First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Human

Vestal, NY

#1 Jul 28, 2013
Why is the word "retard" used so rampantly on this forum? Does the use of the word make you feel better about yourself? This particular word seems to be so prevalent in our society today. Please ask yourself: Are you more of a human or a better person because you are not mentally retarded? Honest, sincere, and thoughtful responses only please.
Agree

Binghamton, NY

#2 Jul 28, 2013
I hear so many TRC employees say: I've got to go home and wash the TARD off me. Really you invalent, it's those so called TARDS that pay your bills. KARMA GOT YOU!!!
Human

Vestal, NY

#3 Jul 28, 2013
Agree wrote:
I hear so many TRC employees say: I've got to go home and wash the TARD off me. Really you invalent, it's those so called TARDS that pay your bills. KARMA GOT YOU!!!
That is sad to hear, but I can assure everyone that I do not work for TRC and I am certainly not interested in getting anyone in trouble. I would just like people who use the "R" word to think for a moment about why they use it and how they might think differently if they had a friend or family member with a developmental disability.
Herzog

Salamanca, NY

#4 Jul 28, 2013
When I say retard I'm not talking about mentally challenged people I'm talking about retards!! Too many retarded drivers out there today.
Terry

Jamestown, NY

#5 Jul 28, 2013
So what if I call them clients of mine retards? Them effing slow folk are. I use to work at one of our houses. We'd give out rewards for tard of the the week,day month month etc...they all love it. I'm in management now so I don't get to see the droolers too often. I use to love Friday night's at the house. We'd put the clients to bed and then get drunk. A good job.
hmmm

East Hartford, CT

#6 Jul 28, 2013
Most people in society today don't use the word retard to make derogatory statements about people with handicaps, it is more often associated with people who should have enough common sense to know better than to say or do the things they do. It generally is used as a descriptive word for people with no common sense, not a derogatory comment based on a persons situation. Before anyone starts with the pc crap, how about people grow a little skin, and take things at face value instead of trting to make everyone else walk on egg shells. My mother works with mentally and physically handicapped children and they are wonderful kids, they don't realize they are handicapped per say, and don't look at themselves as different. Problems with racial profiling, and bullying are products of a pussy society that refuses to raise children with thick skin, human beings are animals with the same instincts, no amount of civilization can change that. So buck up buttercup, and raise your kids to have broad shoulders instead of runny noses
wow

Binghamton, NY

#7 Jul 28, 2013
Herzog wrote:
When I say retard I'm not talking about mentally challenged people I'm talking about retards!! Too many retarded drivers out there today.
Morals much?
Tucan Sam

Vestal, NY

#8 Jul 28, 2013
hmmm wrote:
Most people in society today don't use the word retard to make derogatory statements about people with handicaps, it is more often associated with people who should have enough common sense to know better than to say or do the things they do. It generally is used as a descriptive word for people with no common sense, not a derogatory comment based on a persons situation. Before anyone starts with the pc crap, how about people grow a little skin, and take things at face value instead of trting to make everyone else walk on egg shells. My mother works with mentally and physically handicapped children and they are wonderful kids, they don't realize they are handicapped per say, and don't look at themselves as different. Problems with racial profiling, and bullying are products of a pussy society that refuses to raise children with thick skin, human beings are animals with the same instincts, no amount of civilization can change that. So buck up buttercup, and raise your kids to have broad shoulders instead of runny noses
Did you by chance read the post from "Terry"?
Tucan Sam

Vestal, NY

#9 Jul 28, 2013
Herzog wrote:
I think you may have made the original poster's point. A word that society has spent decades to erase because it is demeaning and demoralizing has now resurfaced but still has the same negative connotation. I definitely agree with you about the number of careless drivers just not the choice of wording in your statement.
Tucan Sam

Vestal, NY

#10 Jul 28, 2013
Terry wrote:
So what if I call them clients of mine retards? Them effing slow folk are. I use to work at one of our houses. We'd give out rewards for tard of the the week,day month month etc...they all love it. I'm in management now so I don't get to see the droolers too often. I use to love Friday night's at the house. We'd put the clients to bed and then get drunk. A good job.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but how on God's green earth did you happen to climb into the ranks of management?
I Am

Jamestown, NY

#11 Jul 28, 2013
Terry wrote:
a mother of an autistic child..... you are shallow and ignorant. You disgust me.
Terry

Jamestown, NY

#12 Jul 28, 2013
I got promoted cause I ran the house well. We never los t money. I knew how to skimp on certain things. It made me look better when my bosses saw how much cash we were saving. Them slow boys never needed to eat steak and such. Pasta alot and bologne sandwiches. Sometimes we even broke out our personal cache of booze with the clients. Get them busted drunk. They'd be hungover and not want to eat until dinner. It's all about the bottom line. I made my bosses cash. I got promoted. I have no qualms about it.
Disturbed

Vestal, NY

#13 Jul 28, 2013
Terry wrote:
I got promoted cause I ran the house well. We never los t money. I knew how to skimp on certain things. It made me look better when my bosses saw how much cash we were saving. Them slow boys never needed to eat steak and such. Pasta alot and bologne sandwiches. Sometimes we even broke out our personal cache of booze with the clients. Get them busted drunk. They'd be hungover and not want to eat until dinner. It's all about the bottom line. I made my bosses cash. I got promoted. I have no qualms about it.
You must feel very fortunate that the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and The Resource Center's administration didn't know about this. I am pretty sure that altering prescribed meals and getting clients inebriated was not part of their "bottom line." My wife has a cousin who is developmentally disabled and your comments I am afraid, if true, are very disturbing.
Terry

Jamestown, NY

#14 Jul 28, 2013
A little booze never hurt anyone. They enjoyed it. We never starved them. I´d say we only got hammered drunk 20 times in the 3 months I ran the home.
hard2believe

Vestal, NY

#15 Jul 28, 2013
Terry wrote:
A little booze never hurt anyone. They enjoyed it. We never starved them. I´d say we only got hammered drunk 20 times in the 3 months I ran the home.
Yeah ... right! Jokes over and it wasn't funny to begin with. Are you drunk right now?
Disturbed Terry

Binghamton, NY

#16 Jul 28, 2013
Disturbed wrote:
<quoted text>
You must feel very fortunate that the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and The Resource Center's administration didn't know about this. I am pretty sure that altering prescribed meals and getting clients inebriated was not part of their "bottom line." My wife has a cousin who is developmentally disabled and your comments I am afraid, if true, are very disturbing.
Are both the same posting, acting out to different rolls!:-)
Disturbed

Vestal, NY

#17 Jul 28, 2013
Disturbed Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Are both the same posting, acting out to different rolls!:-)
No. I don't even know who Terry is. If I were "Terry" though, I would be thankful to have a job right now.
Herzog

Salamanca, NY

#18 Jul 29, 2013
You people are just being retarded now.
HNY

Binghamton, NY

#19 Jul 29, 2013
Hanny!
Merciful

Vestal, NY

#20 Jul 29, 2013
Herzog wrote:
You people are just being retarded now.
Most people I have known over the years who have disabilities are kind and considerate and would not make rude jokes at other people's expense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Johnson and Christine 7 min Sick to my stomac... 25
save a lot 30 min lmao 15
addicts who need help 35 min seriously 43
Chip boy 36 min fran 4
Ashley carr 1 hr Falling 1
Bethany Buck 1 hr Fact 2
Mathew Jones 2 hr wigger alert 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages