First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Endicott, NY

#1 Apr 22, 2009
did anyone see interview,wgrz. surprised to hear him say, possibly with eight cold cases involving women, that a serial killer could be possbile.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2009
I'm not sure how to link articles to the topix site, but I found this on WGRZ's website.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx...

Kathy Wilson was abducted in 1988. Also, I have never heard of Rebecca Nicholson or Judith McElheney.... Can anybody clue me in?
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#3 Apr 22, 2009
Rebecca Nicholson was found shot to death in her home, in Westfield, Dec. 13, 1990

Judith McElheney found shot to death in a parking area on rt 5, near Silver Creek, Oct. 8th, 1990
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#4 Apr 22, 2009
Beth Ann Brown was raped and murdered near Brocton, don't remember the date, possibly the 80s.
still unsolved
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#5 Apr 22, 2009
Was the murder of Carol Lambert ever solved? Even tho her body was found in Sugar Grove township, she was from Jamestown. She was 38 when her body was found on July 30th, 1989
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#6 Apr 22, 2009
Patricia Laemmerhirt has been missing since April of 1976 from Westfield. She has never been found. Her husband said she left on her own which is a LIE. The police did nothing. She would not have left her children, hasn't been heard of since. Her family is still looking for her.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#7 Apr 23, 2009
Thank you, Janey. Now that you mentioned some of the details, I'm starting to remember them. Judith was from Buffalo, correct?

I'm really disappointed in the county legislatures decision to not provide additional funding for this.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#8 Apr 23, 2009
Yes, Judith was from Buffalo, she was 27 at the time of her death, shot to her left ear area. Her father feels that a person in law enforcement was involved. There was also rumors of a trucker picking her up. Not sure if she was murdered in the parking area or was dumped there.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Back in the 70s, a Fairbanks woman was murdered in Jamestown, not sure if her murder was solved or not. probably not

We are just trying to think of all the women that have been murdered in Chautauqua county, there are probably a dozen men that are in the cold case files too.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#10 Apr 23, 2009
Since Gerace can't get the funding, why don't retired detectives volunteer their time to work on cold cases? Even one day a week would be helpful.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Janey wrote:
Beth Ann Brown was raped and murdered near Brocton, don't remember the date, possibly the 80s.
still unsolved
correction
Cemetary records show Beth Ann died March 27, 1978 at age 28

rumors said that a law enforcement officer was involved in her murder.

Since: Mar 09

Endicott, NY

#12 Apr 23, 2009
it seems that a common thread is coming from this, that a law officer was involed. such as the case with yolands b
Psycho babble

Bath, NY

#13 Apr 24, 2009
I agree with Rocket 29. The LE in this area sure is suspicious IMO. I also agree with Janey that retired detectives/police or anyone for that matter, should delve into these cases. Too many missing/murdered women in our area.

I heard a rumor that the FBI was "looking" at out local LEO's. Is this true? What we need here is Andy...we already have our quota's of Barney's.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#14 Apr 24, 2009
I have also heard the rumor about the FBI looking into LE, its probably wishful thinking on our part.

Since: Oct 08

Lakewood, NY

#15 Apr 24, 2009
I think that the LE needs to be looked into, also. I trust them to a certain extent, but NOT with my life. I think I SHOULD be able to trust them with my life...but I don't.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#16 Apr 25, 2009
bumping this up for the victims of domestic violence
JK-OFF

Buffalo, NY

#17 Apr 25, 2009
Janey wrote:
Since Gerace can't get the funding, why don't retired detectives volunteer their time to work on cold cases? Even one day a week would be helpful.
Did you ever stop and think they might be working on these cases but forgot to call us all up and tell us? Look at the STIFFLER murder, that took 30 plus yrs. and YES, they had been working on it all this time and YES, they did solve it,even though SADEN got a slap on the wrist.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#18 Apr 25, 2009
I pray that you are right.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#19 Apr 25, 2009
Also a 1992 murder was solved with DNA in 06. Luckily, DNA evidence was kept when Christpher Salzarullo was murdered. Kevin Burlingame was picked up for a violating his probation, a routine run of his DNA thru the data base connecting him to the murder, who is in prison now.
Pray for more cases to be solved
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#20 Apr 27, 2009
a website showing some interest in cold cases

Nighttraits.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hazel 45 min Beth 7
Mylena? 2 hr Notmeu 3
Walmart employees that steal 2 hr goergette 6
Trump getting clowned on 4 hr Truth 57
This weekends project 4 hr Finished 11
want heroin dealers names and addresses 4 hr Tired of the scum 4
Bi 5 hr Brad 5

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance