Proposal Would Change Name of High Po...

Proposal Would Change Name of High Point Road

There are 45 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Proposal Would Change Name of High Point Road. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A Greensboro councilman is proposing a plan that would allow the city to rename High Point Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Wheeling, IL

#45 Aug 3, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
Changing the name isn't going to make all of the black people leave. It will still be a ghetto.
"Ghetto" in this case has nothing to do with the black race, but rather the condition of the area. Travel HP Road and you'll see asians, hispanics, blacks, whites, and mixed races. If you're using "ghetto" as slang for slums or a bad part of town or a run down area - fine. However, making "all the black people leave" will not correct this problem.
Bob

United States

#46 Aug 4, 2010
Lets see you have a budget shortfall ? Getting ready to possibly raise tax. You want to change the name of High Point Road. Why ?
Take the money and attack the crime head on. I am sure the name you give it in time will be known as the the discussion would be "Gateway Boulevard" oh yea that is the old High Point Road. If this is done and all Greensboro city folks dont kick all the council memeber off than you deserve what you get. hehe " Gateway Boulevard" Funny
Change you can believe in

Los Angeles, CA

#47 Aug 4, 2010
What's wrong with additional taxes? We in local government give you much, much, much! For so little. Yet you whine about taxes and won't let us name a street you are so selfish.

Like my good friend Joe Biden said "you need to put some skin in the game."
young trap

Waterloo, Canada

#48 Aug 4, 2010
Its young trap in da buildin wat up bpouys way is everybody so racist blacks are black and they have a right to be ghetto hoooooooodrich bouyz. Gucci mane go so hard sometimes
Mushmouth

Los Angeles, CA

#49 Aug 5, 2010
I was on High Point road and Merritt today. I was waving my member at incoming traffic.

People loved it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stopping Microaggressions against Whites in Hig... Aug 26 Interesting 5
Boy Aug 21 Bobbyhill234 1
Review: BIT Security (Apr '11) Aug 18 RPL 23
bbw black woman (Feb '16) Aug 15 Smitty 4
The clintons need jail time Aug 15 road warrior hawk 1
Is jamestown a good place to live? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Local 2
Ragsdale High School Graduate -Movie Star (Apr '08) Mar '13 Ragsdale class of 90 4

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages