Hometown Grill - New Restaurant Any ...

Hometown Grill - New Restaurant Any Reviews?

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Iuka, MS

#1 Nov 19, 2010
The new Hometown Grill restaurant in Jamestown.....how is it doing? Good food? Calamunci family owns it - will they sell this one off too?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 19, 2010
Ever since it opened in August it has had it's share of controversy. First with the employee that was fired by Calamunci over her comments about the mayor on her PERSONAL facebook page. Now picketers over the same. (see previous posts on topix) Not sure about business but he has been putting girls out there with sandwich boards, flyers on cars at other locations...who knows what will be next. I even heard that he has some court cases pending. Your guess is as good as mine as far as longevity.
sub par service

Spencer, NY

#6 Mar 3, 2011
The servers need to learn a little bit about customer service. I had been a fairly regular customer since it opened but, after my last two visits, I don't think I'll ever go back. When you order nachos for example and ask the server to leave off the olives and then he brings the order with the olives wouldn't you think he'd take it back to the kitchen? Well he didn't nor did he apologize for the mistake. I tried to be a good sport and pick them off but the more I picked off the angier I got. He just made light of the mistake and expected me to eat them. He finally offers to remove them from my bill and didn't do that right either. I still ended up paying a portion of the cost. The other evening I thought I'd try their $7.00 early special. I had my husband leave our home so that he would be there before 5:00pm. I raced from work in Falconer and we were both there looking at the menu at five o'clock. When the server came over, I asked which items were the $7.00 specials. She pointed them out and we both ordered one of them. I asked point blank if we could still order them and she said she had to put them into the computer. Not another thing was said until our check came. We were charged full price for the items. We questioned the server who said that the order wasn't entered until after five. Again- no apology. She could have mentioned that the entrees would be full price after she entered them but she didn't bother. Most servers at restaurants we frequent bend over backwards to make sure their cutomers are satisfied. The servers at this restaurant do not! I am not sure where the problem lies...maybe with the owner? Does he know what's going on in his own establishment? Does he condone this bad service? If business isn't good maybe you should take a long hard look at your employees.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7 Mar 3, 2011
Gave it two chances, and had bad experiences both times. We as a family will not be back.
Gunning for Gunnell

Spencer, NY

#8 Mar 4, 2011
Food Sux!
Rationale

Buffalo, NY

#9 Mar 4, 2011
The food is good but the servers are largely inexperienced. Also, the prices are a bit high considering they only serve bar food. Anyone who's worked in food service knows how inexpensive it is to make.
sad

Vestal, NY

#10 Mar 4, 2011
the food sucks!Ish
yuk

Johnson City, NY

#11 Mar 4, 2011
they screwed up chicken noodle soup - so salty I couldn't eat it and I like salty stuff.
Rationale

Buffalo, NY

#12 Mar 4, 2011
yuk, I would have to beg the question of why you would consider ordering soup in a burger and chicken wing restaurant.
yuk

Johnson City, NY

#13 Mar 6, 2011
because I wasn't all that hungry. I was with family who wanted to stop and eat. Soup sounded really good. Unfortunately, it wasn't.
K-Diddy

Johnson City, NY

#14 Mar 6, 2011
I won't go back to that place. The food sucks. Their fries are like a big soggy pile of grease to name 1 problem. Their service is awful as well. The servers are rude.
Joey W

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Mar 6, 2011
They have the best chicken noodle soup in town!
mab

Birdsboro, PA

#16 Mar 6, 2011
I liked it... went about a week ago, the waitress was pleasant and the place was packed. Food was good - I had a steak (cooked medium rare perfectly) and a friend had a burger. I had veggies, a little overcooked... friend had fries - I tried some, they were crisp and tasty.
Aldo

Chagrin Falls, OH

#17 Mar 8, 2011
Was it as good as my place?
mom of 2

Elmira, NY

#18 Mar 18, 2011
i went to this resteraunt today and was totally unhappy. My other half and myself ordered a simple burgers and fries. We found 2 pieces of hair in his food and i found a piece of plastic in my burger. I let the waitress know and she apologized but thats it. I let the "manager" know that is not acceptable and whomever is cooking needed to wear a hair net. He too only apologized and offered no kind of gesture such as not paying for the food that wasnt ate because who wants to eat food that had hair in it.YUCK! I will never go back.
Renee

Grinnell, IA

#19 Apr 11, 2011
Food Is EXCELLENT!!!! Atmoshere was very welcoming!!! BEST WINGS IN TOWN!!!
Charlie Tailbone

Dunkirk, NY

#20 Apr 11, 2011
overpriced, slow. no espresso. nice bazangas on one of em.
Sue

Spring Valley, NY

#23 Dec 4, 2011
I was an out of town visitor recently Nov. 2011. Overall, the food I had was good but way, way too much of it. Had pulled pork sandwich with fries. Honestly, it was enough for 3 people. Such a waste. Serve a little less and lower the price. Also had to wait a bit by the door for someone to come to hostess station to seat me. Waitress was busy doing stuff by the register at the bar the entire time I was there. She could have been a little more friendly and attentive. If I lived in Jamestown, I may go in there on occasion, but it would not be a must-go place.
Oh Hellz No!

San Mateo, CA

#28 Dec 4, 2011
Bobby B wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody left the doors unlocked to the resource center again.. Get a clue and get back to your room!!
Yeah, yeah,yeah! We'll see!
haha

Twinsburg, OH

#29 Dec 4, 2011
his name is john not mike

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jamestown scum at Yacht Club 1 min Toni 9
"White privilege" 8 min Pedestrian 10
Really Relly Rell 32 min Drake Drizzle 20
Chris Cusimano and Tabitha Kilan 39 min fart 5
Jermiekah (Jul '15) 1 hr JERMIEKAH 6
Sick bish Janell Cornelius 1 hr Amanda 4
General Dollar 2 hr Welfare raised 13
Rape 2 hr sqwirm 19
missing woman found dead 2 hr Give me a break 33

Jamestown Jobs