Should Welfare recipients have to pas...

Should Welfare recipients have to pass a drug test?

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Survey says

Tonawanda, NY

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Should Welfare recipients have to pass mandatory drug test to keep receiving benefits?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 27, 2012
YES YES YES YES If your living off the system then yes you should be required to pass a drug text,felony background check,etc etc. So many lazy loser people around this city should all be shipped away to live off somwhere else. This city is inhabited by more than its fair share of scumbags anymore. Now bash away at me rookies I know it's coming. I'm sure theres about 10 of you cramped up in a 1 bedroom apartment huddled around the computer reading this now.
Jtown

United States

#4 Dec 27, 2012
For sure, and who cares about their kids suffering, if they cared about their kids they wouldn't do that crap anyways
Trustyourpolitic ians

Springfield, NJ

#5 Dec 27, 2012
There was a bill concerning this at one point, until they changed it to include legislators. Obivously it got shot down
jennifer

Fredonia, NY

#6 Dec 27, 2012
I heard it would cost to much money to do it
Errr

United States

#7 Dec 27, 2012
The cost of the drug test would be more to the tax payer than the amount of money they save as in the case in states that did pass that so on that I say no
Ok please

Vestal, NY

#8 Dec 27, 2012
I heard florida starting to drug test !!
Jamestown Observer

Jamestown, NY

#9 Dec 27, 2012
yes, losers!!!!!!!!!! as I am working ....yes yes yes....drug testing.
Skurvey

Tonawanda, NY

#11 Dec 28, 2012
busty wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you but what happens when the home invasions go up because they can't feed their habits. Sometimes it's better to just let them have it and keep people a bit more safe. I hate saying it but things are bad here now.
What a crock of shit, welfare should be like probation- check in once a week and tell them what your doing to find a job and a drug test.
GOOD MOMMY

Vestal, NY

#12 Dec 29, 2012
exactly we pay for them to live off of OUR money we work for and they take from us meanwhile we have to scrimp and scrounge for our generic food while they have all namebrand carts full pisses me off lookin at their walmart reciepts with $1000 in stamps and sometimes up to $700 in cash! what the hell! must be nice!
Tony the ton

Baltimore, MD

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Wake up people and drop the wishful rhetoric. What would the penalty be when they discover who on welfare is using? Take their welfare away? Haha you know that won't happen because welfare is the only thing stopping them from robbing the "haves". So not only do the welfarians get a free pass, we taxpayers are financing their buys.
Skurvey

Tonawanda, NY

#15 Dec 29, 2012
Tony the ton wrote:
Wake up people and drop the wishful rhetoric. What would the penalty be when they discover who on welfare is using? Take their welfare away? Haha you know that won't happen because welfare is the only thing stopping them from robbing the "haves". So not only do the welfarians get a free pass, we taxpayers are financing their buys.
Thats the way it is and it's time for reform, my neighborhood keeps an eye on whats going on, lowlifes don't stay for long, quit turning your head, stand up, take a stand and good things happen
Tony the ton

Vestal, NY

#16 Dec 30, 2012
set for life wrote:
Why are you being so harsh on the people for? It's the government that enables them to do it. I'll be honest I collect welfare, food stamps, and Medicaid. I also work under the table and make $300 a week. If they are putting it out I'm taking it. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
You do this proudly because now being on welfare is considered a good thing and an accomplishment. Years ago no one bragged about being on welfare, in fact they were ashamed to admit it.
Lori

Jamestown, NY

#17 Dec 30, 2012
yes,drug testing would be good.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 30, 2012
Sad they thought putting food stamps on a card would deter selling them.. in reality it made it easier. So many trade there whole card for pills or what not. A dam shame.
Skurvey

Tonawanda, NY

#20 Dec 31, 2012
the card only saves postage costs and it is illegal to sell food or misuse food stamps, both parties will get arrested if caught.
true

Johnson City, NY

#21 Jan 1, 2013
Joey W wrote:
YES YES YES YES If your living off the system then yes you should be required to pass a drug text,felony background check,etc etc. So many lazy loser people around this city should all be shipped away to live off somwhere else. This city is inhabited by more than its fair share of scumbags anymore. Now bash away at me rookies I know it's coming. I'm sure theres about 10 of you cramped up in a 1 bedroom apartment huddled around the computer reading this now.
Joey I have done a few lines with you before so why don't you just be quiet while you are ride them white slopes?!
bo bo

Jamestown, NY

#22 Jan 1, 2013
Skurvey wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock of shit, welfare should be like probation- check in once a week and tell them what your doing to find a job and a drug test.
In theory you are right, checking in and getting tested, I agree. However you are missing one important aspect, these folks on the "system" or programs are totally unemployable. They have no job or life skills, no ambition, no desire to work and have a better life ect, ect. What employer would hire such people? Who is going to give them a start? Welfare is almost a generational concept. Familys have and are on it for decades, the offspring of these welfare "rats" only know one thing, do what grandma and grandpa, mom and dad do. The chain must be broken. Once a person is of age they should have to stay in the "rats nest" until they can make it on their own. No leaving the nest, being lazy, dirty and dumb and starting a new "rat" colony of their own. Readers take this concept and expand on it. Comments?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#23 Jan 1, 2013
true wrote:
<quoted text>
Joey I have done a few lines with you before so why don't you just be quiet while you are ride them white slopes?!
Yeah yeah ohhhkaaaay nice try..... Never
Skurvey

Tonawanda, NY

#24 Jan 1, 2013
bo bo wrote:
<quoted text>In theory you are right, checking in and getting tested, I agree. However you are missing one important aspect, these folks on the "system" or programs are totally unemployable. They have no job or life skills, no ambition, no desire to work and have a better life ect, ect. What employer would hire such people? Who is going to give them a start? Welfare is almost a generational concept. Familys have and are on it for decades, the offspring of these welfare "rats" only know one thing, do what grandma and grandpa, mom and dad do. The chain must be broken. Once a person is of age they should have to stay in the "rats nest" until they can make it on their own. No leaving the nest, being lazy, dirty and dumb and starting a new "rat" colony of their own. Readers take this concept and expand on it. Comments?
I know that some are unemployable and they get sent to Social Security, nobody has job skills until they learn them- college, trade school, on the job training. Look at all the people earning low wages, they aren't happy but they took what they could get. I've trained many people to be a steelworker and then there was some that just didn't want to work, take away the option and I'm sure they will want to work. I respect anyone who works no matter what they do because it all needs to be done. I'm sick of welfare people thinking they are being discriminated against, I don't owe them shit and I don't respect them, there are a few exceptions though but there not long term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ce ce Carr (Oct '16) 3 min Lmao 18
Denise oink oink 14 min Hmmm 3
Paige silliman is a snitch 18 min Funny af 10
Juan Dahn needs caught 20 min EnterUsername 5
Will You? 22 min EnterUsername 1
Jenny gave my kids up for a guy Hicks 25 min Equals1988 3
Spectrum losing 23 channels, I'm out! 31 min Loud belchin Bob ... 25
Down low gays the list begins today-go! 54 min DL male thot 13
Lakewood/Jamestown YMCA 1 hr Whitey 34
Ecklof Bakery 5 hr mildred lol 23
Paranormal Activity 6 hr Becareful 29

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages