Should Welfare recipients have to pas...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ridiculous

Fredonia, NY

#25 Jan 18, 2013
I agree there should be a drug test. However, just because someone is on welfare doesn't mean they are lazy and can't work hard. Some people need it to get back on their feet, and they shouldn't have to be ashamed for being on it or judged. so you can't give away a little of your money to help someone else? That just goes to show how selfish some of you are. Yes I admit some just live off the system, but not all of them. So don't give people on welfare a bad image. Let's say someday you need welfare, then you can see what its like. don't judge everyone.
Adrielle

Jamestown, NY

#26 Jan 18, 2013
If you have a background of drugs and alcohol, it is mandatory to be drug tested in order to receive benefits through the department of social services TANF program. If you've been in court or have had drug/alcohol counselling, they will find out if you don't tell them, and they will make you have a drug test. I'm not sure what they do if you don't pass, but I think they get you into some form of outpatient program.
adrielle

Jamestown, NY

#27 Jan 18, 2013
Skurvey wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock of shit, welfare should be like probation- check in once a week and tell them what your doing to find a job and a drug test.
That is totally untrue, there are felons who are applicable to benefits, they are on probation/parole, and then there are people remaining right above the line of poverty, just trying to get by and live. There are people laid off who are not applicable to unemployment, there are single parents, there are disabled adults who receive benefits, I know it appears most people receiving this aren't well kempt and don't take care of themselves, but that is nothing close to being a criminal. Being a single parent doesn't make you a criminal, the people are already alone as it is, I know the money situation isn't a good ''look'' for people in this country, but you have to take money aside and look at the person for what they do. If they're being selfish with that money, sure, they should be given hell for it, but there are still lots of people who use that money for the reason they are given it. To pay bills and get by. We all deserve a place to live, especially for children's sake and we all deserve to eat man. You would really judge a person's worth in this world off their bank account? That is the biggest sin of all if so.
Adrielle

Jamestown, NY

#28 Jan 18, 2013
Because I know once I am on my feet through my own support system, having a job, etc. I will still be the same, honest person that I am. I know once I have achieved my own career I will still be the same mother and person that I am. Money has never defined who I am as a person. I will still spend money on the same things, and the day I have extra, I'll spend it on the things I used to buy, clothes, toys, children's clothes, and then once we have enough things to live with I'll save the rest. Idk maybe some of the people spend it on cigarettes, beer, drugs, who knows, I do know that I am a TANF recipient, I do not engage in to that behavior, I have schedule for myself and my children, I make the most out of what I'm given and make sure we have structure.. My form of income doesn't make me a criminal, that is ludicrous.
Adrielle

Jamestown, NY

#29 Jan 18, 2013
GOOD MOMMY wrote:
exactly we pay for them to live off of OUR money we work for and they take from us meanwhile we have to scrimp and scrounge for our generic food while they have all namebrand carts full pisses me off lookin at their walmart reciepts with $1000 in stamps and sometimes up to $700 in cash! what the hell! must be nice!
I hope you know your tax dollars only go toward the TANF public assistance/social services program if your income exceeds $250,000 per year... People who make less do not get taxed for this welfare program. Research it, your taxes go to foreign aid and social security... School taxes too.
grace

Vestal, NY

#31 Jan 18, 2013
set for life sounds like adrielle sigler, she's a nasty welfare mother
grace

Vestal, NY

#32 Jan 18, 2013
you've been saying that same lame shit for years and haven't done anything towards your career and i have seen you out at the bars drinking, probably using your welfare money!
is welfare gonna pay for your fake tits too???
adrielle

Jamestown, NY

#33 Jan 18, 2013
you're dumb, it's been 2 years. They are still babies.
grace

Vestal, NY

#34 Jan 19, 2013
it's called daycare-you could get it paid for from your welfare
Work

Jamestown, NY

#35 Jan 19, 2013
Yes... And instead of building more rat holes for these scums on 2nd .... Hire a group of legitimate tax paying investigators to follow up on the fraud these low life people do.
Adrielle

Jamestown, NY

#36 Jan 19, 2013
I actually HAVE started work, here in Jamestown, by the way. So suck on that one "grace".
lolol

Horseheads, NY

#38 Feb 3, 2013
yes give drugtest
Butt McFuggerton

Olean, NY

#39 Feb 3, 2013
Joey W wrote:
Sad they thought putting food stamps on a card would deter selling them.. in reality it made it easier. So many trade there whole card for pills or what not. A dam shame.
You would know a little something about misuse of food stamps, wouldn't you? ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Too many baby daddies 7 min HSB 23
Melissa Edington 11 min Hmm 18
t bartlett 28 min Bad 2
Chris Patric 30 min Lindsay 1
John Patel?? 30 min QueenBitch27 1
The Fab 5 37 min LAMES 3
What happened on Forest 47 min Melinda 11
Who's next on the chopping block to OD? There's... 2 hr Jimmy 30
Frank Cindy 3 hr shesagangleader 20

Jamestown Jobs