Proposal Would Change Name of High Po...

Proposal Would Change Name of High Point Road

There are 45 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Proposal Would Change Name of High Point Road. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A Greensboro councilman is proposing a plan that would allow the city to rename High Point Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Paulie

Mooresville, NC

#1 Jul 28, 2010
this kind of thinking is why Greensboro is such a piece of trash. Wow, what a joke.

Since: Jan 10

Wheeling, IL

#2 Jul 28, 2010
As Rome burned, they heard violin music from the palace. In Greensboro, as the city reels from high unemployment, high crime, and budget deficits we'll see new street signs. That'll make everyone feel so much better.
Are you serious

Burlington, NC

#3 Jul 28, 2010
What a dumb idea! "lets cost people in an already down area more money, not actually FIX any real issues and give it a stupid name."
Yeah there are a lot better things they could be using their time to think about then plan for and use money for.
Rdog

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2010
Ridiculous! Let" s call it Prosperity Boulevard and maybe everyone will want to just move there! What an idiot!
Breathing Clean Air

Clemmons, NC

#5 Jul 28, 2010
High Point Road by any other name is still High Point Road. Councilman Zack Matheny is a looney if he thinks that by changing the name of a road, things will change. Use all that money for changing signs and clean High Point Road up and make it the star attraction that it once was.

Councilman Zack Matheny, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!
observer

Clayton, NC

#6 Jul 28, 2010
what a stupid irea. it would cost a whole lot of money & in this economy there is no extra money for such a stupid idea. how is changing the name of a road going to stop or even slow down crime. if you change the name shark to great fish, it's still going to be the predator that it is. where is the logic in this? maybe it's his way of getting his name out there in an election year? i'd vote against him for grandstanding w/ such a stupid & costly idea. i hope the govts of guilford co don't spend needed tax $ to study the proposal. idiotic.
Lack of commen sense

High Point, NC

#7 Jul 28, 2010
Let's fight crime by changing the name of a street! I am thoroughly convinced that every single politician is an idiot.
Danielle

High Point, NC

#8 Jul 28, 2010
This is the stupidest Idea Ive ever heard, why r u soooo worried about the name of a road..by you changing the name thats not going to change what goes on there...wow...people are going to do what they are going to do this will not help stop the crime that goes on there. Why dont yall find something usefull to spend money on like donating to charitys or something.
Danielle

High Point, NC

#9 Jul 28, 2010
OH YEAHHH HEY GUYS LETS CHANGE THE NAME OF THE ROAD SO THAT THERES NO MORE CRIME...GIVE ME A BREAK...THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE STUPIDEST IDEA IVE EVERRRR HEARD!
Liberal Democrat

Whitsett, NC

#10 Jul 28, 2010
I agree with everyone else. This is a ridiculous idea.
Eggbutt

High Point, NC

#11 Jul 28, 2010
when you put lipstick on a pig, at the end of the day, it's still a pig...
opec

Dobson, NC

#13 Jul 28, 2010
A pig by any other name is yet still a pig.
Irritated

High Point, NC

#14 Jul 28, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
How about we rename it "black ghetto road" or "get raped by a black person road"? Or how about "Used to be nice when white people were here but black people come in and ruin everything road"? I mean, geez, lets name it for what it really is.
Wow... a little racist, huh?
dbs12

Burlington, NC

#15 Jul 28, 2010
Whatever the name is changed to, High Point Road would still be High Point Road. Nothing would be changed by re-naming it. It would still be a long, sprawling, crime ridden slum. It would be much smarter to spend the proposed cost for something that might possibly do some good.

It appears that someone does not have enough to do and does not know how to do it.
Really

Mebane, NC

#16 Jul 28, 2010
i can't find a full time job and they want to spend money renaming a road... and to think we voted for these people
observer

Clayton, NC

#17 Jul 28, 2010
Irritated wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... a little racist, huh?
ditto, thanks you saved me some typing, & i probably wouldn't have been as nice as you.
The Snapper

Kernersville, NC

#18 Jul 28, 2010
Paulie wrote:
this kind of thinking is why Greensboro is such a piece of trash. Wow, what a joke.
Hey Paulie...for the record Greensboro is a beautiful city. On the other hand, I have been to Mooresville. Its where I stop to take a dump on my way to Charlotte. You are probably one of those people who "brag" about having NASCAR in Mooresville. Hey Paulie...your a white trash E-TAL-LIEN.....
Dave

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jul 28, 2010
I have lived in Greensboro since 2000. This is the stupidest idea that I have heard from our city council. Zack, you are a joke. I have never voted for you and never will. Changing the name of High Point Road wii not improve anything. Every one and their brother will still call it da hood. Again, Zack you are a joke. LOL
Great Idea

High Point, NC

#20 Jul 28, 2010
Oh I have a much better idea... Lets trick everybody and change the name of another road such as Elm St. to High Point Rd. That way the crime goes to that stretch of road. I am a genious I know. VOTE FOR ME FOR PRESIDENT 2012.
John in High Point

AOL

#21 Jul 29, 2010
Its just like changing street names to MLK. What a stuid waste of time, equipment etc. Senseless to say the least. This dude wants to rename anything that has the label High Point

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plans Moving Forward for New Mosque in High Point (Sep '10) Fri Dances with wolves 60
News 22 Rescued Jack Russell Terriers Arrive in Gree... (Mar '10) Aug 18 Carolyn Ketchie 16
Review: BIT Security (Apr '11) Aug 17 anon 28
Snitch list (Dec '14) Aug 12 Frankie moore 20
News Funeral Held for President of Hells Angels (Jul '09) Aug 2 Ddogg 143
Review: Terry Auto Outlet Aug 2 Cameron 1
Airport Construction Aug 1 IDK 1

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages