Report on Fatal Crash Won't Be Released

Report on Fatal Crash Won't Be Released

There are 89 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Report on Fatal Crash Won't Be Released. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

One of two reports on a fatal crash on Business 85 involving a Highway Patrol trooper will not be released to the public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ccc

Rocky Mount, NC

#1 Jul 22, 2010
Yea Yea ,cover it up .
rdh

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2010
I knew this was going to happen! As I have said before this trooper will get away with what he has done.
Somewhere

Bunnlevel, NC

#3 Jul 22, 2010
Lying Sons of Bitc!!!!!! Hide IT
Sweet Meat

High Point, NC

#4 Jul 22, 2010
Plain and simple... cops are going to take care of other cops... hell naw they dont want the report out because it shows that jack.a.z.z doing 100+ when he hit that car
robert burlington

Greensboro, NC

#5 Jul 22, 2010
the trooper needs a leathal injection he took 2 lives because he thought he is above the law stand up people cops think that they are god
Charley

Winston Salem, NC

#6 Jul 22, 2010
Hmmm...didn't the attorney general's office make a statement the other day (when the witness came forward with the conflicting account of the accident) and say that once the reports were finalized by this outside firm, they would be released to the public? Now, they are saying that the reports will not be release. Sounds to me like the have found something to hide. Did Pontiac Grand Ams even come in blue? Does anyone else know?
Lynn

Thomasville, NC

#7 Jul 22, 2010
Sounds like a cover up to me....heck I was driving up interstate 77 on July 4th and almost got hit by either a state trooper and the guy he was after was a good half mile up the road before he got to them
jiluvjen

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2010
Charley wrote:
Hmmm...didn't the attorney general's office make a statement the other day (when the witness came forward with the conflicting account of the accident) and say that once the reports were finalized by this outside firm, they would be released to the public? Now, they are saying that the reports will not be release. Sounds to me like the have found something to hide. Did Pontiac Grand Ams even come in blue? Does anyone else know?
Yes, the office DID say that, but that was the other day BEFORE the AG's office had had a chance to read the outside report. Once read, the whole picture changed. The AG's office didn't tell a lie. It just failed to live up to its previous statement. the PC way of lying!!!!! Find me an honest lawyer from beginning to end and I'll have TWO dishonest persons!!!!!
Frank

Mocksville, NC

#9 Jul 22, 2010
What will it take for us to finally get together and stand up to this!
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#10 Jul 22, 2010
Charley wrote:
Yes they did..I had a friend that bought one of those Gaudy things.I can't remember what year it was..I am thinking a 97 or 99..Boy was it ugly.

Yes the Trooper will get by with this, but I am afraid that the Tax Payers of NC will not..WE are the ones that have to pay for these types of screw ups. Even so I believe that this was the Trooper's fault.
observer

Dunn, NC

#11 Jul 22, 2010
the dash cam is public record & legally should be viewable by the public, as well as any transmissions about the initiation of a pursuit. if it is policy(?) of nchp to radio pursuit initiations & the officer didn't, that shoots holes in his story. also, if the web cam shows that he was following the witness vehicle & suddenly just took off, this shows the officer to be the liar that he probably is. he was probably rushing off to meet a fellow patrol at a krispy kreme. the radio transmissions of that night should be public record also. i bet the sob's in the nchp will say that those hours of transmissions somehow were mysteriously missing & the info from the dash cam was destroyed in the wreck(which in today's world of forensic technology would be a lie, too.) the arrogant nchp isn't above the law & the trooper should be held accountable along with anyone else who conspires to let him off the hook.
logic1st

Burlington, NC

#12 Jul 22, 2010
it is about time we are going after a true criminal, how long have we been letting murders, rapist, fighters, drunks, and other criminals go and be prosecuted, to hell with them lets get that trooper, lets waste thousands of dollars and time of him and not the real criminal goo job way to go, we can cover up the fact that she turned in front of him, lets see the dash cam if there is one, it will show her turning in front of him and then static and a crash, oh yeah and the killings and fights going on is no problem, they did not mean to do it
tiger

Winston Salem, NC

#13 Jul 22, 2010
Geez, I guess I am just confused. I thought all their salaries were paid by taxpayer dollars. I didn't know that they got the money as mana from heaven....that answers that. I guess we're just too damn dumb to handle the truth.
Haters

Greensboro, NC

#14 Jul 22, 2010
I wish all you people that sit behind these computer and criticize evrything this officer has done would get up off your lazy a-- and go do his job for a day. But no you are going to belittle a hard working officer. I guess if you where in need of an officer you would want him there Johnny on the spot. It's all different when you need something. So please think about this when you post crap about officers or anyone else.
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#15 Jul 22, 2010
I don't hate him..I don't even Know him..I just think that he is a bad driver.

Since: Oct 09

United States

#16 Jul 22, 2010
I smell a steaming, hot pile of BS.

I want to see the first two reports! I do not care if they are conflicting. I will not settle for just a final. I want the evidence, not the smoke and mirrors the lawyers are trying to put out there.

Anything less will make me think that there is a coverup, and cause me to loose more respect for the SHP, if that's possible.

In my opinion, the SHP has no right to "enforce" others, if they can not enforce themselves.
Kenny

Prescott, AZ

#17 Jul 22, 2010
So glad I moved from an area where so many judgmental people who think they know what a day in the life of a police officer is. Hope you never need the police. When someone breaks into your house, don't call the police. When someone mugs you or the one you love, don't call the police. When a drunk driver runs through a family of six, don't call the police. Since it's so much easier for most of you to sit behind your computers and pass off judgement about things you know nothing about, you won't need the police when trouble comes. That is because you already don't trust them so why bother calling them to risk their lives for people who do not trust them. Good luck climbing down from your pedestals people.
Sweet Meat

High Point, NC

#18 Jul 22, 2010
Haters wrote:
I wish all you people that sit behind these computer and criticize evrything this officer has done would get up off your lazy a-- and go do his job for a day. But no you are going to belittle a hard working officer. I guess if you where in need of an officer you would want him there Johnny on the spot. It's all different when you need something. So please think about this when you post crap about officers or anyone else.
Bite Me.. now put that in your crack pipe and smoke that
Charley

Winston Salem, NC

#19 Jul 22, 2010
I do not "hate" the officer, and yes if I needed an officer, I would expect one to respond asap, but not at the life of another, especially if my life was not on the line. I will say that the officer in question is human, and he may have made a very big mistake, a very big act of misjudgement, but either way the SHP needs to be upfront and honest about it. I don't think that the officer needs "lethal injection" as one commenter put it, but he should stand up for his actions instead of spending all this taxpayer money to investigate two and three times, then hide it from the public, and cover it up. If you screwed up, you screwed up, and just say so.
rude

Greensboro, NC

#20 Jul 22, 2010
speakup2 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they did..I had a friend that bought one of those Gaudy things.I can't remember what year it was..I am thinking a 97 or 99..Boy was it ugly.
Yes the Trooper will get by with this, but I am afraid that the Tax Payers of NC will not..WE are the ones that have to pay for these types of screw ups. Even so I believe that this was the Trooper's fault.
Do you really think he'll get by with this? I hope the State Attorney is keeping an eye on this forum. What I wonder is how many in this state feel the way people on this forum feel about LEOs and have no opinion what so ever about what Honda did wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bridge church in Kernersville NC (Feb '12) May 27 Former Member 119
New Autism Family support group (free) May 21 ppmharley 1
Review: Carolina Rustica May 21 Johnny 1
Racist Black Drivers are an Epidemic in the Pie... May 19 Tracy 1
Fed up cyclist May 18 Believer 2
What's wrong with Lol? May 16 Lady Allies 1
Fixing our town May 15 A Friend 6
More from around the web

Jamestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE