to high standard. These kids are taught to respect and trust him only to be mistreated and put down. Bullying is not allowed by kids but I guess coaches can get away with it.
whoa

United States

#27 Jan 27, 2012
did they touch you at this party?
Right and wrong

Buffalo, NY

#28 Jan 27, 2012
While I understand what the actions looked like and can tell you that they may be wrong. I was standing there and this is what happened. The player used the F word toward the referee. When the referee explained this to the coach he turned and told the player that this is what the referee said, She immediately objected moving towards the referee who was at the table reporting the fouls. The coach pushed her back toward the bench to get her away from the referee and to keep her in the game. It wasn't done in malice, it wasn't done with anger. It was done to get her away from the referee.
WOW

Jersey City, NJ

#29 Jan 27, 2012
Right and wrong wrote:
While I understand what the actions looked like and can tell you that they may be wrong. I was standing there and this is what happened. The player used the F word toward the referee. When the referee explained this to the coach he turned and told the player that this is what the referee said, She immediately objected moving towards the referee who was at the table reporting the fouls. The coach pushed her back toward the bench to get her away from the referee and to keep her in the game. It wasn't done in malice, it wasn't done with anger. It was done to get her away from the referee.
I was there too and i can tell you that's not exactly how it happened. First she wasnt the one who said the f word, and second she was cussed at and he got right into her face screaming at the top of his lungs. He then pushed her twice.
No matter what you or anybody else says, this is typical of him. Its not the first time he has ever pushed,cussed or threatned a player this is not how a mentor/coach is supposed to act.
His actions not only embarrased himself, it embarrassed the school the lady raiders and all the fans. Action needs to be taken and he needs to be held accountable for how he treats these players. Again i will say this is not the first time he has acted like this at home or away games. What excuse is there for all the other previous times??
Reliable Source

Binghamton, NY

#30 Jan 27, 2012
Charges have been filed by parents and an investigation started today by JPS.

Check newspaper tomorrow..
loose peach

United States

#31 Jan 27, 2012
Whoa!
dirtyblanket

Jamestown, NY

#32 Jan 27, 2012
Could you imagine having to coach all of those kids? All every single student at JHS parents know how to do, is swipe a benefit card. I bet every single student qualifies for free lunch. And everyone is complaining about the coach giving a litle push to a girl at a girls basketball game. I don't think anyone watches girls basketball games anyways. But maybe the coach was giving her a life lesson on how she will be treated if she gets a black boyfriend some day.
noway

Horseheads, NY

#34 Jan 27, 2012
i feel like a bitch when i get fired
noway

Horseheads, NY

#35 Jan 27, 2012
you must be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a player?
As a parent I have been exposed to him on several occasions! Him and Drake both suffer from narcissistic personality disorders!
im a player home alone wives
noway

Horseheads, NY

#36 Jan 27, 2012
yes hardcore style is what need in the can
its true

Horseheads, NY

#37 Jan 27, 2012
why wont this work?!!!
Coach R

United States

#39 Jan 28, 2012
It begins and ends with the coach! Ricker can't handle the X's and O's so they play a system that fits his limited ability to manage a game. Now it is clear he can't control his anger and players!
unbelievable

United States

#40 Jan 28, 2012
Coach R wrote:
It begins and ends with the coach! Ricker can't handle the X's and O's so they play a system that fits his limited ability to manage a game. Now it is clear he can't control his anger and players!
Does the R in Coach R stand for RETARD?
Curioso

Chagrin Falls, OH

#41 Jan 28, 2012
Paul Hoffler

Jamestown, NY

#42 Jan 28, 2012
if i was a jamestown coach, i would loose my cool with all those future mud sharks out there bouncing a ball around. Just because you have a lebron james poster hanging up in your room doesnt mean its okay to date black guys! Get off of welfare folks!
Coach R

United States

#43 Jan 29, 2012
Finally!

I hope JPS has restricted his access to the facilities and will further prevent him from leading the Jamestown Elite AAU basketball program. Ricker's skills are more suited for stocking shelves at Big Lots. He shouldn't be alliowed around children.
he said she said

Horseheads, NY

#44 Jan 29, 2012
He was suspended indefinitely pending an investigation .... I'm assuming he's getting a tax payer funded vacation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alicia Newhouse/Wilson 5 min sam 9
Dear pagans 11 min Mary 1
Susie Yesterdays 23 min Truth 2
Silsby Vanorden 39 min Tina Morrison 12
Allie L 1 hr Smhhhh 4
anti depressants 1 hr proven fact 2
Molly's World + Chautauqua Lasers 1 hr Curious 2

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance