Boycott Wal*Walmart
Concerned Citizen

Johnson City, NY

#1 Sep 15, 2013
They're an evil empire taking over our economy and making it worse cause they are closing all these stores and pay they're employees crap wages. And don't respect them. It's like your a slave to them. Think that we are paying this company to make everything in Japan or china and even have horrible conditions for them. Is this what our founding fathers really wanted?

Since: Mar 13

Johnson City, NY

#2 Sep 15, 2013
OK, we COULD boycott Walmart, but where would we buy the stuff we need? ALL companies sell products made overseas... Walmart is a horrible horrible company, but its a necessary horrible...
JT WIGGER

Johnson City, NY

#3 Sep 15, 2013
Wal Mart is ran by Nazis.. The new evil empire that will take over the world. As we speak Wal Mart has secret ninja warriors prepareing to attack world leaders. It has been said that Mc Donalds has joined forces and will be lauching full out assault on the US in the next few months. While everyone is worring about Syria and twerking the world as we know it is coming to a end. Everyone will have to do the Wal Mart cheer or be beheaded. All we can do is pray..
just saying

Boston, MA

#4 Sep 15, 2013
The Abraham Lincoln wrote:
OK, we COULD boycott Walmart, but where would we buy the stuff we need? ALL companies sell products made overseas... Walmart is a horrible horrible company, but its a necessary horrible...
There are plenty of other places to shop, mom and pop busonesses, privately owned, even kmart is an improvement, you may pay a little more but at least you know the money is paying for some little kids dance lessons or drum class or even just a better wage or insurance.

Since: Sep 13

United States

#5 Sep 16, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>There are plenty of other places to shop, mom and pop busonesses, privately owned, even kmart is an improvement, you may pay a little more but at least you know the money is paying for some little kids dance lessons or drum class or even just a better wage or insurance.
Exactly. Yes Wal*Mart might have a bunch of cheap stuff. But look at what it's doing to all the other shops and stores.

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2013
inmates have better security then our own children.
Dystopia

Jamestown, NY

#7 Sep 16, 2013

The study,“Hidden Cost of Wal-Mart Jobs,” found that the average Wal-Mart worker required $730 in taxpayer-funded healthcare and $1,222 in other forms of assistance, such as food stamps and subsidized housing, to get by.

A single Wal-Mart Supercenter store in Wisconsin requires taxpayers to shell out as much as $1.7 million per year -- or nearly $6,000 per employee -- in aid, according to one estimate in the report.

http://www.ilsr.org/chains-walmart-foods-free...

Since: Mar 13

Johnson City, NY

#8 Sep 16, 2013
Yea, but Wal-Mart isn't going anywhere...
Great Britain

Jamestown, NY

#9 Sep 16, 2013
Yeah target wegmans dollar general kmart pay so great as well. Lets see the study on tgose businesses and financial assistance. I bet they are the same. If you cant make it on a 8 dollar wage then I am sure you cannot make it on an 9 dollar wage at these other places.
lame

Export, PA

#10 Sep 16, 2013
The world needs minimum wage jobs. I suppose you would prefer they pay 15 an hour and charge 10 bucks for a gallon of milk? Minimum wage jobs were never meant to be a career but if your best skill is restocking shelves, have at it and enjoy your job.

Johnson City, NY

#11 Sep 16, 2013
Well duh they can't pay their employees higher wages, they already have to mark there merchandise up to make profit.
Correct

Darby, PA

#12 Sep 16, 2013
lame wrote:
The world needs minimum wage jobs. I suppose you would prefer they pay 15 an hour and charge 10 bucks for a gallon of milk? Minimum wage jobs were never meant to be a career but if your best skill is restocking shelves, have at it and enjoy your job.
Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be starter jobs. Some folks, including the moron in the White House, do not understand that basic principle.
Bulldog

Johnson City, NY

#13 Sep 21, 2013
Wal-Mart needs to get better wheels on their shopping carts.
probably not Phil B

Dunkirk, NY

#15 Sep 23, 2013
I swear WalMart puts something in the employee lounge's soda machine. Their employees have dat Innsmouth look. Everytime I look at the big-booty-bish cashing me out I think "I know how you feel, mang, but my dumbass girlfriend doesn't understand the concept that informed consumers can force corporations to follow ethical & legal guidelines by buying less & at other vendors," until she fails to grasp the process of TAKING MY $20 BILL SO I CAN PAY THE REMAINING TOTAL WITH MY MASTERCARD, YOU DOO-DOO-DUMBO SKANK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Major drug bust on Forest at newl 3 min Anon rich guy 28
Duggan's The dive bar 10 min DUEBOIS 2
William Josephine Ross 13 min Needs chimo asz beat 1
Cross dresser who walks down third street every... 22 min Told Ya 2
Who else hates Jamie Perrin 29 min Sugar 17
Jamestown Moose 30 min stacy 1
Facebooks being hacked? 30 min Jesse 4
Who was the people in the drug bust 2 hr Just do it 10
People of color are being harrassed by racist p... 3 hr Lucy 26
2 Year old wandering 3 hr Fact 8